Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Need some help with my characters

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 General Discussion' started by Lizardking, Jun 27, 2015.

1. Lizardking

Lizardking IncGamers Member

Jesus this is a long time ago... alright i recently started playing D3 and i'm having alot of fun. Theres only one problem. I have the feeling that i kinda hit my max for a long period of time on my Monk. My Monk can do GR level ~24, dealing damage around 3-5 million and i'm stuck on that number for a long long time. Survivability is fine, so is my vit and stuff but my damage is a bit stuck. I'm running with a lot of Inna gear and with my ring i have the all mantra bonus. Do you guys have any tips for builds or things to look out for to increase my damage? I see people doing 10-15 damage easily on monks... I have a sunwuko set item in my stash, but after hundreds of rifts, bounties and GR i still havent found any other item of the set..

An old D2 veteran needing some help!

2. Flux

Flux Administrator

Link to your profile would be helpful.

Often it's more about gear than build, going up to GR40ish. (Above that you really need both optimized.) New players often have good items from useful sets, but don't optimize every item. You need to not have wasted affixes buffing Life per Hit on your bracers, resistance on jewelry, making sure you've got Crit chance and damage everywhere possible, good ancient weapon, that sort of thing. The difference between just the right items, and the right items with the right stats is often enormous.

For instance, I recently died in HC and lost my DH. I had spare items for literally everything I lost, but with all lower quality rolls, not-ancient, etc. And I went from being able to easily speed clear GR42 to being able to speed clear GR35, though it felt more dangerous than GR42 had. And those are with items with good rolls, just not the ideal ones I had on the stuff I died with.