Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Need some help with a pvp polearm barb

Discussion in 'Barbarian' started by Av3nger, Apr 6, 2005.

1. Av3nger

Av3nger IncGamers Member

Need some help with a pvp polearm barb

Hi there.
    I've Always liked huge nice looking weapons on a barb and great poleaxe most so after seeing quite a nice polearm barb in a pvp game i decided to make one.

I got the polearm wich is a Botd greatpoleaxe 394/14
    this will be sort of a smiter killer and the gear i thought are something like this:
    Botd greatpoleaxe
    Forti
    Coa 'ber'ber'
    Highlords
    raven*2
    or Raven+Angelic's
    Cleglaws gloves for slow and kb, if the pala got a Ba grief he'll be a frame slower
    Gore's
    Verdungo

And now for charms, what's my best overall choice? (not max/life, cant afford it on ladder)
    Was thinking mastery/life skillers and sc's with ar/life +anni or would it be better to go with 11x ar/3x life gc's?

Any input or personal experience with this sort of char is appreciated!

2. rikstaker

rikstaker IncGamers Member

Range 5 2handers are an untested alternative to grief/beast or botd/beast against smiters.Glad to see finaly someone is going to try it out.

Use dualangelics,smiters have insane defense & you need all the ar you can get to have a chance of hitting them consistently.Range is your advantage here,so like you should do against all smiters,whirl away & if you pack enough ar you should land a hit before he manages to hit you,likewise high life is key to surviving his big blows.

Use ar/life scs.

Rik

3. Av3nger

Av3nger IncGamers Member

only ar/life sc's? geez, that'll take some time to collect heh...
    So basicly ar/life charms are better then masteryskillers with life? even overall or just against smiters?
    Also, using dual angelic make me lose cbf, should i use a cham in something or is that insignificant in a barb vs smiter duell?
    The only reason im doing this char is cause im so sick of cocky smiters that think they rule in melee duels.
    It's a little confusing that they actually do think they're good when they stand still and shift smite you, cant see the fun in that but maybe that's just me :rolleyes:
    Something needs to be done in the public duel games! :D

Also, is it a good thing to use cleglaws? i mean except that it's BM, a smiter using a grief Ba with low ias will get a 6 frame attack, right?
    The BM part of this build is of no importance, it's public so anything goes.
    I guess something really evil would be to have a gavel of pain on the switch and cast on the really lame ppl :lol:
    That'll finish them for sure.

4. rikstaker

rikstaker IncGamers Member

Defense does nothing for you vs smiters,so half the benefit of mastery gcs isnt realized & you need all the ebase ar u can get,your only source apart from charms is angelics,since this is a non-block base dex build.

If they complain about cleglaws use some nice crafted hit power gloves or stick to dracs.

Rik

5. morotsjos

morotsjos Banned

I'd use a combo of ar/life gcs and plain life scs in your case.
    Cbf is NOT important. The only difference is that you whirl slower -> stay in range longer -> both you and the smiter get more opportunities to hit. If you outrange him hopefully only you will do the hitting though =)
    Just make sure he doesn't predict your whirls and walk into them, that's a sure way to lose. Definately use clegs gloves. The 25% slow is GOOD vs smiters. Knockback is also VERY handy.
    Edit: forgot to say: you still hit at 4 fpa regardless of being frozen/slowed or not.

6. Av3nger

Av3nger IncGamers Member

Alright!
    Thanks for the answers, helped alot.

If i want to duel other chars like casters etc i could easily replace some of my gear, right?
    like Enigma instead of forti arreats instead of coa and ravens and highlords instead of angelics.