Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

need to get p gnms

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by ryanme, Apr 1, 2005.

1. ryanme

ryanme IncGamers Member

need to get p gems

what is the best way to get pgems?

rush norm chars for forge, or possibly cube 3 flawless.

im up for suggestions.

2. BFD

BFD IncGamers Member

Going to an area and killing lots of monsters really fast is probably the best way. I would say go after cows and flayers.

3. ArchAngel Tiberrius

ArchAngel Tiberrius Banned

Rushing characters to the Hellforge seems the longest to me.

I would suggest you run:

- Hell Cows
    - Nightmare Cows

An added bonus of Nightmare cows is that the ilvl of their charms means you have a good chance of getting skill charms, which you can trade.

4. marshaldwm2

marshaldwm2 IncGamers Member

I always carry a flawless gem with me, in case I run into a gem shrine. With my sorc, it doesnt take more than a second or two extra to check every shrine I tele past in Durance 2 for a gem shrine, and I find one every 20 runs or so.

5. rg_22uk

rg_22uk IncGamers Member

Looking for a flawed diamond last night i spent a while in Nightmare flayer jungle with a orb sorc. She is quick enough to tele right through up to Kurast and kill the large packs with one orb so loads of flawless gems dropped. Coincidentally it took about 40 mins for a flawed diamond to drop but i must have seen about 50 flawless gems.

Or if you are quick enough to run hell meph do this with a character that has space for plenty of items and keep all the mid level uniques that drop. Then create a game in normal called 'Uniques 4 pgems' and sell them to low level characters for 3 pgems or so. You also might get some useful elites to keep to sell for 10-15 pgems.

6. Chimaira

Chimaira IncGamers Member

Lower Kurast is a very good place to get flawless gems....just make sure there are lots of players in the game and all you need to do is pop the chests...killing monsters is a bonus.

7. Emerald Dragon

Emerald Dragon IncGamers Member

I'd say nightmare cows. It's easy, the level is pretty much the same all the time, there are lots of cows, you don't need high damage to farm them, unlike hell cows, its good for gathering crafting stuff (Jewels, low level runes), great for leveling mercs, nice gem drops, and useful uniques can drop too (I found a skullders once).

Plus you can always count on getting players to join you. A Cow run game will get more people than a Lower Kurast game. The only worry is if someone kills the king.

Dont you hate it when you have 7 people waiting in town, and when you make the portal, it is smack dab in the middle of the pen? Everyone explodes from the portal guns blazing until they realize "Hey the king is standing right beside me". Sometimes the king is dead before someone gains control and makes everyone gather somewhere.

Thats another thing. I hate it when the king trails you. Like you run past/near him or someone in your party does, leading the king to the main group. Then you got to warn everyone that king is near. When this happens, I tell all the people to huddle in a corner as I lead the king to some isolated area, then tele away fast leaving him safe and sound. Most of the time 1 or 2 people follow me anyway, and bring the king back when they return to the group.

8. darksentinel

darksentinel IncGamers Member

ha Emerald Dragon, that is so true, and annoying too.

I would say Cow level for gems, although I've found pgems on normal Meph. Normal and NM cows are great 'cos they die quick and there's always lots of ppl too.

9. Phil

Phil IncGamers Member

just agreeing with everyone else about cows. i do about 15 games of hell cows a night with 2 friends, Light/Fire/Cold sorc runs. We can run an entire game in about 6 or 7 minutes including getting the leg and making the portal. not only do we find 5-10 flawlesses a game but we also have some decent mf(300-400 on all of us) and we do find some pretty useful stuff.

goodluck
    phil

10. Killer_sss

Killer_sss IncGamers Member

to be honest i think taking my sorc and killing andy in hell with my metorb non stop for cheap uniques is the best way to rack up pgems. collect all the crappy uniques you can then creat uniques 4 pgems game in norm or nm and sell each for about 3-4 pgems or more if they're a bit better. then after ur done xfer pgems and repeat.