Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Need some magicfinding tips if you will!

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by candystar, Jun 23, 2008.

1. candystar

candystar IncGamers Member

Need some magicfinding tips if you will!

Hi,

So first of all I'm wondering if maxing or even upping the normal one point in teleport will make it more efficient, like will it make it faster? I know it reduces the mana cost but is that all the benefit? If it is does, does reducing it actually help? My sorc is going to be mf-only so I'll probably have some skill points to play around.

Oh, and I'm also tire of the traditional meteor, orb, lightning or blizz sorc so I'm wondering if I main some other skill like the lightning bolt skill will it be just as efficient if I dedicate my skills to it? Thanks in advance!

2. sirpoopsalot

sirpoopsalot IncGamers Member

Re: Need some magicfinding tips if you will!

Extra points in teleport only lower the mana cost. If you have skillpoints to spare and mana problems (can't get Insight, for example), it can be worth it, but usually there are plenty of alternatives to mana problems than reducing your teleport cost.

As for the other sorc skills, with good equipment and planning, just about any skill is viable. Thunderstorm and Inferno are about the only two that aren't worth focusing on, I believe.

For example, I once built a FrostNova/Firewall sorc (which isn't a combination you'll see every day). Surprisingly, she grew into quite a powerhouse when she had good equipment.

3. zzzackkk

zzzackkk IncGamers Member

Re: Need some magicfinding tips if you will!

I followed the hardcore/orb/tk/etc. build which added points into teleport and haven't regretted it yet. I love orb and it's a very efficient skill when Infinities aren't involved. This is my first character on the new ladder so it's a bit difficult to get the items I would like. Because of orb's low skill investment requirements I can efficiently add points into teleport and start mf'ing sooner. You can't completely rely on insight because your teleport speed is faster than the rate at which it regens mana. I also don't want to completely rely on my merc.

Depending on what kind of sorc you make dictates whether or not you should or even can invest points into teleport.