Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Need some help with my ama

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by DLoveSwe, Apr 15, 2008.

1. DLoveSwe

DLoveSwe IncGamers Member

Need some help with my ama

Hey everyone!

Since im getting bored with my usual mf/keyrunning/etc chars i have decided to make a new char and i been wanting to make a bowazon for a while so thats what im planning to do but before i start i want to ask some questions to avoid screwing up:tongue:

Biggest question i have is what a good way to handle bosses? (more specifically dia in 5-8 players chaos runs).

The two reasonable solutions is jab+cb(i dont really now how to incorporate the cb in a good way though) or putting points in cs+synergies(worried that it will take to much skill points and leave me with low ar, dam and crit and such)

Im planning to use enigma over fort for the mf and frw/teleport during keyruns, will it be a to big of a sacrifice?

My plan is to use wf+faith merc so using a a2 merc loaded with cb is kinda out of the question.

2. NASE

NASE IncGamers Member

Re: Need some help with my ama

pure bowazon will have problems with bosses. Going mele is dangerous as you will have low life and crushing blow is nerved from range and you don't really have a good skill to deliver it. Bowazon aren't made for it, sadly.

A popular solution is going hybrid. You can go lightning/physical hybrid or something else.
    Check out these, I think you will find them interesting.
    http://forums.diabloii.net/showthread.php?t=643918
    http://forums.diabloii.net/showthread.php?t=650637

3. DH Amazon

DH Amazon IncGamers Member

Wf+faith+nigma combo here too. Works great.

I kill full game dia/baal with fleshripper dagger. Easy and fast. Spirit as shield, needed for tele anyway. And bowama has maxblock even spirit shield (only about 320 dex needed).
    Against Dia you need some resist, around -10 fire and about 40 lightning and you are ready to kill it safely.

Takes only 1x3 space in stash. No skill points needed to make it viable. Has slow/crush so no other crushblow source needed. Amas are fastest dagger users, 7fpa. You kill dia faster with it than with WF. You have high penetrate, so basic attack has about 10k ar, so chance to hit is very high. Keeps merc safe, as she attack from other side. No mana/life bottles needed.

Run only des keys with ama, those are much faster to run than others.

4. DLoveSwe

DLoveSwe IncGamers Member

i like the sound of this alot, you need to shael it or anything for 7fpa?

5. DH Amazon

DH Amazon IncGamers Member

You have fana running from merc, so only extra 15ias needed for 7fpa. But I think you have 20 ias gloves or somewhere else that 15ias or more. So no socket at all, or some jewel/eth etc..

edit: Its 70 ias (7fpa) without fana, but you can easily keep faith merc alive against dia. Dia attacks your char, so merc is safe in other side. Valkyrie and Decoy, both useless there, no point to recast them.

Works against Duri/Meph too if you are rushing others.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2008