Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Need some direction!

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by Ondage, Jul 7, 2008.

1. Ondage

Ondage IncGamers Member

Need some direction!

Hey I have been playing Diablo 2 for about 3 weeks now and I have just hit a wall. For my first toon I created a Fire druid and by following a guide I got him up to level 71. I am now in Hell mode and pretty much can't kill crap. My fissure has become so weak and the fire immunes everywhere just shut me down.

What should I be doing at this point? Just restart and make a Blizz sorc to magic find or what? I just want to know if their is a way to salvage my fire druid into something useful or what do I do at this point? Also is their a way to pass items to my other characters because I have no friends to play so I can't use other people. Thanks in advance

2. Benalishhero

Benalishhero IncGamers Member

Re: Need some direction!

Did you make the PVP fire druid build? If you did that could be a problem.

Make a game. Sit in it for at least five minutes. After that you can mule your stuff by going in and out of the game. It's risky, but I've never had a problem. I always make sure the game is permed before I leave anything on the ground.

3. Ondage

Ondage IncGamers Member

Whats the difference between a PvM and PvP Druid?? I just got armageddon and all its synergies maxed to 20. Haven't left the elemental tree.

4. Benalishhero

Benalishhero IncGamers Member

PVPlayer for Dueling

PVMonster.

I would assume the PVP build wouldn't account for fire immunities.

Do you use a Merc?

5. Ondage

Ondage IncGamers Member

Lol I know what PvP and PvM are I just don't know how the build would change between the 2. And I use a act 2 nightmare frost aura merc but he dies so much because I have no good gear for him.

6. carnivore

carnivore IncGamers Member

PvP: its mostly single target; single elemental as high as possible damage; no immunities and lots of effects are weaker/different

PvM: its about crowd control or boss killing; monsters can be immune to one or two elements (which renders them totally useless in this case - fire immune is the most common), you will need at least two kinds of damage and/or a good merc to complement your skills.

7. Hrus

Hrus IncGamers Member

IIRC pure fire PvM druid is very alike PvP druid.
    I can tell you that you did nothing wrong, you only chose a build that is very hard to play in hell difficulty especially in act 4 and 5. I just made one recently and even with very good items (cca +15 to fire skills) he wasn't able to do it solo. (Well I know the game a little, so I would probably be able to finish the game, but it would be very boring and irritating and I like to play for fun). I just finished last two acts in multiplayer with my friend (he does most the killing), marked the build as done and moved on to another character...

The problem with druid fire skills - they all have cooldown, none of them hit directly (ok, firestorm...), they don't do enough damage, fire is probably most common immunity in hell...

I would suggest moving forward and start another build. After all it was fun in nightmare slaughtering everything with Fissure, wasn't it?