New (Beta) High Leveling Guide Up for 1.10

luiccn

Diabloii.Net Member
hey, try host it on ur blog (free) or in a thread.. go go fast, i wanna get lvl 99 with my light sorc! :clap:

mhl12

Diabloii.Net Member
luiccn said:
hey, try host it on ur blog (free) or in a thread.. go go fast, i wanna get lvl 99 with my light sorc! :clap:
probably should not since it's most likely copyrighted and you're taking it off from another game site which is against the forum rules.

LiquidIce

Diabloii.Net Member
guys for those who havent "tried" looking 4 it its the second in-depth guide on teh diablo 2 : lod section ^^"

Quietust

Diabloii.Net Member
Is there any reason why you suggest using ethereal upgraded Guardian Angel as merc armor? Are you not aware that upgrading an ethereal armor will remove its +50% base defense bonus?

Orphan

Diabloii.Net Member
Dawnmaster said:
Referer Link Error

And what am I supposed to see now?
Try to copy the link (either by clicking reply to his post and grabbing it or opening it in a new window, but cancelling it straight away) and paste it in a new window. It seems Game FAQS doesn't like it when another site links to them (other than cnet, I think).

Dredd

D3 Off Topic Moderator
Tifa,

Gamefaqs falls under the banner of "competitive sites" to this one and it is fairly likely that the moderators will kill your link.

I'm sure there are people who could benefit from your guide and considering that this site is a major stomping ground for players, you should consider submitting a copy of it for inclusion in our own Strategy Compendium. Detailed instructions on how to do so are here.

Now I finally understand the whole science of "Lingering", which Hakai_no_Tenshi tried to explain to me (with little success) a while back. :lol:

Dawnmaster

Diabloii.Net Member
Orphan said:
Try to copy the link (either by clicking reply to his post and grabbing it or opening it in a new window, but cancelling it straight away) and paste it in a new window. It seems Game FAQS doesn't like it when another site links to them (other than cnet, I think).
Sweet :thumbsup: Thanks, reading it now :lol:

B. The Act 2 Minions Experience Glitch

This glitch only applies to a Full Game (8 people) in the Throne of
Destruction during Act 2 (The Unravellers and Death Mages). What you have to
do is get one person in the Allied party to Un-Party (Leave Party) just before
the Act 2 Minions Spawn. The game has to be full for this glitch to work, if
you have 7 or less people in the game, you do not need to do this glitch at
all, since in reality, the act 2 minions give significantly less experience in
an 8-person game than they do in a 7-person game. Usually, the lowest level in
the party is the one who un-parties thus helping the higher levels gain more
experience, while he gets more experience from the other waves anyway. The
person who un-allies should re-party before the Act 3 wave spawns (The Council)
in the Throne of Destruction. This is one of the easiest glitches to do, and
it helps the entire baaling party, regardless of level, but at high levels
(95+) it helps tremendously.
I thought this was just a myth, like somany others, it this an actual glitch or not?

MapleBarb

Diabloii.Net Member
Dawnmaster said:
Sweet :thumbsup: Thanks, reading it now :lol:

I thought this was just a myth, like somany others, it this an actual glitch or not?
from comparing the amount of exp I get in games where people glitch vs others where no one does I'll say its a myth.

Senor Bezeer

Diabloii.Net Member
Congradulations Tifa, it sounds like you put extremely alot of time into your sorceress, and Im glad that you were rewarded for your efforts. I know i wouldnt have the patience or persiverance to do so I commend you on your victory. I just have ttwo questions for you:

1) What kind of damage were you doing by level 99? and;
2)After all of that time baaling and leveling are you ever gonna be interested in playing LOD again?

Once again, congrats.

Tifas-Revenge

Diabloii.Net Member
Congradulations Tifa, it sounds like you put extremely alot of time into your sorceress, and Im glad that you were rewarded for your efforts. I know i wouldnt have the patience or persiverance to do so I commend you on your victory. I just have ttwo questions for you:

1) What kind of damage were you doing by level 99? and;
2)After all of that time baaling and leveling are you ever gonna be interested in playing LOD again?

Once again, congrats.
Sorry for the very late reply, but

1 - I was doing somewhere around 8K per blizzard or the such (low damage output because I needed to focus on my defense and DR - dying is VERY BAD at level 98, as I painfully was well reminded!) - it's been so long ago though! I actually used ice blast a bit more because it did more damage to Baal more consistently. Sounds strange? Well it's not really.
2 - No - but nowadays I stream FF4 Free Enterprise on Twitch. Rydia has been my main thing. I tried playing Diablo 2 for my 15th anniversary earlier this year, but it just wasn't me anymore... so I got to level 15 and Act 2 in normal for 15 years LOL :)

Deuterium

Diabloii.Net Member
Sorry for the very late reply, but

1 - I was doing somewhere around 8K per blizzard or the such (low damage output because I needed to focus on my defense and DR - dying is VERY BAD at level 98, as I painfully was well reminded!) - it's been so long ago though! I actually used ice blast a bit more because it did more damage to Baal more consistently. Sounds strange? Well it's not really.
2 - No - but nowadays I stream FF4 Free Enterprise on Twitch. Rydia has been my main thing. I tried playing Diablo 2 for my 15th anniversary earlier this year, but it just wasn't me anymore... so I got to level 15 and Act 2 in normal for 15 years LOL :)
Congrats on the season 2 win Tifas-Revenge, your guide was very helpful pushing a friend to 99 a few seasons ago—and 14 years late is better than never. :D