Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Need some clarification about dual claw wielding ...

Discussion in 'Assassin' started by Kaze, Mar 28, 2004.

1. Kaze

Kaze IncGamers Member

Need some clarification about dual claw wielding ...

"When using dual claws the effects of the first claw you equip will be carried, not the effects from both claws ... the game will default to the claw on the left side of the character screen if you unequip your first claw, then re-equip it"

I have readed this in the Kicking Basics + C/C Attack Speed Info stickied ...

I plan to use Nat's claw and bartucs, and i want nats to be my primary claw for the ITD mod ... but without the Bartuc i ont have enough dex to equip it unless i raise dex more (and i dont want to raise dex unless is very necessary ...) so if i equip first the barctuc in the right side of screen to have enough dex to equip the nats claw , my main claw will be bartuc right ?? and the ITD mod will not work with the bartuc in this case right? so if this is the case i should raise 20 more dex and equip the nats claw first in the left side of screen right ...

Thanx for ur attention :howdy:

2. LLD-Vampire

LLD-Vampire Banned

:) You get all the effcts on the claw regardless of the hand. But like if a claw has 10 str added and 10 fire damage(equiped on right side of screen) the kick wont get the fire damage but it's not gonna lower your str by 10.

k well I'm trying to say it will work se ya

3. Kaze

Kaze IncGamers Member

ah i forgot to say somethin ... it is for a phoenix sin assasin, so for the phoenix strike (1 claw attack) and normal attack finisher or dragon claw ... in this cases , the ITD mod would apply to any claw attack (dual claw or single) no matter the nat claw is the first or second equiped ?

Ah BTW , the ITD mod makes u hit always to any monster no natter how low is ur AR right? or player ... not taking into account blocking of course ...

4. Naliworld

Naliworld IncGamers Member

ITD removes the AR part of the chance to hit equation(so yes, AR can be as low as you want), but depending on your level in relation to the level of the monster(basically, you'll get a 90-95% chance to hit, as long as you aren't trying to attack monsters in Hell when you're level 50, for example).

ITD does not work on other players at all. You'll still need AR in PvP, regardless of whether you have the ITD mod or not.

5. Kaze

Kaze IncGamers Member

ook ... thanx for the precise explanation Nali ;) BTW more doubts come to my mind ... ITD works againts big bosses like Diablo Meph etc etc ..? i guess not ... an against pack minibosses? gues not again but hope so .. and lastly , against champions?

6. Eisirt

Eisirt IncGamers Member

Let's keep it brief....

Some.

As mentioned before, welcome to 1.10.

AR is important, and so is defense. ;-)

Edit: And if you're not really needing the extra mods on Bartuc's you could also equip Blackoak Shield (Unique Luna).... plenty of dex there.

7. patheticloser

patheticloser IncGamers Member

I am very confused. I am planning on making a dual claw fire/light trapper (only my second attempt at a sin, so let me know if this is a bad idea). I thought that 2 claws would get me some extra + skills. Will this not work?

thank you

8. Kaze

Kaze IncGamers Member

About ur build idea, i have always played martial artist , trappers dont appeal me ... so dont know that .. but about the dual claws for gettin the bonuses for ur traps, yes that will work for sure, what we are tallking here is in a close combat attackwhere u use hit with a claw attack, if the bonuses that affect directly close combat like lets say crushing blow , ignore target defense etc would affect the target if u have em in the second claw .. but generic bonuses that enhance ur assasin skills / or general not directly close combat related are always applied no matter in whic claw are em , as far as i know

9. Naliworld

Naliworld IncGamers Member

Sorry, missed out that part. ITD does not work on any type of boss(be it a Champion, Ghostly, etc., random boss, SuperUnique, and Act Bosses). ITD works fine on any type of normal monster(be it minion of a boss or otherwise).

10. BIGeyedBUG

BIGeyedBUG IncGamers Member

IMO a fire/lightning trapper is only a good idea if the the "fire" is a synergized Fire Blast. Due to a bug WoI only causes 1/3 of the damage it's supposed to, and WoF doesn't do enough damage even unbugged. While Fire Blast is harder to use, it can cause decent damage if synergized by the Lightning tree. This is great for trappers because it gives them great lightning traps as well.

Most of the mods that a trapper would be concerned with will be transferred by both claws. This includes +skills, +stats, resists, and so on.