Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Need some good general advise

Discussion in 'Barbarian' started by DeirDogg, Jul 1, 2010.

1. DeirDogg

DeirDogg IncGamers Member

Need some good general advise

Hey everyone. I'm just looking for some good general advise or direction on playing a barb on closed battle net.

I'm looking for the best PvM build. Basically killing speed for now and maybe I'll respec to MF later on once I'm finished hell.

Also, when someone refers to "buying" items do they mean literally buying with real money or gold in the game? Sorry for the noob questions, I've never been a battle net player but would like to try it out.

Thanks.

2. Doctor Clock

Doctor Clock IncGamers Member

Re: Need some good general advise

WW will probably be your best bet. IK pieces, Ribcracker (upgraded), and the Oath runeword all do decent damage and are relatively cheap to trade for.

Often, the terms buying and trading are used interchangeably. However, it is possible to buy Diablo 2 items for real money, and some people do that, although it is not condoned here.

3. nurman

nurman IncGamers Member

Berserk is better than WW. IMHO at least.

4. Elyxthaxzus

Elyxthaxzus IncGamers Member

You will find that all the general Barb buidls do just fine in the entire game. Concentrate barb, WW barb, Beserk...they all share similar skills but teh emphasis is the difference. Frenzy barb is somewhat separate from those, but still an excellent build all the same.

On Bnet trading is often done, and one of your best options to acquiring gear quickly. Pgems and runes are usually the currency of choice.farm them through normal and NM, and with just a few in the right places you'll gather items fairly quickly. I traded for almost all of my IK's set, and recently just killed hell baal with my IK barb. going that route stick with WW/Conc/beserk. mostly a matter of taste. WW spins and whirls, conc grunts, beserk grunts louder.

or go leap barb.