Need some advice.

Vharis

Diabloii.Net Member
Need some advice.

Hello,

I'm going the route of the zealot/fanaticism, and I wanted to post my attributes to see if I'm putting them in right, and if it's too late to correct any mistakes I may have made. I wanted to play a class that could get through everything in the game, in single player with /players 8. I'm a purest, I don't buy anything from the vendors, I'd rather farm for the stuff.

Anyway, here are the attributes so far at level 15 (these are the unbuffed numbers, character naked):
str 41
dex 46
vit 53

The last one we don't care about. I'm using the reposted zealot guide also for reference. I'm going to use the act 1 merc probably through the entire game. I can change that as well.

I feel I'm still a nubbin with this game. I have no idea how or where the uber loot drops, I have no idea what ubertristram is, but I assume it's for much later in the game on hell or something. I've never beat the game either. So, basically I'm looking to play this class to be the first class I get to beat the game, and I'll be doing that on all difficulties. I just wanted to see if my attributes were ok, if I should stop at a certain point with them, or remake so that they're on par for the end game armor. I have no idea of stats for the end game armor, since I've never been there, so I'm kind of in the dark as far as that goes.

I don't want to be hand held through the game, I would just like to see if my stats are ok and on track. Also, I would like to know when to stop adding to str and dex, because I simply don't know when to. Thanks for any suggestions and what not.

ThomasJohnsen

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: Need some advice.

As a purist, you probably won't get near a torch or an annihilus anytime soon. Thus I advice you to save charms with res and/or str/dex for later in the game. If you find a nice piece of equipment that you don't have str/dex enough to use - just use charms until you're confident you'll keep using said item. Other than that it is really hard to say if your stat points are ok - it depends on what you come across. You should save maybe 20+ stat points to distribute at a convenient time, when that godly rare or unique drops.

But if you plan on soloing the game, there are certain areas, that are allmost impossible for any melee build with an act 1 merc. The Oblivion Knights in Chaos Sanctuary (act IV) - also found in act V in NM and Hell difficulty will cast Iron Maiden on you, and it will kill you instantly if you are zealing. In these area you should use some sort of ranged attack - either a bow or some javelins/throwing axes.
Also stygian dolls (in act III flayer dungeon and guest monsters in act V) will seriously hurt you when they are killed upclose. When they are close, a mercenary from act II will serve you better than a rogue merc.
An act II defensive mercenary hired in NM will have a freezing aura, that really can help a zealot out.

Besides that - check out the 1-pt smiter guide by kingdryland. It will tell you which items to look out for, and what breakpoints to aim for.

Best of luck on your endavours...

Vharis

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: Need some advice.

Thanks for the advice, that's probably all the advice I'll need. I did find a list of weapons and what not to use on the PI's from this forum, so that will help a lot. I'll check out the link you provided as well.

I do agree, looking at it now, that the act 1 merc will be dropped when I get to normal act 2. I'll just pick up a defensive merc there, then another defensive merc in nm, I think that will serve me better, as you've shown. As for the other stuff, I believe I'll have some skill points left over for some other stuff, so I'll seriously be getting something to deal with those Oblivion Knights, just in case I don't find anything superwonderful.

I also plan to do the Ladder when it gets reset, I'll probably play that in solo private games, and maybe look for other solo'ers from on here if I need help. Seems like this forum community is pretty cool and very helpful, so I plan to use the site for awhile.