Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Need Some help with my fury/rabies druid..

Discussion in 'Druid' started by Av3nger, Mar 21, 2005.

1. Av3nger

Av3nger IncGamers Member

Need Some help with my fury/rabies druid..

I got some problems with what gear i should use..
    My 2hand fury weapon is eth reaver 3sox 268% ed zod shael shael
    but i am still wondering what the best 1hand weapon for fury is...
    I dont have access to those mega uber rare thingies but i can use any runeword and any unique/set..
    So, the main issue is wether i should go for Grief Phase or griz caddy 3*ed/ias LO...
    The grief would have such nice dmg but only reach 5 fpa.
    The caddy on the other hand would have less dmg but so nice speed..
    I think im gonna use forti for plain fury and bramble when i just use rabies..
    I've noticed that going with both is not such a great choice since it weaken both attacks.

So this is what im suggesting melee wise using fury:
    griz caddy/grief pb
    Forti
    Jalals (is it worth socketing with a jewel 40/10 min?)
    Gore
    verdungo
    raven
    Carrion
    Draculs 10/15 (or should i go for steelrend?)
    Highlords
    storm (shael)
    10*shapeshifters, 9 with 35+ life and 1 with 12 fhr
    9 sc's ar/life and 1 anni
    is this a good setup melee fury wise? or can it be improved somehow?

Now when i play pure rabies:
    Jalals
    Bramble 47+
    trang gloves
    Mavina belt (20 frw) or t god's vs trap/light sorc and verdungo vs melee
    cat's eye
    raven
    carrion
    Aldur boots
    now to the weapon, was thinking something with very nice ias and fool's mod on something rare... like rare pb 2sox 40 ias and fool's mod or the reaver for it's nice range vs casters?
    or is plague bearer better? in that case, should i upp it and shael it or what?
    6*5/5 psn facet pb and 4*5/5 psn facet monarch on switch

And what would be the best setup when using both fury and rabies?
    Please, some help would be appreciated... electricblue's guide is a little old and doesn't explain the advantages of the new rw's and it's a little short about fury/rabies IMO...

2. teknix

teknix IncGamers Member

If you're not using the carrion glitch, dump the ring, and get something else.
    I say it's better to have a 4framer than a 5framer. My main is a 6socket pb
    with 4shael and 2 poison facets, my shield is a 4socket poison facet. For my
    switch it's a 6socket pb with 4 shaels and 2 rare jewls that give AR and an SS. I only need to let my fury hit once to kill them once their life is at 1.

3. Av3nger

Av3nger IncGamers Member

ehm... when their life is at 1... rabies kills ffs.
    you dont seem to know much about rabies druids, and why do you think i use the carrion for, i can say that it's not for the ll -.-
    4 shael 2 psn facet, omg...

4. lucrativelyrics

lucrativelyrics IncGamers Member

first off avenger , whether or not he didnt know about druids if you have nothing nice to say dont say nothing at all.

now to me it looks like your fighting with 2 builds. why make a hybrid when you are gonna set up for fury , then go switch all your items when you want to use rabies.

the point of a hybrid is balance and that balance should be used together , not insert part 1 here , go change items , after a guy has healed , insert part 2 .

regardless your melee set up looks just fine . but i wouldnt use carrion since like i said it looks like your fighting with to fury or to rabies.

grief will give you the following 9/5 fury and 7 frame rabies ,

caddy , 7/4 fury , and a 5 frame rabies.but much less dmg.

speed can definately make up for less dmg .

as for your poison side, you could use a phase to give you a 4 frame rabies, then have poison +/- on switch ( after you infect you can switch to add dmg ). shaeld plague bearer works too but speed is much less so you have to be careful with your strats.

finally id like to help you more but you need to decide whether or not you will make a hybrid or 2 different builds.
    making a rabies/fury with 2 different outlooks in my mind only makes you weaker( i know you said this already ) and you may think your becoming more well rounded but you just make your druid more specialiazed .

if you want specialized make 2 builds , if you want hybrid make both .

if you go with the hybrid this is what you do.

weap = grief or caddy will work .
    armor - fort
    belt- dungoes,
    ring/ring/ammy- raven/carrion/highlords,
    boots -gores
    gloves- dracs or trangs.
    -shaeld ss
    helm - 40/10 will be a great choice can do wonders for fury.

now with this setup you can put poison on switch . deathweb or 6 poisonfaceted phase, with 4 poisonfaceted shield , .

you attack with caddy/ss weaps infect your opponent with rabies., switch to poison gear ( back up abit this will leave you open ) , once poison gear shows , switch back then attack with caddy set up again and fury to death .by then your rabies should have taken him down if not killed him.

for casters/smiters use that beautiful tomb reaver , trang gloves and bramble if you want :) .

hope this helps

but like i said make sure what your build is .either he is fury , or rabies or both

5. teknix

teknix IncGamers Member

I can tell you this, having hybrid won't help you if you can't hold your own
    against zealots and ww barbs and i guarantee you won't be able to. Plus, you lack fhr.... you should have enough to get out of stun lock from a trapper.

6. lucrativelyrics

ill duel any zealot you have

7. Av3nger

Av3nger IncGamers Member

Zealots are overrated IMHO, It's just the really really great ones with max/life charms that is any good. And since i duel public mostly i never meat any of those.
    And btw Lucrativelyrics, thanks. That helped quite a bit.
    My point was that i was going to use all three builds, if i meat someone that the poison dont effect, ill just use fury and specialize in that for the moment.
    And yes, i lack in fhr... got 30 from jalals, 10 from dungo and 12 from a charm.. still miss 34..
    Guess 1 more fhr skiller but then what?
    Maybe should forget about the jewel and socket my jalals with shael instead.
    Ill have to think about that, i have already noticed that trappers is a pain in the.... :D
    But i didn't got a definite answer on wich weapon is best assuming i the splitted gear you suggested.
    3*ed/ias+Lo perf gris scepter or 39x Grief PB? (the ias doesn't matter, right?)

8. lucrativelyrics

as for guys who are immune to poison ( massive poison res), i had a friend with 85 poison res and 50 stacked poison res and with 22 k ( good dmg for hybrid imo) still took about half his life( full duration).

i would definately shael the helm , the jewel will help but not as much as the shael , you must hit 86 % imo.

and best overall fury/rabies weap IN my opinion is 400 dmg grief phase, 9/5 fury with 7 frame rabies and crazy dmg with venom and -25 % poison ( this actually helps alot since most dont have maxed poison res and if they do this takes it away )

and no ias dont matter

even know i use grief i keep a botd zerker for barbs ( most concs use grief now and if they do the range on botd helps , if they use botd then our ranged is equal and lets be honest we do more dmg :) heh .

i understand you want to use all 3 builds but your best bet is to be a hybrid through and through :)

good luck !

9. Tor

Tor IncGamers Member

i suggest having a fury weapon and a rabies switch

EX:
    caddy+ ss

switch faucet dweb+ faucet shield

so you can either tank or hit and run

bite with your caddy then switch to dweb/shield for crazy rabies damage