Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Need some sorc advice

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Mordalles, Feb 11, 2004.

1. Mordalles

Mordalles IncGamers Member

Need some sorc advice

I have this lev 62 Hardcore Sorc. She has frozen orb and hydra maxed out. Cold and Fire mastery are both at level 4. Energy shield is at level 1.

Now my question is: Should I max telekinesis (energy shield's synergy) 1st, or should i continue putting points into the masteries?

I just don't know which way to go. If I max out telekinesis, i should do that at about lev 77, leaving me the rest of the points to max out masteries, but won't that be too late?

Could those sorc experts please help me.

2. farting bob

farting bob Banned

id max out the masteries first, try to split them evenly or put 2 out fo 3 points itno the mastery you sue most eg: orb is most common general killing so put 2 in that, then 1 in fire.
    why do you want to max out telekinesis? its very pointless and is often onyl used as a 1 point wonder and prereq to teleport. energy shield is also not a comon choice, especially as orb and hydra will be mana intensive epesically in hell when 1 or 2 will not be eough to kill. so if you get hit alot, you will find alot of mana goes quick.
    but its your choice, its nice to see a non-cookiecutter build.

3. Joutaja

Joutaja IncGamers Member

I'm not sure if Telekinesis really helps that much. I would raise CM to ~10 and rest in FM. You'll need good dmg for Hydras.

4. Mordalles

I wanna put points into telekinesis to improve energy shield, cause i'dd rather lose mana than health in hardcore.

5. Joutaja

Joutaja IncGamers Member

I'm not sure what Telekinesis does to ES, but I've matted a FO/Hydra sorc. She has 1 point in ES (+skills) and it's not a problem. Of course you're playing HC but she died only once in Hell and once in NM.

6. Nightfish

Nightfish IncGamers Member

I don't think mana shield is actually worth it. You will kill very slow if you spend 20 or more points on MS. Even in HC there are other (and better) ways to survive. Try wearing a shaftstop. That's what my sorc did and she did great. Wasn't even using a shield. (neither for blocking, nor for resis) She died to the FE bug but what can you do about that? :)

7. Zarhrezz

Zarhrezz IncGamers Member

If you don't think ES is any good, check out my update on Mephista ;) Of course she's not what you'd call a normal build by a long shot, but hey, she's working out pretty well.

8. Nightfish

Nightfish IncGamers Member

I don't really see how anyone beating the game while using ES would change my opinion. I never said it was impossible to do so. What I do believe is that you can spend your points better elsewhere, having a sorc that does more damage and that still survives just fine.

9. Tha[M]noS

Tha[M]noS IncGamers Member

ok here's the deal:I have been practicing with this built of yours and i can tell you this:Keep the Ballance..
    If you max out tele you will acheive a minor increase of ES percentage and also a tele skill costing you 1-2 mana ..very small.Now what i am talking about is this: if you decide to build it with full tele make sure that you get your hands on items that will grand you extra fast mana regen such as:lenymo, civerbs icon,manalds and magefists..the built i would choose(and have allready chosen) is a soj(if you ever be lycky assed enough to get one in single player) a manald,lenymo and Frosburns.These should get you pretty far and grand your soc respect:worship: and longevity.

Now if you decide that you are not a type to resist attacks rather than attack first :evil: then put: around 12-15 CM and 7-8 FM
    Do not forget to enhance your tele skill, and here is the gear:magefists,manalds and a woe.
    Provided that you have all these items of course..if not then don't look at this post at all.:p

Apla
    Mystika
    Teleia

10. Zarhrezz

Zarhrezz IncGamers Member

Max mana generally has much more impact on mana regen rate than faster mana regen items if you have a decent amount of mana. Some faster regen rate equipment is nice, but if you can choose between faster regen and more (max) mana, go for the later.

11. jiansonz

jiansonz IncGamers Member

I would work on the masteries (fire a bit more than cold) and not bother with Telekinesis.

12. fishman

fishman IncGamers Member

I'll have to go along with avoiding Telekenesis. I played around with it for awhile, but those skill points can get you more mileage out of masteries.

13. Mordalles

thx for advice. i think i'll go for maxing out fire mastery and getting cold mastery to 10-15. i'm not gonna use energy shield and telekinesis.

my sorc just killed baal in nightmare, and she's lev 68.

i've decided to keep mana to a minimal, and currently my energy is at a 100.
    thus, i can concentrate on health.
    health: +-550 at lev 68. (saved me a few times in nm)
    str: 125. (not gonna put any more points in this.)
    ene: 100. (mana around 329, which is more than enough, i feel.)
    dex: no points added.

14. Shade

Shade IncGamers Member

High-level TK (and optionally ES) and heavy investment in Energy can make a Sorc quite resilient. However those 20 skill points would usually be better invested in an offensive skill, otherwise you'll still die because you won't be able to kill anything!

It's quite a tricky thing to decide, but I'd suggest only maxing TK (and ES) if you're going to build for it specifically.