Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Need some help with getting one of the .txt files work

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by LughSamildanach, May 4, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LughSamildanach

    LughSamildanach Diabloii.Net Member

    Joined:
    May 4, 2019
    Messages:
    3
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    1
    So over the past week or so, I've been fiddling with the .txt files and a couple .tbl files, so far I have had no issues doing whatever I want. However, for some reason the runes.txt file not only doesn't work, but it also completely stops all runewords from working all together. It's very odd because I tested slight runeword changes a few days ago which worked fine, but now it seems the entire thing is broken.

    Would really appreciate any help you can offer. I've tried many things, such as placing the data/global/excel structure into the new diablo save location that 1.14 onward has, changing the spelling from caps to not, re-creating the shortcut with the -direct -txt commands, deleting the .bin files and letting them be re-created with the edited .txt, re-directing my registry to save in the diablo 2 folder ala the old style, re-doing all of my changes to runes.txt on an unmodded copy.

    It perplexes me because every other change to .txt files I've made works and still works while this is broken. I've attached my edited runes.txt if you would care to take a look. Thanks for anything you can do. My game version is 1.14b
     

    Attached Files:

    Last edited: May 4, 2019
  2. sir_cyclops

    sir_cyclops Diabloii.Net Member

    Joined:
    Jan 4, 2019
    Messages:
    437
    Likes Received:
    672
    Trophy Points:
    151
    I think modifying those files is likely against the rules here so you may not get much feedback. @maxicek can clarify for sure. The phrozen keep or blizz hackers discord channels may be able to help.
     
  3. LughSamildanach

    LughSamildanach Diabloii.Net Member

    Joined:
    May 4, 2019
    Messages:
    3
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    1
    Thanks for the reply, but I've seen more than a few posts here about functionally identical topics when googling to try and solve my problem.
     
  4. LughSamildanach

    LughSamildanach Diabloii.Net Member

    Joined:
    May 4, 2019
    Messages:
    3
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    1
    Alrighty. Solved my own problem. Turns out Stamina potions are somehow the glue holding all runewords together, I had removed them from misc.txt, this somehow broke runewords. o_O
     
  5. maxicek

    maxicek Moderator Single Player

    Joined:
    Aug 5, 2005
    Messages:
    5,936
    Likes Received:
    1,604
    Trophy Points:
    535
    This is not permitted to be discussed here. Please read the rules.
     
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Share This Page