Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Need your feedback!

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by ancalagon, Jul 11, 2010.

1. ancalagon

ancalagon IncGamers Member

Need your feedback!

Hi there all, I am currently thinking of compiling an indepth and thorough guide to a PvP Blizzard sorc, Vita with Max Block variant. Been wanting to share my experience (have been dueling for about a year and a half now, even though I just recently started rebuilding) with this community for a long time and have started drafting a basic outline for about a few days now.

I just wanted to gauge the interest in such builds as I dont see many around (EuSCNL), or not as much as I used too. And if you do see them, a lot of people dont know how to build them properly, even admitting that its 'just a quickly made fun char cuz I was bored'.

So let me know if such a guide would be welcome here. Even a simple yes or no would be welcome :thumbup: Get to voting now!

2. Rawness

Rawness IncGamers Member

Re: Need your feedback!

On the forum it's more then welcome.

But I see no poll if you're implying "on voting" that way.

But yes, if it has the same depth as http://diablo.incgamers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=549015 and a more distinct outline it would be a warm welcome... (I could make a pun here.... "cold and fresh welcome")

3. ancalagon

Thanks Rawness. Lol, nice pun XD.

Yes, will probably be too indepth in some parts, and I'm worried it might confuse or just plain piss off certain readers. It's one of my main concerns at the moment. I want to release a good guide which is not over concise but not TL;DR either.

Anyway, thanks for voting, I'm going to try add a poll, didnt even come to mind.

4. SeCKSEgai

SeCKSEgai IncGamers Member

Curious as what yo would say in a guide that would piss off certain readers. Technically, you can piss off readers by saying nothing, everything, and anything in between.

Pvp guides are required to be in-depth really - even then a good one goes on much longer as questions get asked over and over ;)

5. droid

droid IncGamers Member

Arent Vita and MB usually mutually exclusive?

I mean, if you can get MB and werent ES, wouldnt Vita be the only stat left to dump points into anyway?

6. ancalagon

Yes, I can guarantee I can be very indepth and I dont mind answering questions at all! I think its my 'personal style' so to speak that can 'piss off' some readers with perhaps short attention span or who love concisiveness where it is due, who get frustrated reading *way too* much. Especially people who already know most of the game mechanics but still need some help with their build. Well I know some guides 'piss me off' sometimes (for lack of better words), when its simply too much! Its a case of balance between a concise guide and indepth guide. I will go for fully detailed approach anyway. Thanks for your input.

Yes of course, but there are also ES block and Vita non block builds too (the latter of which I personally find horrible on a sorc, but to each his own!), as well as vita / ES hybrids (I know a really good build on USEast NL for example). Hope this answers your question.

7. SeCKSEgai

SeCKSEgai IncGamers Member

As long as it's organized, length isn't really a problem as you can just skip over what you don't care about - that's what I do when I use a guide as a resource. As for readers getting "upset" over a guide, think of it this way - you're providing knowledge and experience for free.

The only time I find a guide "distasteful" is when it basically says get this gear, put stats for gear and rest in vit with no real explanations on concepts for the build.

8. ancalagon

Guide about half done, in the meantime don't be too shy to vote please XD

9. ancalagon

Legal bump