Negative resists

Tutatis

Diabloii.Net Member
Negative resists

ok, so if I go to hell(in the game of course) and have -100 fire, except I won't reduse anything, will I also get double the damage some1 with 0 would get>? Does this also work against monsters?

LorveN

D3 Off Topic Moderator
Yes, -100% means you will take twice as much damage as if you had 0%. (=dangerous! beware!)
Also works the same way for monsters.

Leohappy

Diabloii.Net Member
SPIDERfrank said:
yes, having negative resists isn't good.
-100 fire resist means you'll die every time a Fire enchanted monster explodes and you're in the blast radius.

Dawnmaster

Diabloii.Net Member
Leohappy said:
-100 fire resist means you'll die every time a Fire enchanted monster explodes and you're in the blast radius.
Depends, there are still things like %absorb and EnergyShield and having loads of life...

LorveN

D3 Off Topic Moderator
Leohappy said:
doesnt it help if you are a druid in werewolf/werebear form too? When you get to 1hp, you just transform back to normal again, and then you can be killed :)

My ES sorc had -80 fire and lightning res (20 from scroll of res is norm and nm, didnt make it to act 5 hell though) and did fine, but any otehr build you really want your res to be positive. as near as 95 as possible if you do WSK runs.

DeMeVeR

Diabloii.Net Member
farting bob said:
My ES sorc had -80 fire and lightning res (20 from scroll of res is norm and nm, didnt make it to act 5 hell though) and did fine, but any otehr build you really want your res to be positive. as near as 95 as possible if you do WSK runs.

i got an es sorc too and with 90% or more es u really dont need the res :D
only poison ;) but thats easily done with trekkies
in pvp the res still help tho, high fire res will make it harder for firesorcs to put u in hit recovery since ~22k fireball still does big damage with 95% es

maybe ele druids dont really need res too if you recast cyclone armor enough

Fluffballer

Diabloii.Net Member
My wind druid intentionally had -70 resists. Why waste space on your equipment and inventory with them if you're FI/CI/LI? :)

With 75% block, damage reduction, and max poison resist, wind druids are immortal!