Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Need tips for Pvp LightSorc

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by MaxAttack, Apr 23, 2005.

1. MaxAttack

MaxAttack IncGamers Member

Need tips for Pvp LightSorc

Hi everyone, im about to begin my light sorc and i read the guide and know all the stuffs about gear, skills and stats. Where im little confuse is about making her energy shield ( putting 20 skill pts in telekenis instead of a synergie of lightning) or not. I know that energy shield is a great tool in pvp but i saw that if u dont pump telekenis its nearly useless. I want ure opinion about it if it is good to have a full power lightning sorc or if the energy shield moderate power sorc is better for pvp.

Thank you for your replies
    (ps sorry if my english may look bad :uhhuh:

2. olimikrig

olimikrig IncGamers Member

With a lightsorc I wouldn't pump telekinesis. You need to pump Lightning, it's synergies, and lighttning mastery to the max, which means that 40 points used on both telekinesis and energy shield, will be 40 points not used on maxing out lightning and its synergies, 100 skills poitns in total are used just on that.
    Instead I would consider putting the leftover points in Thunderstorm, since you have already maxed out lightning mastery.
    The only PvP sorc I would use a maxed Energy shield/telekinesis with, is a Frozen Orbtress..

3. yuqing

yuqing IncGamers Member

its generaly another question about defence or offence, its one difference, you can decide, with es, you can possibly survive one hit or 2, but be warned, if a good light/blizz or w/e hits u, ur gonna probably die anyways, or you can play the "glass cannon" meaning you die in one hit often and you probably do 40k plus dmg. I always play glass cannon, i feel the only time es is useful is on a orb sorcs.

4. MaxAttack

ok thank you for ure replies, I have one last question: what is better between block and vita for the lightning sorc?

5. yuqing

yuqing IncGamers Member

i never use max block for a sorcs, i feel that its quite useless, the only attacks that you're able to block is phisical or arrows, and the only melee that should be hitting you is charge and ww, i feel block is useless since ww will rip through it and kill you also i feel giving up 1k 2k life is too much of a lose for just charge and arrows.

6. olimikrig

As yuqing says, Max block is almost always rather useless, especially considering the fact that most melee chars stack psn dmg, open wounds, deadly strike, etc. and will most likely kill you just as quickly anyways. You're better of pumping life and mana so you'll survive longer, and won't get the ever annoying "not enough mana" msg.
    anyways you'll be better of using something like spirit shield with a lightning sorc, meaning that it's rather pointless even trying to get max block.

7. MaxAttack

ok thank you for your great advices now I feel to know where I go with this sorc

8. High Lord Bunbun

High Lord Bunbun IncGamers Member

I just want to add a couple of points:

Like they said, max block is useless, epecially since you want something with + skills on it anyway, either lidless or spirit. You need at least 117 FCR, if I recall correctly. Also, when doing synergies, you will most likely not be able to max one synergy unless you hit the high 90's. I would not max charged bolt. When I was pvping with my light sorc (this was last ladder season, but not much has changed), charged bolt was the only skill I never used because it either doesn't hit (too slow) makes me too vulnerable (when trying to cb right next to them) or they absorbed enough to heal. Nova is very useful against the FB sorcs that stand and spam. Just tele behind them and cast nova a lot. They can't dodge it and it will probably stun them. This was easily the most fun sorc for pvping, in my opinion. Many people think light sorcs are weak, so their reactions when they get killed repeatedly is much fun. :clap:

9. yuqing

yuqing IncGamers Member

i disagree, many people die to charge bolt if you know how to use it correctly, ask anyone, i feel that chain lightning is the last skill you should max, ill feel only one type of character should require chain and thats a summon necro, even so, a lvl 5 10 15 chain is MORE then enough to finish them.

10. MyUserName

MyUserName IncGamers Member

Vita is my choice for casters

11. olimikrig

No, it's 105 to hit the second last breakpoints on 8 frames... Next is 200 fcr, os dont even bother getting more than 105 (Though it's do-able).

12. Neuroff

Neuroff IncGamers Member

No, second last LIGHTNING breakpoint is 117.

13. olimikrig

Sry, my bad... :/ You're absolutely correct, 105% is regulary breakpoint, 117% lightning.