Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Need some quick help on hr's

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Batosai, Jun 9, 2005.

1. Batosai

Batosai IncGamers Member

Need some quick help on hr's

Is there any way to know, before I trade, if hr's or anything else for that matter are duped and gonna dissappear on me?

Any advice and ways I can avoid this would be appreciated.

2. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

There is no way to find out if an item is duped, except by losing it, but I guess that's what you want to avoid.

Some people believe that you can prevent stuff from getting deleted by opening a trade window and leaving the game immediately after closing it. I doubt that this will help.

It's also said that runes are safe from deletion if they got upgraded or used to socket something, but I heard stories about people losing them anyway. Perhaps the chances to lose it are lower, as some dupe detection methods might not be able to detect the dupes.

When looking at all the HRs being traded here, I doubt that all dupes can be detected or, if Blizzard can really detect any dupe, that they will actually delete all of them. Perhaps they are satisfied with creating an atmosphere of uncertaincy by deleting just some of the dupes.

3. FreezerBurn

FreezerBurn Banned

there's no sure way to know. but considering 99.9999% of all runes above gul are duped, you can be reasonably sure it's a dupe.

also, you hear a lot of first-hand accounts of hrs poofing on here. but you should be safe if you trade and make a runeword right away. i've never heard a first-hand account of runeword poofage. closest i've heard is a friend said, or i once saw a picture. so it might be possible for a rune to poof once it's in a runeword, but pretty unlikely.

4. Leohappy

Leohappy IncGamers Member

I agree with that totally. One of the safest ways to make sure rune stays on you when you leave the game.

5. FrozenSolid

FrozenSolid IncGamers Member

Ive never lost a runeword so I think its safest to not keep any loose hrs if youre worried about them poofing.

6. xOSERx

xOSERx IncGamers Member

It's also a good idea, if you have someone you can trust, to store your HRs on a mule that you never use for trading. Then, when you want to trade an hr or two, you ask your friend to help you mule the ones you want to trade to a trading mule.

I'm pretty sure that most of the "dupe detection" has to do with bnet seeing two of the same item id in the same game. In the past, i've done this with all of my HRs, and I've never had one poof.

7. itsPizzarific

itsPizzarific Banned

yep unless you happen to have to identical runes. o.o thats how charms poof.. i 313 pdscs are so heavily duped on east that you cant hold more than 20 or something i think, or else the rest will poof. o.0

8. smiloo

smiloo IncGamers Member

I found my first high rune last night. A Vex in hell cows from a chest. 99.9999999% of all runes above Gul are duped?

So does that mean 99.99999999% of all people know how to dupe or all traders of high runes are dupers?

9. Cooked

Cooked IncGamers Member

On Ladder there are a lot of "legit" Vex runes. Guls can drop from hell forge and who needs more than one or two Guls All the rest of the Guls are cubed to Vex. I cubed four or five Vex rune this Ladder season.

As to cubing to avoid "rust storm" What happens if you cube a self made Vex with a duped one? Hmmm? What kind of Ohm do you have, Duped or "Legit" (note the word LEGIT is in quotes)