Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

New BlizzCon video

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 General Discussion' started by popez, Nov 22, 2010.

1. popez

popez IncGamers Member

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 22, 2010
  2. TruIsBack

TruIsBack IncGamers Member

Re: New BlizzCon video

Nice, thanks for sharing

3. TheMythe

TheMythe Diablo: IncGamers Member

Thanks for the video.

Cool death animations but I do HATE detonating monsters on death... Luckily there is a timer on them so you can get away safely :)
    Although 'some' explode immediately :(

In a room there seems to be a mini-endboss? They left that part out purposely?

At 6.06 another fade away, why?
    BTW: Teleporting big bad guys... *gulp*

7.27 Amulet of spines....I'm interested already and it's just blue...

Cool death animations from 7.40 onwards, that purplish glow slowly fades away on the corpses, seems to be arcane powerresidue.

That self-explode she uses, it seems to be chargable, in the way of little blasts and BIG blasts, is it known which skill that is?

Quest: Battle through Leoric's halls of agony
    Bonus: Kill the cultist grand inquisitor

Last edited: Nov 23, 2010
  4. tyren

tyren Diablo: IncGamers Member

Nice find, but with is it with people and bola shot, using it as if it where a fireball? This isn't the first time we see this and it's painful to watch :crazyeyes:

5. fnwc

fnwc IncGamers Member

Very cool find. It's cool to see how much more powerful the activated vessels are than when they're being possessed.

6. Flux

Flux Administrator

It's not from blizzcon. the background noise is very different than the show floor or the press room. If you saw the news, Jay Wilson was quoted from some event in Korea just a few days ago. And the watermark on the video is from a Korean gaming site. So seems pretty clear they've got a demo of D3 at some Korean event and someone grabbed the video there.

It's painful to watch, since the guy playing is so bad. As others have said, endless wasted bolo shots. I'd usually try to get 4 or 5 enemies in sight, Entangle ARrow them, and then hit each one with a Bolo. By the time I'd nailed the 4th or 5th the first one would blow up, and then I'd repeat the cycle, thus not having to shoot twice or thrice monsters that were already dead. Endless wasted ammon from thsi guy, and wasted time on all the running around since he doesn't have a clue how to crowd control with Entangle.

Shame the camera isn't focused about an inch higher, since then we'd see all of the monster names, which display on top of the screen. It's zoomed in enough that they're all just out of sight.

7:20 -- some nice footage of a new monster in the demo. Razorbacks.

Nice looks at the flames roaring up through the grills in the Halls of Agony. Also the glowing purple corpses from death to arcane damage Magic Missile for the Sorc later in the movie.

7. Hyliangod

Hyliangod IncGamers Member

its painful to watch yet another person spam bola... this is the kind of person who got to play d3 and i will cry myself to sleep later thinking about it.

8. gerhard

gerhard IncGamers Member

I already stated this in the comment section, but here it goes again (blunt c&p):

"If I remember correctly, there has been more than one report on how the game plays silky smooth (because of detailed animation and high framerate, I suppose?).

It’s interesting how this doesn’t come into focus in direct feed videos, but on these cammed ones. Is it because of the video encoding (static fps) or what?

Also, in this particular video, the framerate oscillates quite hard (there is periodic choppiness, and then silky-smooth again). Why is that?"

Also, I must admit that the wizard gameplay was more interesting (and flashy-er). Magic missile got an updated graphic from what I can tell and that exploding pinpoint thingy skill is now eminating form the wizard herself (at least if comparing to blizzcon '08 wizard broll).

9. Panopticon

Panopticon IncGamers Member

"Scroll of Wealth"

Hmmm...

10. Filo

Filo IncGamers Member

I'm not a fan of the flying numbers and dodges, I really hope that there is a way to turn those off with out removing all of the interface.

11. Cincinnati

Cincinnati IncGamers Member

I partly agree. But my main beef with them at the moment is the look of the numbers. They look so plain and boring. If they'd have some cool gothic, medieval look to them it wouldn't bother me as much.

12. yovargas

yovargas IncGamers Member

If I remember correctly, that scroll allows you to "sell" items while in the field.

13. Panopticon

Panopticon IncGamers Member

I like it. Only because it lists only the critical hits and other important info. If it were to constantly scroll all the damage, yea that's terrible. But, IMO, listing the crits is nice change of pace from D2 where you didn't know wtf was going on for damage.

14. fmulder

fmulder Site Contributor

Thanks popez for the link; I found another vid from the same event:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vbr8D3lcm2c

This guy was probably worse than those others as he was nearly killed by the first mob he ran into. He had to drink a health potion to recover!
    I like the monsters at the end though, looks like they were teleporting to surround the player.

15. TheMythe

Seen the big walking teleporters earlier but never noticed the firewalking in their trail :)

Crappy quality though but still mayor thanks ;)

16. popez

popez IncGamers Member

Crappy ?
    This one of the best quality non-shaky cam we have . Thanks fmulder .
    Oh , ?nd it seems koreans are greater than all other ninjas :)

17. gerhard

gerhard IncGamers Member

Thank God someone else noticed this! I am to in awe why the hell they don't use the "traditional" diablo font? Would be so much cooler, and... it's diablo, for Christ's sake!

The only explanation I will accept is that they will implement it in the polishing (beta) phase of development.

18. TheMythe

Well, it's not like the font is a high priority when creating a game. I could even think it's one of the last things they'll iron out. Simple flick of a button IMHO.

19. Cincinnati

Cincinnati IncGamers Member

Has that near death red screen glow feature been in the game before? Or have I just missed it because noone else has been bad enough to go down to 5% health or whatever.

20. konfeta

konfeta IncGamers Member

I vaguely recollect mention of it earlier from somewhere. I just hope it won't become as horrifically annoying and out of place looking as ME2 veiny screen thrombosis.