Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Need Uber team

Discussion in 'Player Matchup' started by Tweezle, May 19, 2008.

1. Tweezle

Tweezle IncGamers Member

Need Uber team

Hey-
    I'm going to give a shot to hosting my first ever Uber game but I need a team of players who are adept at Uber. I'm a total noob when it comes to it but I would like to get into a group of real experts so I can build a couple of new characters (the RIGHT way) for Ubering. It looks like fun and I like the work as a team aspect! I have a level 92 Hammerdin Pally with 3444-3447 hm dmg. right now and not quite sure he will hack it there but he's the highest level I have right now so I am going to give it a try, thus the need for some REALLY good team players. I have all the keys to make a game. I figure it takes a while (?) to do it so I have to find a time where there's nothing going on here, either between 9-12 am CT or 7-9PM CT Mon-Fri.
    I would appreciate any comments (try to be nice to the noob) suggestions feel free to /w me account name wggk or my pally's name is zilla-god on D2 LOD USEast standard ladder. Let's make a team and have fun (hopefully)!
    Thanks all!:smiley:
    W.

2. Crowd Control

Crowd Control Banned

Re: Need Uber team

DearTweezlefirstofalltrytorearrangeyourposttoareadabledegreeSecondofallitssmarttopostRealmandplaymodeinthetitlesotherightpeoplegettoreadyourpostThirdofalltheresastickiedtread openwhereyoucanaskanybodyforhelpwithuberingbutIthinkyoudidtherightthingtoopenanewthreadconcerningleveling

Or ofcourse:

Dear Tweezle,

First of all try to rearrange your post to a readable degree.
    Second of all its smart to post Realm and playmode in the title so the right people get to read your post.
    Third of all, there's stickied tread open where you can ask anybody for help with ubering, but I think you did the right thing to open a new thread concerning leveling.

I'm not an Easty though, so I can't help.

And welcome to the forums ofcourse!:flowers:

3. Tweezle

Tweezle IncGamers Member

Thanks-
    Not sure what you mean by readable, when I look at my post it isn't jumbled up so I must be doing something wrong this is the first time I have posted here.
    Thank you for the advice re the title also. Let me know what I am doing wrong don't see any jumbled up text here on my end. I am using arial font at size "1"

4. Crowd Control

Crowd Control Banned

You're doing fine! It's just that your text could be more readable if you edited in some more breaks and stuff. A good looking, organised piece of text attracts more readers than one block of text.

I'm just nitpicking though, it's not that bad. I've seen worse :wink: .

5. MagpieLee

MagpieLee IncGamers Member

keep up the good work cc

6. AnimeCraze

AnimeCraze IncGamers Member

First of all, is this uber killing, or uber leveling?

Second, 3k damage sounds awfully low for a hammerdin..... A naked hammerdin does 3523 - 3597 damage. Are you using concentration?

7. Opeeq

Opeeq IncGamers Member

I was thinking the same thing. Even with lowish equipment, my lamerdin still did about 6k damage.

And yep, playmode/realm tag would help. If you are on Europe, I'll help you kick an uber or two anytime ^^

All the best

8. Tweezle

Tweezle IncGamers Member

Oh boy I don't know what I did wrong then building my hammerdin...

I followed a guide- max concentration, max vigor, max BA, hammers are max at skill level 44 holy shield is at skill level 35. I am wearing everything plus skill you can imagine! This makes me sick to think I've screwed this build up somehow but guess this is for a different thread..sigh.

Uber leveling is what I was wanting to answer the question.

9. MinusDII

MinusDII IncGamers Member

You haven't messed your build up I don't think.

You just have to set concentration to right click and set Blesses Hammers to left click.

Then cast with left click by either left clicking on an enemy or by holding shift and left clicking.

10. Tweezle

Tweezle IncGamers Member

:smiley:[/FONT
    I don't think you can set any aura to right click. Right click is for combat actions only. I just double checked that. Of course I may be wrong... It seems that everything I thought I knew about some aspects of this game has once again been blown out of the water.... lol.
    TY

Last edited: May 19, 2008
  11. Coldsmoke

Coldsmoke IncGamers Member

I can help Hammering, but when do you plan on doing this?

