Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Never Ending Quest To Save A 2socket Crown Of Ages

Discussion in 'Theorycrafting and Statistics' started by DanteAlastor, May 5, 2005.

1. DanteAlastor

DanteAlastor Banned

Never Ending Quest To Save A 2socket Crown Of Ages

Help ... where do i get a legit Crown of Ages

looking for 2 sock with 11dr... i dont care other mods
    planing to Cham+Ber and use dual bk

where would i MeleeMF this... who/what area has the best unique drop rates
    (NOT CONSIDERING CHAOS SANCT...iron maiden is scary)

2. teck21

teck21 IncGamers Member

Even the most hardcore of mfers will have some difficulty finding one, let alone a 2 socket one, although it sure is ALOT easier than if it were 1.09.

Forget Chaos sanctuary, you would never find it there because its too high level an item for that area and its monsters, including Diablo.

Only appears in later parts of Act 5, exactly where Corona's start to drop I'm not sure.

I am fairly sure though that unlike certain items, a CoA can drop from any monster that's high enough a level to drop coronas, but maybe someone knows for sure.

You could do nothing but mf in all the right places for many hours a day for months and months and quite probably still not find one.

Just trade for one, I haven't kept up lately but I'm not aware of 'non-legit' CoAs.

3. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

That's wrong. A CoA is TC 87 and qlvl 86, i.e. any boss or champion in the L85 areas (Pits, Mausoleum, Tunnels, Maggot Lair 3, River of Flame, CS - but not Diablo - and WSK 1-3) have a mlvl of 87 respectively ** and the TC is possible for all monsters there. Bosses from L84 areas (e.g. Durance 3 - but not Meph), Pindleskin and a lot of other act 5 super-uniques can drop it as well.

4. Pherdnut

Pherdnut IncGamers Member

From what I'm seeing on ATMA it can't even drop from regular monsters. It looks like Pindle Runs are your best bet. It has about half as much of a chance dropping from Pindle as it does Baal but you could probably do at least 3-4 Pindle Runs in the time it takes to wade through all of Baal's minions and take him out.

5. ZeN

ZeN IncGamers Member

Unless your Baal runs take 3 minutes ( which I doubt ), you can do probably 7 - 8 Pindle runs during the same time, that, of course, makes your point of preferring Pindle even stronger.

EDIT: noticed the "at least" part. My bad.

6. alexzed

alexzed IncGamers Member

I'll make this easier - kill a boss or a champ in any of these areas, and you've got a chance at a level 87 TC:

Act 1 - Pit Level 1
    Act 1 - Pit Level 2
    Act 1 - Mausoleum

Act 2 - Maggot Lair Level 3
    Act 2 - Ancient Tunnels

Act 3 - Sewers Level 2
    Act 3 - Ruined Temple (In Kurast Bazaar)
    Act 3 - Forgotten Temple (In Upper Kurast)
    Act 3 - Ruined Fane (In Kurast Causeway)
    Act 3 - Disused Reliquary (In Kurast Causeway)

Act 4 - River of Flame
    Act 4 - Chaos Sanctum

Act 5 - The Worldstone Keep Level 1
    Act 5 - The Worldstone Keep Level 2
    Act 5 - The Worldstone Keep Level 3
    Act 5 - Throne of Destruction
    Act 5 - Worldstone Chamber

7. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

Your list of L85 areas is correct, but it depends mainly on the item level, not just on the TC. The maximum ilvl is the area level for regular monsters while champions and bosses have a maximum being higher by 2 respectively 3.

There are no regular L86 monsters, that's why they can't drop a CoA, but a lot of monsters can drop from any TC, not just those from the L85 areas. Bosses from the flayer jungle can drop from any TC, for example (I found a DC there), but their mlvl isn't high enough for the items with the highest qlvls.

8. DanteAlastor

DanteAlastor Banned

My Quest is Over

finally i traded my eth bug gaze given to me for free... i dunno why that person was so generous... :)

this is what i got for ebug gaze
    i got a 12dr 20 res +100 defense with ber cham ...

My Never Ending Quest is finally Over... ty for the input.. ill get another coa

My new never ending quest is to find combat gcs with life... not +40 because those are dupe..