new ama, can it work, hydra bonespear?

Gimmershred

Diabloii.Net Member
new ama, can it work, hydra bonespear?

I am thinking of a strafer with very specific gear for %chance to cast on striking:

Brand bow + marrowwalks for bonespear from brand with lvl33 bone prison synergy

Dragon armor for lvl 18 venom when struck and for lvl 15 hydras on striking

trang oul gloves +belt for lvl 18 fireball wich is a synergy for the hydras and for the +25% poison damage to increase venom damage

Infinity act2 holy freeze merc.

Damage of Amazon with 11/3 fpa strafe
lvl 16 synergized bonespear
lvl 18 venom with 25% more damage
lvl 15 Hydras with lvl 18 synergy and -85 fire res
little bit of damage from lvl 14 holy fire
lvl 16 lightning with -85 all res
35% crushing blow from guillaumes
35% deadly strike with critical strike
Big chance of Amplify damage when struck
Hydra bow with +-300% ed physical damage.

Merc with eth infinity, fortitude and vamp gaze

the hydras will do around 150 damage wich isnt much. But when strafing it is very common that 10 hydras will be around at the same time i think. wich will mean 1500 firedamage with -85 res wich is quite nice.

The bonespear damage will be around 500 magic damage

I will pump dex pretty high so my physical damage wont be all that bad

My merc will deliver around 5k physical damage

The lightning damage from whisp is nothing much but the heart of wolverine charges will aid me and my merc with our physical damage

So, what do you think?

MagicMoron

Diabloii.Net Member
Swap Freeze for Might Merc, later on use Andy's Visage instead of Gaze on merc. Your lack of IAS frightens me.

Gimmershred

Diabloii.Net Member
MagicMoron said:
Swap Freeze for Might Merc, later on use Andy's Visage instead of Gaze on merc. Your lack of IAS frightens me.
i thought holy freeze merc so the bonespears and hydra will hit more easily.

U been using the setup for the merc before and with a 15 ias jewel in his gaze he is pretty much unstoppable.

According to the ias calculator i use i will have 11 fpa initial attack and 3 frame followup strafe with 35% ias on my gear using a hydra bow. are you saying that that is too slow? is 9/2 strafe an absolute most? cause 9/2 strafe is pretty impossible for this build, i would have to use a low damage matriarchal or blade bow and i still have to get 60% ias on my gear wich seems a lot of damage and gear sacrifice to only shoot 1 frame faster. and i won't be able to use trang gloves then

The only possibility to get 9/2 strafe and still have fireball synergy from trang-oul is equipping trang helm with 15 ias jewel+trang belt , 20% ias gloves and cats eye. My physical damage will be very low then, i will not have the ds and cb from guillaumes and i will not have 25% poison damage for the venom from trang gloves.

newerest

Diabloii.Net Member
Gimmershred said:
the hydras will do around 150 damage wich isnt much. But when strafing it is very common that 10 hydras will be around at the same time i think. wich will mean 1500 firedamage with -85 res wich is quite nice.
Casting delay??

Arbedark

Diabloii.Net Member
IIRC the +18 to fireball from trangs wont synergize the hydras at all.

Since it is + skills. NOT charges.

Arb

Wmeredith

Diabloii.Net Member
Arbedark said:
IIRC the +18 to fireball from trangs wont synergize the hydras at all.

Since it is + skills. NOT charges.

Arb
This is true. And, yes, 9/2 is a must for a strafer. I actually prefer 8/2. Dragon armor is cool on a starfer though. Try it with an Ice bow. You'll be raining down a Fire and Ice storm that a lag-romancer would envy.