Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Need some advice please :)

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by Trousers, Sep 4, 2006.

1. Trousers

Trousers IncGamers Member

Need some advice please :)

Hey there fellow Paladins!

Ok anyways, so I just started about a month back, i've had the game for a couple of years but never play bnet, not sure why to be honest but hey! ok well I started off by making a Meteorb sorceress thinking sorceress was the class for me but I grew tired and decided to start a Hammerdin, I immediately fell in love with this class. Ok so after getting my hammerdin to level 89 I decided to start up a new paladin. I'm wanting to follow the 1pt smiter guide and make the fanatic zealot so I can do ubers. There are a few things i'm unsure about and if you could please help me it would be much appreciated :smiley:

On my hammerdin I have: Arachnids mesh, Enigma, Shako, Waterwalks, Herald of Zakarum, Wizardspike ( :rolleyes: ), Carrion Wind and Nagel ring.

As you can see i'm not the richest guy but wondered what the best move for me would be in terms of equipment for my 1pt smiter. I have a few runes, gul, ist, pul and some lower runes.

Should I make a Hoto as I have the flail, Ko, Thul, Pul and can get a vex with my gul and ist or something like that. Or should I try and make myself grief? I'll haggle to get myself a Lo etc :grin:

Or should I use my Heaven's light socketed with two shaels and try for Fortitude or something? Is there any equipment that would be useful from my hammerdin?

Ok so as you can see i'm still a newbie but i'm learning and would love some advice.

2. Baki

Baki IncGamers Member

I would make a greif because you will get A LOT more dmg for zeal and smite. Also use the HoZ from your hammerdin and put in on your zealot. Try to get gores or toes for the CB and some dracs for the LifeTap. As for belt go with dungos. As for helm I would think either Guilimas Face , Shako, or gaze.

3. Yerba

Yerba IncGamers Member

I agree with Baki, a Grief Phaseblade sets off the Fanatic Zealot like no other single piece of gear can, I'd aim for it first and foremost.

I agree with his other gear selections also except for belt which I would use T-Gods for, since it's cheaper and more effective (DR is not necessary in PvM, but having 85%+ Lightning res and some absorb always help, think Uber Mephisto). For helm go with Guillame's Face, the cheapest and most ideal Ubering helm you could want, period; put an Um or 15 allres jewel in it for maximum sexiness.

For armor I wouldn't go Fortitude until you know how your resists will pan out, a cheap yet effective solution is the Smoke runeword (Nef + Lum) in a low strength elite armor.

For jewelry I would fill in at least one ring slot with a low Raven Frost for Cannot Be Frozen and then get allres rings and ammy's with mods (Metalgrid or Mara's Amulet later).

4. Trousers

Thankyou for the great advice guys! :smiley:

I have guil~ face and a raven frost, will definately aim for grief now.

What level do you think i'll be ready for ubers? I know it's probably hard to tell, about 80?

thanks again :cool:

5. Baki

Baki IncGamers Member

Well Once you max out the major skills (Zeal, Sac, HC, Fanat) and maybe a little into defiance. I would reccomend lvl 85-**. I could be wrong on this though.

6. Trousers

ok thanks again :azn:

He's level 80 now, managed to haggle a Grief pb :smiley:

Do I need to find a life tap wand for the switch? Also is Zaka a good choice for shield or should I find something else, like sanctuary perhaps :tongue:

7. Yerba

Yerba IncGamers Member

If your only source of Lifetap is Drac's (and you do need a renewable source of Lifetap if you want easy kills) then yes I would recommend a Lifetap wand for the initial cast; 5% can take an awfully long time sometimes.

HoZ is used by many Dragonslayers (Uber Trist runners) and I agree for a beginner build the stats can help quite a bit. Sanctuary is a bit more pro, as its massive resists (a good one hits 110+) can make up for almost any gear you'd want to use and the overall stats are much better than say a 3xPdiamond Gris shield as a resists shield; Slow Missle charges too, try it.

In the end I'd say use eExile, its expensive and you have to base the rest of your gear around resists but the ludicrous amount of defense and much much more reliable Lifetap (goodbye Lifetap wand) make it a superior choice in my mind.

8. Trousers

Thankyou very much for the help, I think i'll go for the wand to start off with and definately go exile later on, the uber runs may help fund that :wink3:

I'll try and get sanctuary but if HoZ is good enough for now I guess I should save runes to buy Exile later on :smiley:

Hopefully be doing my first trust run some time this week, wish me luck :wink3: