Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Need some advice for my avenger

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by MaxPowers, Mar 8, 2004.

1. MaxPowers

MaxPowers IncGamers Member

Need some advice for my avenger

i want to make a avenger without a shield. palys always have shields and i like doing things diffrent. i was thinking using the 4 piece ik set (2sheal maul, belt, boots, gluvs) highlords wrath, vamp gaze, shaftstop
    the 4 piece ik set would add alot of damage. should i use the 4 piece ik set or upgraded ribcracker and use the extra space opend up for better equipment (drak gluvs, nos coil belt, gorerider) either way i want to use a 2 handed weapon. this would also close the holy shield skill off and i would be able to add more in the resist auras. how do i ll with the avenger? i dont do much physical damage, so i will need lots of vitality right? and conviction will make it where i dont need much dex. how much dex would i need?

would 8mana leach from vamp gaze be enuff to leach in hell for my vengence?

2. lone_wolf

lone_wolf Diablo: IncGamers Member

go read cyrus guide it speaks about both 1 handed avengers and 2 handed avengers(a bit atleast)

as you wont use a sheild i think you might be able to leave dex at base

as a high level conviction makes it very easy to hit monsters.

myself i run around with a level 26 conviction with lowers mosters def with 93% and lower their res with 150% (note mosters cant go below -100% res)

as you go 2 handed i would pick draculas i use them on my 1 handed avenger and they are a life saver when you encounter large packs both for you and your merc.

dont know if 8% mana leech would be enough but then again i use a lightsabre and have 22% mana leech myself.

cant really compare that to your avenger.

hope you get your answer

3. MaxPowers

MaxPowers IncGamers Member

i didnt see anything about 2 handed weapons on his guide. what kind of boots should i use? would deadly strike and crushing blow be useful? so do you think i should use the 4 piece ik set or ribcracker

4. *Cyrus*

*Cyrus* IncGamers Member

Don't remember if I ever said anything about 2 hander Avenger's or not in my guide... but maybe it was in a related thread.

Two handers are very powerful. Capable of dealing literally twice as much damage as One Handers... however, they lose a lot without a shield on. Resists and the obvious 75% blocking mainly.

All in all it would probably be a lot of fun and challenging as well.

My suggestion is:

Ethereal BoTD Thunder Maul (I'm sick, I know)
    160 ED/ 60 IAS Armor
    120 ED/ 45 IAS Helmet

One other item with 10% IAS, so you hit the 11 FPA breakpoint.

Thunder Maul breakpoints with Vengeance

0 % 22 1.1
    4 % 21 1.1
    7 % 20 1.2
    13 % 19 1.3
    18 % 18 1.3
    24 % 17 1.4
    35 % 16 1.5
    46 % 15 1.6
    63 % 14 1.7
    83 % 13 1.9
    117 % 12 2
    168 % 11 2.2
    280 % 10 2.5

Attacking at 2.2 times a second with the unearthly damage offered by the Eth BoTD Thunder Maul (multiplied by 1000% ED from Vengeance, which is in turn multiplied by Conviction)= everything dies.

Just put tons in Vitality, use lots of leech (BoTD+Leech Items+huge damage= lots of life), and never forsake your defense and resists and you'll be just fine. What you lose in blocking without a shield, you gain in absolutely absurd damage with BoTD 2 handers.

The best defense is having every enemy lying at your feet dead, after you pummeled them with a freaking BoTD Thunder Maul...

5. Mack

Mack IncGamers Member

if you can't afford the ETH BOTD Thunder Maul, there's other useful options like HellSlayer, Messerschmidt's Reaver, Executioner's Justice, Ethereal Edge, The Reaper's Toll, Tomb Reaver, Steel Pillar.

Are you ladder or non ladder?