12. MinusDII

MinusDII IncGamers Member

I think this is on East, Coldsmoke.

13. Coldsmoke

Coldsmoke IncGamers Member

Ah sry, can't help you then:(

14. Tweezle

Tweezle IncGamers Member

Ok, well I was looking at the wrong hammer damage numbers. I was told to pull up my character stats window and look there and sure enough my REAL hammer damage with the concentration aura is actually 15k.

That should be plenty to do an Uber game in my humble opinion.

After much thought and some research I have decided to do some more studying of the Uber strategy and the team playing rules so I can run a (hopefully) successful game where everyone goes away with some good leveling and I come out with a nice torch plus leveling for me.

I probably will need to post a new thread for the game since I didn't put enough information in the title.

I will need experienced Uber players as I have none yet. This will be for the USEast ladder realm.

I'm glad I found this site, it's a great place to chat to other d2 players.:thumbsup:

15. Drmurder

Drmurder IncGamers Member

If this is East ladder which i think it is, I can show you how to set up the Uber lvling. Ie traping meph and where you stand etc. Pm me when you need help.

16. fauxgtfour

fauxgtfour IncGamers Member

Just to get you started, you'll need two hammerdins, and a nerco (or someone with boneweave boots for the bonewall charge). Its also recommended that you have a smiter you can call on.

Certainly do your research, but the rough idea is this:
    Pre- Make the portal and let the game set for 10 mins. CI's are not unusual, and you don't want to lose your torch.
    1- Kill baal and diablo with a smiter.
    2- Trap meph in "meph's house" (great uber leveling guide stickied in the pally section that includes a picture)
    3- Have everyone come in who will be leeching, and at least one of the two hammerdins come in last. Have everyone party up BEFORE the hammy, then have him party up last.
    4- Have someone tele over to meph, and make sure it causes skelly to spawn around one of the hammys
    5- Have a nerco make a bone wall in the burning building while the hammys hammer away just outside. One hammy should be running conc, the other should have cleansing to keep from dying by poison.
    6- Repeat with about 5 bonewalls or so. then stop and take a rest for a few minutes to avoid CI.
    7- repeat as often as you want.

Good luck, let us know how it goes!

17. BoxCarWillie

BoxCarWillie IncGamers Member

Ive got some experience to help you in game. Ive got a 9k hammerdin that can help spin and and smiter for the kills, i know the standard format, and i know wich house is mephy's and where the general spawn location of the 3 ubers. best way to get a hold of me is PM

I am fairly busy with school but i can find an hour or 2 per week to do this kind of thing, just please contact me via pm before 5pm eastern, 4pm central, 3pm mountain, 2pm pacific.

18. Drunken_Tiger

Drunken_Tiger IncGamers Member

If leech spots open, whisper me :)
    Also have a smiter to help set up.

19. goobafish

goobafish IncGamers Member

I would also be in if there is a leech spot open.

20. Tweezle

Tweezle IncGamers Member

Thanks! That was VERY helpful info. I've been watching the Uber videos on You Tube to try to get a real visual of which way you want to run after tp up.

Giving me an idea on where party memebers should be is what I needed. Looks like if the key team plyrs aren't in sync you could be in real trouble. I'm farming a as much full rejuv as I can hold b/c it looks like you need to hit those in a pinch.

I've made my pally more versatile too by trading practically everything I had for some good smiter gear so now he's a smiter/hammerdin with some very good damage on both ends. I am working on getting used to doing a wep. swap in game. Smite to Hammers etc.

My smite using conc.(fanaticism doesn't seem to do squat) is 59-1039 and I am hoping that is decent enough to Uber with.
    Hammerz at 15k... so was wondering which way I should go when I uber....smiter or hammerdin?

Ok will PM you who can help me with this game once I am ready and yes I need some leeches but how many one needs for a game I don't know yet.:azn: