Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Never fear the Squid again!

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Spearthrower, Sep 8, 2006.

1. Spearthrower

Spearthrower IncGamers Member

Never fear the Squid again!

I came here after speaking to Asmodeus just to write a reply in the "Where have they all gone" thread......

After reading through the forums a little, I had to make a new thread (in honour of days gone by) to say that this still looks like a fantastic community! I don't know why this place has always attracted such a special group of people who have no fear in sharing in fun and frolics and calamari!

There are still some of the old time greats - I wont name people because I dont want to miss someone out and make them cry (like Durf - he's always blubbing when he's left in a corner by himself for a few minutes!! It's his fault anyway! ;)) And there are loads of new faces (probably have been here for YEARS!) who have added their own little special something.

It's really great to know that this place is not only surviving, but positively thriving! :) I am honoured to have had a small hand in the creation of this place and it is great to see when something grows way beyond its initial starting point! I don't feel any nostalgia at all.... mostly because nothing has gone... it all looks just as good as it was all those years ago.... and better!

So *raises glass with one arm round the Giant Squid* Here's to you guys and I hope you all have many more happy years here!

Cheers one and all :thumbsup:

Spearthrower
    Thrower of spears

2. FrostBurn

FrostBurn IncGamers Member

Er, ok, erm, soo, who are you?

Or more importantly, who were you?

:grin:

3. Spearthrower

I am Spearthrower, thrower of spears, Defender of the Realm, Vanquisher of Giant Squid, Bearer of the Legendary Bowl of Calamari.

No?

*looks around for the forum sign*

Yes.... SP Forum - this is the one!! :wink3:

4. nex

nex IncGamers Member

I remember you... but you cannot remember me because I was only lurker back then with maybe 5 posts :smiley:

I still have saved SP Character Guides thread (1.09) that you started :wink3:

5. Drystan

Drystan IncGamers Member

Errr. Hi. :wave:

So errr. Just wondering what this has to do with the squid?

6. LprMan

LprMan IncGamers Member

Your nick is familiar, I have seen the old-timers mention your name multiple times. I'm not sure if I have ever seen you to post though, because I have been here myself only ~3 years :laugh:

Welcome back! :wave:

7. Spearthrower

nex.... that's cool! I lost those guides many years ago through hard drive failure! I loved my Werebear - I could play D2 again just to play that character again! :D

Drystan..... what has this to do with the squid?? Arrr, where's the ancient warning tablet when you need it? Have you not been beset by the squid in times past? I'd be surprised to find that my old adversary doesnt lurk here still! :eek:

Lprman.... I would estimate that I left here in 2001? Maybe early 2002.... I cant remember for sure! :)

8. Corrupted

Corrupted IncGamers Member

Spearthrower is back to vanquish it :badteeth:

Hello Spearthrower, you were before my time but I have heard of you, good to see one of the REAL oldschoolers popping by :wave:

9. Spearthrower

Hi Corrupted!

I feel like one of the ancients!! Isn't anyone going to offer this old geezer a chair by the fire and a drink to warm me cockles? :)

10. Stargaze

Stargaze IncGamers Member

Gosh! It's alive! It's good to see that we're protected from the Squid again.

Welcome back, Spearthrower. Go, have a drink at the EMB, it's on Durf's card for all I know.

11. Tom_S

Tom_S IncGamers Member

*No smilies enough for showing the surprise*

Speary, it HAS been a long time. Never fear, this thread will have them old timers out in no time (like me :p).

Not sure if you're back, but welcome back :)

12. Drystan

Drystan IncGamers Member

I've seen the squid (I think...) I'm really confused, so I'm going to believe what you say. :smiley: GL with the squid. :undecided:

13. Spearthrower

Hi Tom_S... my God - long time no see! From your avatar, you havent grown an inch!! :D

Still a member then? Why have some of Ye Real Olde Timers only got a couple of hundred posts? *confused*

Drystan.... There you go - you've seen him too. It's like one of those Arthurian legends right.... When doom approaches again (i.e. Big fricking squid) then doom's nemesis reawakens!! *sharpens harpoons*

14. Stargaze

Stargaze IncGamers Member

First, there were several forum hickups, second, I for one didn't play much for the last two years, so haven't got that much to contribute anymore (save for greeting fellow old-timers).

15. Spearthrower

Hey Stargaze! Great to see you! I guess if you no longer play, then you must be here just for the forum? :) What are you playing now?

16. Tom_S

Tom_S IncGamers Member

<-------------------- Daughter :)

After you left there have been a couple of squid attacks taking everybody's post count back to 0. But nevertheless i was never much of a poster anyway.

17. nex

nex IncGamers Member

18. Spearthrower

Tom_S wow! How old is she?

Nex... that is so cool - a real blast from the past and you are an absolute STAR!!! I also lost that avatar many years ago... it was made for me by Freelancer.... is he still around? Wow, thanks a lot for that, it's made my day! ;)

19. Dark Matter

Dark Matter IncGamers Member

WB Spearthrower.

Now you have no excuse not to roll a Werebear and join in a 1.11 Tourney

DM

20. Spearthrower

Dark Matter - thanks! 1.11 now huh? I seem to recall hearing good things about it.

Actually, I dont have the game here... I now live in Thailand and most of my CD's are stashed away back in the UK. I'm pretty sure it wouldn't be hard to pick up a copy as many people over here love the game too. I can probably get one of those all in 1 pack thingamees for the equivalent of a few pounds. I shall check it out, playing Titan Quest has reawoken a soft spot in me for hack and slash fests! :)