Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Nerfed .10 bowazon debate

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by R-A-V-E, Mar 31, 2005.

1. R-A-V-E

R-A-V-E IncGamers Member

Nerfed .10 bowazon debate

I had reacently made a NL bowazon and realized that its practically impossible to kill any GOOD pvp player without using 120/45 helm and 160/60 armour, or 3,20,20's. There is just no good LEGIT NL bowazon. Now i've reacently heard about this "faith" and "fortitude" on ladder only and im wondering why the hell would they make those only ladder when the bowazon is the most nerfed character on NL this patch.
    Every character got something awsome they could use when the patch came out... except for the bowazon.. like..HELLO?!.. didnt anyone notice that unequality?. Blizzard has practically killed that character class for legit people or people who would at least like to be legit but cant because of how badly the bowazon has been nerfed in NL. Blizzard says they want all these dupes and stuff to go away, but they themselves are promoting such behaviour by making certain characters so unequal where only dupes and hacks can solve the problem... the martial arts assn is another one that got nerfed to hell. Sure people will be able to get faith and fortitude when it comes on NL... but do you know how overpriced thats going to be?? how is any average player going to afford that if their favorite character happens to be a zon? faith and fortitude should be able to be made on NL!

PS. I'm wondering if blizzard even really cares about the unequality?.. i mean when all those new runeword ladder items come out blizzard is going to make money from those sites that sell the stuff. (there is a small amount of $ that blizzard charges these sites since blizzard techincally does have the rights to the stuff).

PPS. It seems that most items that are worth much of anything are runeword items.. except you cant find runeword items.. and runes drop randomly and not by MF. Items are just not easy enough to find. Anybody who is a newbie these days will never get anywhere in these conditions. I've often wondered if blizzard just doesnt want people to find anything.. they want them to go buy from some site so that they can make money.

2. Kove

Kove IncGamers Member

Some classes were buffed, some nerfed.
    Bowazons happened to be extremely overpowered before, so they got a nerf. They might have gone a bit over the top, but remember that they do not balance this game around PvP.

About your PPS: Believe me, you can get quite far with just Perfect Gems.

3. aznbboi16

aznbboi16 IncGamers Member

That's not true. You just need to trade for legit jewels and charms. I have a completely legit bowzon on nl and she does pretty good. Yes to make a successful bowzon you need to be wealthy and you need to know how to play.

Faith and Fortitude will give bowzons a pretty big boost when ladder resets. I think that should even things out. Seems like an incentive to play ladder or quit and play WoW :rolleyes:

4. Chimaira

Chimaira IncGamers Member

Amazons aren't nerfed...the only thing I can think of is Guided+Pierce no longer working...other than that most of their skills have been boosted. True other classes got much bigger boosts, but you also need to keep in mind that this game isn't primarily PvP oriented, so anything that Blizzard has implemented is designed for PvM....if it works for PvP too, then goody.

5. Dacar92

Dacar92 Community, Amazon, DH Moderator & Inc Clan Officer

Isn't multi and strafe being only 3/4 of it's original power being nerfed?

6. Chimaira

Yes...but Multishot was also 3/4 in 1.09 so no nerf there...And Strafe is still a very powerful skill so I don't see what amazons have to complain about...Valkyrie is boosted, lightning skills are boosted, poison skills are boosted...Also the upgrade recipees allow for a much wider selection of endgame bows than in previous patches...not to mention rares. If someone has a right to whine then it's shapeshifting druids...

7. R-A-V-E

R-A-V-E IncGamers Member

Well try using that against a 6k life barb.. try using it against a good charger pally or a good wind druid.. or a good bonemancer.....

8. Chimaira

Try using what??? Again the patch wasn't designed for PvP, in fact this whole game wasn't designed for PvP so it's kind of useless to start a thread about how bowazons got shafted in PvP...Also Faith+Fortitude seems a nice combo, so it's not like bowazons didn't get any new nifty toys to play with. If you don't like playing with bowazons anymore make another character, maybe a Charged Strike zon, I hear they are pretty good at PvP.

9. YogiRat

YogiRat IncGamers Member

Actually, I think it's the other way around. Strafe was at 3/4 in 1.09 but character screen showed it at full damage. A lot of people were dissapointed in the skill because of that back then. There was a great thread a while back about "next delay" I think you willl find the facts there.

10. Lunatic

Lunatic IncGamers Member

I was never ever disapointed about strafe in 1.09. I made almost a dozen strafers , which did better then they do in 1.1.

11. Chimaira

I think you are wrong....I've looked in the game files and Multi shows up at 75% of weapon damage and Strafe has 100%...There could've have been some sort of weird bug...but I seriously doubt that. I've never seen anything mentioned about Strafe's damage being cut in 1.09...and as you can see from my post count I follow these forums quite closely:) And I also agree with Lunatic...Strafe was a cool skill, 75%/100% doesnt matter.

