Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

need suggestions for a lvl 9 dueler

Discussion in 'PvP' started by NEURO_CKY, Apr 12, 2005.

1. NEURO_CKY

NEURO_CKY IncGamers Member

need suggestions for a lvl 9 dueler

after aquiring alot of 9 max jewels and a few other things, ive decided to make a lvl 9 dueler. i was just wondering what are some common or popular builds that are used when staying at lvl 9. i was thinking maybe sacadin or ts assassin. are there any others that would be effective. also i know im prolly gonna use maxed armor and helm. but i was kinda wondering what people use for jewelry since angelics are lvl 12 req. i was thinking maybe dual nagels for the ar. as for ammy....i dunno.
    this lil project will be on west hc ladder. any inputs or suggestions would be greatly appreciated, thx!!

CampKillYourself

2. CookiesnCream

CookiesnCream IncGamers Member

Well there was a thread a little while ago about someone asking advice for a lvl 9 ts sin:
    http://www.rpgforums.net/showthread.php?t=334581

Assasins are the most popular and effective for lvl 9 if you ask me, but sacadins are effective too. You can also make a lvl 9 necro dueler by putting one point into amplify damage and putting the rest of your points into bone armor. Just get an act2 merc with an ethereal 6 socketed pike with max damage jewels in it and you can supposedly dish out a lot of damage. Just amp the person and have your merc kill. However, I haven't seen any of these since 1.09, mercs tend to die easy. You can also make a a lvl 9 smiter, not gonna get many kills though because of the chickeners.

3. NEURO_CKY

NEURO_CKY IncGamers Member

thx cookies. i knew i could count on a fellow hc player to give me some attention;)

i figured ts assassin would be the most effective, but i found a nice very low lvl pally shield (60 ed/ar, will get 4 socks) so i think i might try a sacadin...iether that or a smiter...not exactly sure yet. anyway, thx for the linkage cookies!!

CampKillYourself

4. Relativity

Relativity IncGamers Member

Smiter won't do anything at that level other than tickle opponents.

TS sin for most max damage (and speed).
    Sac pally for most cosistant damage output (ie: no need to charge up).
    Godly Jabazon with 14 max everything jewels and eth amp replenish ias mass ed spear for most insane costing build ever.
    Bash barb can be fun but lacks damage.
    Druids tend to be behind all other classes in meelee until fury (imo).

5. solartje

solartje IncGamers Member

a char is as strong as u make it.

having a nice number in your dmg screen, doesnt means u win.

just to let u know liga positions

#1 ama
    #2 baba (bash, so not to week)
    #3 smiter (they do alot more then tickle...)
    #4 sacradin

last year even a sorc and assa was in top3. u cant say one char is tronger then the other.

if u really want a starter char? make a pure physycal hammer assasin; no other skills needs, no life needed, no gear needed (maybe some fcr), name lock, put a rock in your mouse and go smoke a cigaret and come back. lame boring, cheap, kinda like the smiterdin.

u can make any char the strongest, people easily say ts are the best or sacradins... but who of those who say that have ever made more then 1 lvl9?

druids can have 2k+ life, so even if dmg is lower, that dont makes them behind any other. ull need ALOT of hits to shop down 2k life, and ull probalby die before u did.

amazons are faster then assasins. 7fps vs 5.5 fps.

sacradins most consistent dmg... my necro does 1k min!! dmg lvl9. beats any ssacradin using 14max godly jewels.

etc etc

neuro: point is, there is no real char stronger then any other. just play the char u like to play most, 90% of lvl9's use the same gear, so u can mule it eaily to another char. just play the char u like most. take it from someone with 10 +lvl9's

6. Matt

Matt IncGamers Site Pal

Uhhhh, nope.

How exactly are you getting 2k life on a level 9 druid? (Of course, this is without high level BO or Oak) Care to explain that?

Also... 1k minimum on a necro? Thats gotta be either a poison dagger-mancer, which is completly negated by deaths combo, or an amp+max'd out necro. The amp+max'd out necro is a pretty cool build, I've never made a level 9, but I have made a 12 and a 16... the problem with them is twofold, first off, AR tends to be seriously lacking, 2nd off, they attack slower than death. For my money, I'll take a sacadin or TS assassin doing a bit less damage all together, but at a hugely increased rate of speed....

As for comparing character classes... while you cant say one is "best", you can say some suck, or some are better than others. Your psychic hammer assassin... wont do much in the way of killing, and short of chugging 38586 mana potions, wont be casting psychic hammer for more than 60 seconds either way.

A sorceress in the top 3 level 9 duelers? Ironman, they can be somewhat effective, since nobody has CBF, but in a real level 9 duel... I fail to see how a sorceress could win, she'll die in a couple hits at most from any melee character, are we talking like chug mana endlessly while spamming something from the edge of the screen? Because I'm not sure thats a real dueling strategy...
    for all the rules and regulations some people play by, there are some pretty gaping holes for builds like that to be succesful, let alone "top 3" (since you seem to have some sort of ladder/ranking system of who is better than who, I'm assuming you also follow some sort of dueling rules, as many softcore players do, no offense meant to any softcore players, but that really is how it seems to be for the most part)

As for smiters and whatnot.. yeah, they work if youre playing the "stand outside and swing at eachother, no potions and let yourself die" game, but thats not how it works, on hardcore, which the thread creator plays, smiters simply do NOT work, period. They just dont. Nobody in the history of hardcore dueling has ever died to a level 9 smiter. Ever, and they never will ;)

Same goes for 99% of jabbers, all sorcs, pretty much every non sacadin/TS sin/high dmg, melee build.

Sure, many will win some duels, but they will never, ever get an ear.

So you can make all the level 9's you want, but when you begin suggesting a psychic hammer assassin as a good level 9 build, and that level 9 druids can get 2k life, I think you might conscider making some more level 9's :rolleyes:

-Matt

7. Jerkazoid

Jerkazoid IncGamers Member

sc is very different from hc.....

sc:
    i have a gnasher/pelta amp claw/pelta 400 life vlld 9 kicker and i beat ts sins sometimes. this simply would not do in HC

i have been ownd hard by 42% dodgeing, 900ar -230def 500life 400 dmg vlld 9 jabbers.

i have a 1045 life 1595 def 18 smiter that can hold its own on GOOD 18 zealots

i have two joke psychics (15 and 26) wich can lock lvl 99's (but never really win a duel bc of hammers dmg).

and i have heard about vlld 9 necros with +8min dmg (scarlet of joyfullness jewels) lvl 11 sacrifice charged scpeters with amp + mega bone armor + clay golem, being nearly unbeatable (as metiou has shown on east)

i dont think i should have to stand up for sol, but i will bc sc/hc is the communitcation problem. and thats all ill say.

hc vs sc dueling,, very different.

-zoid

8. Jerkazoid

Jerkazoid IncGamers Member

um.. ment 34%...

9. CookiesnCream

CookiesnCream IncGamers Member

Jabbers can be effective at lvl 9 if you find a really nice rare javelin. But those are hard to come by, so I don't recommend that build.

So after you namelock them, when they're low on life, they'll just conveniently leave the game due to a well known hack. :) And if you duel pubs, you will get ganged up on. Duelers in HC will do whatever it takes to get the kill. So while you have someone in a lock with phsyic hammer, someone else will just run out of town and start attacking you. But as Jerkazoid said, HC and SC is different.

Although you may never kill someone, smiters are fun, especially since the gear used is relatively cheap.