Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

New assassin for PvM/MFing/possibly PvP

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by motormaniac5, Mar 18, 2004.

1. motormaniac5

motormaniac5 IncGamers Member

New assassin for PvM/MFing/possibly PvP

Ignore this post, decided that assassin wasn't the right class for what i want to do. going with the standard fishymancer, and going to load him up on R/W gear. thanks for helping me realize this

2. Spook_Cell

Spook_Cell IncGamers Member

Well Bos has deminishing returns so after about 5-6 points it isn't really worth it. But there are a thew builds you can look into, kickers (uses Dragon Talon or Dragon Tail), trappers(uses mostly traps) and hybrids tha use both. I'll just let someone else who knows more fill you in.

3. Fafner

Fafner IncGamers Member

Cruise over to the assassin forum man. 20 in Cobra is overkill as is 20 in BoS. Those are 1 point wonders, or at most 5 or so in BoS. Check out the TS/Dtail assassin, I think you'd like it (it's on the Strategy page, the blue one). You can use Pheonix Strike as a back up. I'll give you more details if necessary tomorrow. Gotta run.

4. motormaniac5

i realize it has diminishing returns after 5-6 skill points, still want it maxed though, i am a R/W freak, back in 1.09 i had a Bnet barbarian that i had build JUST for R/W, maxed frenzy, maxed innate run speed, R/W charms, 40% R/W bp (trang-ouls), 40% R/W boots (sanders)... etc etc etc... i loved him to death, i would out-travel sorcs in the cow level, only thing that sucked was black walls of death (connection screwed up, and you reached the end of the last signal before it corrected itself) usually you could walk backwards for alittle and you would be fine, but sometimes you would end up dieing. anyway, black walls of death don't happen on SP, so i am wanting to make another character based around R/W, but not another barbarian, so i chose assassin. If you read through this whole rant of mine... WOW, you got some free time on your hands. Are you still reading this? amazing...

5. wildjinn

wildjinn IncGamers Member

I hate to tell you this, bud, but this build isn't going to be very effective for any of the things you wish to do with it. :/

Dragon Tail is a great skill, but really shines only when used with Tiger Strike, an excellent chargeup skill for increasing damage. Putting more than a single point in Cobra Strike is also uneccessary. If you're doing, say, 4000 thousand damage on a release, leeching 80% of that will easily fill your life and mana balls.

Also, I hate to dissuade you from this, but BoS is a great skill in moderation. If you look at the top end, the skill benefit per point tapers off very strongly, and increasing speed past a certain point, both for run/walk and attack speed will not actually have any effect on your character.

Shadow Master is a great skill and can be wonderful when maxed: you'll have a tank that'll never die. The minimal level I would suggest if you're interested in using her throughout all of the game is 11, the point at which most of her gear is upgraded to rare equipment. The only additional equipment she receives are a single ring and a rare amulet.

The 10 in Weapon Block is a good point to shoot for. If you're kicking, which it looks like you want to do, though, you won't need more than a single point in Claw Mastery.

Another important thing to consider is that a Martial Arts assassin is very heavily gear-dependent for damage and such, and a MFer could be much better made either with a trapassin or another character class. It's certainly possible, but very difficult to kill quickly and maintain good MF on an MA Assassin. PvP is also not the best thing to be doing with a charging build, since you will likely be dead within the time you're able to charge up your necessary items and release them enough times to kill your opponent.

I think a good course of action would be to tell us what kind of build you're looking for, I'm assuming Martial Arts, which finishing move you want to use, and we should be able to lead you down a good path, hopefully.

6. motormaniac5

sry bout that, cobra strike was a typo, i meant tiger strike =) no need for that much leach lol.

7. motormaniac5

for the type of build i am looking for, one that is Viable, even with 20 points "wasted" in BoS =). that is my only requirement, MA, Trapsin, doesn't matter to me, as long as i can have BoS maxed, or close enough to max that the difference in R/W won't move to the next breakpoint, if that is what you call it for R/W. i plan on using an Act2 merc of some sort, and also using my shadow master. I have a Stealth runeword, and sanders boots as my R/W gear so far, and i think that is the farthest i am going to go unless i can get my hands on trang-ouls scales chaos armor. I talk too much, i wonder why you guys are still listening to my meaningless stories.