Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Need some help on contacting someone...

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by rev129, Jan 30, 2004.

1. rev129

rev129 IncGamers Member

Need some help on contacting someone...

Well, I made a paypal donation about 10 days ago and have no heard from anyone yet. Other PAL members here on the forum suggested I wait 7 or so days before contacting anyone. I tried to find that thread but it seems to have got the axe. Can anyone tell me who I might send a message to to inquire about this? Please don't flame me and tell me to look elsewhere. I'm at work and pretty much the only thing I can do is post and read messages. "WEBSENCE" blocks alot of the features from me on this site. Thank you.

2. Yaboosh

Yaboosh IncGamers Member

If you emailed Elly about your donation, it just takes more time. Give it a month. They are busy people.

3. mudvaynefan

mudvaynefan IncGamers Member

websense sucks, it blocks the computer at my school also, it screws up alot too, but the best advice i can give, is to just wait, the mods work very hard on this site, and have to manually make you a pal, and that will happend when they look at coming donations (or so ive heard) so just be patient young grasshopper, your PALness will arrive

edit: spelling erroer
    Edit2: i realize that me calling you a young grasshopper was pretty inappropriate, as likelyness im younger then you, but just go with the flow.

4. rev129

rev129 IncGamers Member

No, I havn't emailed anyone yet. I made the donation and havn't tried to contact anyone yet.

5. Yaboosh

Yaboosh IncGamers Member

When you make your donation, you send an email to [email protected] giving her your name, your screen name, how much you donated, how many months you want it to last, and then when she gets to it, she grants you pal status.

6. rev129

rev129 IncGamers Member

Thank you for the info.

7. Clacker

Clacker IncGamers Member

hea, i dont have paypal but i would like to donate some money, who do i contact? elly? gaile?

8. TheDarkSide

TheDarkSide Clan Officer - US East Hardcore

I was wondering about this too . The question Im curious about is this . I made a one month donation with the intentions of doing so on a monthly basis . But , by the time I get noticed will my pay-pal status be expired due to a new month ? I did see my account debited already and I did send Elly an email too . It's only been about a week since I donated so Im not in a big hurry . Hopefully she's processing all the new donations everyones been kindley offering up as the recent posts suggest and all us new pal-pallers will be updated soon .

9. rev129

rev129 IncGamers Member

Well, it's been almost 3 weeks and I have not yet heard anything. I sent Elly an email but no word yet.

10. Kitana

Kitana IncGamers Member

This will probably sound really mean... but so be it.

I have donated in the past, however I won't again. The reason being, how long it takes to get your account upgrated to the "pal" status.

I'm sorry, but if I'm giving my money, I would expect it to be processed in a timely fashion. I do understand that it would take some time to process... but longer than two weeks? No thanks. By that time, I forget or do not realize when my account has been actually upgraded, so I miss my 'cut-off' date. Since we do not get automated emails, PM's or anything else, the next time I see that my account isn't a Pal anymore, I have to wait at least another two weeks for the whole process again. I would think that if someone was giving me money to help me out on my site, that I would make them and their accounts one of my first priorities.

Just my opinion.

11. Dredd

Dredd D3 Off Topic Moderator

Aren't you kind of missing the point though? You're donating to help keep a site you enjoy going. It's supposed to be a good deed. So what if you don't have a yellow name tag and a sig? It might be purty but ... :scratch:

12. masterazn

masterazn Banned

For those of you who want to donate money but don't have bank accounts or don't want ot use paypal, you can actually send the money to other members who will do it for you. Try PMing Sergeant, he's a reliable man.

13. Kitana

Kitana IncGamers Member

That's true... it's a donation. I understand that. The only thing I'm complaining about, however, is that it takes so long to "hit" your account. And you do not get any notification of when it's going to expire. Sort of like a membership to a club. You get a membership card with an expiration date on it. Even if it's a not-for-profit organization, most times you still get one, or at least a receipt in a timely fashion. I don't really care about having my name in yellow or anything like that... just the untimely response is what turns me away.

14. Smeg Head

Smeg Head IncGamers Member

The "untimely response" could be the site shutting down because you and others like you didn't help support the site. My donation is going out tomorrow.

15. toader

toader Banned

Im in the same boat as you Rev...

I made my donation January 9th. I havent heard any word yet either. I have emailed them, no word from Elly, not even a quick "gimme a week or two" message.

I did get a PM response from Gaile though a couple weeks ago about the same issue. She said she would try to contact Elly for me, but, as you can see by looking to the left, nothing has happened yet.