12. YogiRat

YogiRat IncGamers Member

13. Chimaira

Actually it does...and yes it is a great read, thanks for pointing it out.

No need to, seems I was wrong... again:( there was some kind of weird bug.

I suddenly seem to remember that Strafe wasn't all that effective against single targets...this thread explained why...I always thought it was weird when you we're pumping out arrows at a boss that it didn't really speed up the kill speed...now I know why...still a great skill for mobs.

14. fallen angel of satan

fallen angel of satan IncGamers Member

havent read the post but their is a bug that if you fire strafe above a certain spedd its only summit like 1 in 3 arrows can hit but anyayz that isnt the point of this thread.

Bowzons are not nerfed they are just more expensive. WHo remmeber bone necs in 1.09 they wore jewlers armour of the whale with 4 jahs in and things. Just because they have been boosted so much bowzons have swapped places with them isnt that bad a thing, it changed pvp and some people liked it while others didnt, thats all this is about. If you dont like pvp now bcoz your ama with buri and other gear that you can pick up in less than 24 hours playing doesnt own all then i advise either leaving pvp or vhanging chars. The pvp bowzon is still v fun and can own quite a few for example trappers(even the godly ones) also foh palas d/e/a are extremely useful. bowzons are different now but no less fun and when in ladder faith+forti have brought them way back into the running the damage/speed output of a bowzon is incredible.

Admitedly the days of you just being able to stand in 1 point wearing just buri if you wanted and owning all that came within range are gone but personaly I think dueling is alot more balanced between char classes now, BUT it has become more expensive, but there are still cheap fun classes you can play, foh palas dont require many expensive items, bone necs, hammerdins(to a certain extent although personaly I dont think these are the bes pvp class around, much better pvm char than pvp)

sorry to go on but it anoys me that alot of people are still living in the past, 1.10 is here and has been for a while it is different yes but thats all.

The no.1 priority is to have fun

Richard

15. Sokar Rostau

Sokar Rostau IncGamers Member

Strafe WAS nerfed for 1.10. In .09 every point into Strafe added 10%ed (200%ed at slvl 20) and Multi had no %ed increase. In 1.10 every point in Strafe adds 5%ed (100%ed at slvl 20) and Multi still has no %ed increase. No matter how you look at it that is nerfed. Also IIRC in .09 Strafe did 100% damage while Multi only did 75% so it is possible that the skill displays 75% weapon damage when in fact it is still doing the 100% it did in .09, then again 09 was EIGHTEEN MONTHS AGO and it might have done 75% back then too.

And BTW, 963 posts in under one month does not make you a close follower of the forums, it makes you a spammer. Maybe if you had joined in March 2004 you would have something to be proud of...though I don't know what.

16. Dacar92

Dacar92 Community, Amazon, DH Moderator & Inc Clan Officer

If this turns into a flame fest I will break out the ban stick. Then I will turn back everyones post count to before this thread was made.

Let's be nice and continue the great debate that was started by R-A-V-E.

17. bluedragoon

bluedragoon IncGamers Member

18. Chimaira

True but the loss of enhanced damage is easily outweighed by better bows...with the upgrade recipees, it is now much easier to get decent bows, since all the exceptional unique bows make decent end-game bows when upgraded...also Brand and Faith are very interesting new bows. Other gear like Fortitude have also boosted Amazons tremendously. So while the enhanced damage on the skill itself has been lowered, the skill itself works the way it used to and with better gear, it's more or less status quo for a strafer's effectiveness. Maybe it's slightly worse, maybe it's slightly better I can't really tell.

If you had bothered to read the reply that Yogi Rat has been so gracious to give us...you would know why Strafe did 75% weapon damage in 1.09 and still does in 1.10.

Why does it make me a spammer??? I try to help people and give my opinion when it's asked for...that doesn't equal spam in my opinion. And I wasn't trying to brag or anything...just saying that I hadn't seen anything about Strafe being 75% damage in 1.09 and to avoid anyone commenting on my only being a member here for a month I just wanted to convey that I love these forums and have followed them closely. Not somethin I'm proud of in any way...so please keep your disdain to yourself:)

I will say again that complaining about how bowazons have been nerfed in PvP is kind of pointless, since this is mainly a PvM game. And when the original poster says that Bowazons received nothing in the new patch that's simply wrong. He does however have a point that most of the good new bow amazon gear is very difficult to obtain...but I still like the upgrading recipees for expetional bows.

19. cheesypotatoes

cheesypotatoes IncGamers Member

how does making guided even more powerful count as a nerf?

20. RebirthOfMak

RebirthOfMak IncGamers Member

Ladder zons are much better with faith and fort...

Mak~