need socketing advice

lone_wolf

Diablo: IncGamers Member
need socketing advice

well first i like to thanks mister baal who made this possible:D

you see i just killed him and he decided that he wanted to be killed a bit faster next time. so i was granted a nice new item.

Heaven's Light
Mighty Scepter
One-Hand Damage: 157 to 204
Durability: 32 of 50
Required Dexterity: 65
Required Strength: 125
Required Level: 61
Mace Class - Fast Attack Speed
Item Version: 1.10 Expansion
Item Level: 99
Fingerprint: 0xd686e0d
+294% Enhanced Damage
+3 to Paladin Skill Levels
+3 to Light Radius
20% Increased Attack Speed
-33% Target Defense
150% Damage to Undead
33% Chance of Crushing Blow
+16 Life after each Demon Kill
Socketed (1: 0 used)

now as you all can see it came with 1 free socket so now i wonder what to socked in it.

note will use white_fox boosted level 22 smite with it against baal
 

Vorbiss

Diabloii.Net Member
lone_wolf said:
well first i like to thanks mister baal who made this possible:D

you see i just killed him and he decided that he wanted to be killed a bit faster next time. so i was granted a nice new item.

Heaven's Light
Mighty Scepter
One-Hand Damage: 157 to 204
Durability: 32 of 50
Required Dexterity: 65
Required Strength: 125
Required Level: 61
Mace Class - Fast Attack Speed
Item Version: 1.10 Expansion
Item Level: 99
Fingerprint: 0xd686e0d
+294% Enhanced Damage
+3 to Paladin Skill Levels
+3 to Light Radius
20% Increased Attack Speed
-33% Target Defense
150% Damage to Undead
33% Chance of Crushing Blow
+16 Life after each Demon Kill
Socketed (1: 0 used)

now as you all can see it came with 1 free socket so now i wonder what to socked in it.

note will use white_fox boosted level 22 smite with it against baal
For smite probably Shael would be the best oprtion.
 

MeBrutox

Diabloii.Net Member
It depends, with Smite here are is the IAS table to hit the break points, if a shael would help with that, you may want to consider doing that, or a Ber for the increase in crushing blow, as that is still affects Smite

IAS Frames per attack Attacks per second
0% 11 2.2
11% 10 2.5
26% 9 2.7
48% 8 3.1
86% 7 3.5
180% 6 4.1
 

nemar

Diabloii.Net Member
and why not something else than shael ?

- a " pul " , baal is a demon, isn't it ?
- a " ber" , 53% CB could be fun.

edit
did you try to add another socket ?
 

lone_wolf

Diablo: IncGamers Member
ber is to expensive pul is something i can do but will the extra damage from that help???


shael sounds like a plan but with a shael i reatch the 26% break point and just miss the 48% one to sad i cant find some gloves with 20%fcr and 20ias:(

that would be sweet.

i can say that baal lasted less then a min on players 1 with me running up smite him a bit until it barely made a diff anylonger and then swith to blessed hammer and make the kill:xsmile3:

EDIT: have not though about a second socket that should alloow me to reatch the 48% break point with ease
 

lone_wolf

Diablo: IncGamers Member
smite is as far as i know considered -100%def on everything so it wouldnt help much i think.


but i got no real clue thats why i ask here
 

MeBrutox

Diabloii.Net Member
Eth would not help...my recommendation if you can not get a Ber and Shael does not help the break point, is to try a mal..for monster can not regenerate..but that would only be good for using smite as a main attack against normal monsters, that do regenerate..not act bosses.

So if you only use Smite against baal, Ber is still the best item for that, besides shael, however if that does not help you meet the break point, it does not matter much anyhow. I would not bother socketing it with any other runes beyond that...maybe just hold off for a bit.
 

lone_wolf

Diablo: IncGamers Member
Death_Dealer said:
How can you add a second socket if it spawned with only 1?
how can you add a socket to things that have none???

lazaruks socked award should be able to do it.

or the new cube recipe

EDIT: 2 shaels should help me with the break points to atleast get over the 48% break point
 

Death_Dealer

Diabloii.Net Member
Thats not what I meant. I thought that a unique could only have one socket unless it spawned with more than one. Are you telling me that the original socket is ignored and the game considers this to be a blank item? (no sockets)
 

lone_wolf

Diablo: IncGamers Member
Ray Patean said:
I don't think you can socket already socketed items...
that would be a pity i hope your wrong ray. anyway its still a great find for me

EDIT: dont know yet d_d didnt think about that
 

whomhead

Diabloii.Net Member
you cannot socket any item that is already socketed. if you really want proof, go ahead and back up your character, try to socket it with larzuk and/or the cube. that way, even if it does happen and you don't really want to use your socket quest, you don't lose anything. but i assure, it wont work. :D
 

lone_wolf

Diablo: IncGamers Member
whomhead said:
you cannot socket any item that is already socketed. if you really want proof, go ahead and back up your character, try to socket it with larzuk and/or the cube. that way, even if it does happen and you don't really want to use your socket quest, you don't lose anything. but i assure, it wont work. :D
alredy tried :( didnt work. now the question is if i want to reatch one higher bp or do something else with that socket
 

Death_Dealer

Diabloii.Net Member
lone_wolf said:
alredy tried :( didnt work. now the question is if i want to reatch one higher bp or do something else with that socket
Bummer, but still a hell of a find wolfie. I am missing all 3 of those still.
 

Artemis

Diabloii.Net Member
lone_wolf, you don't have email or pm, so I'm posting here.

I've been staring at your cool but pixely (?) avatar for sometime now, so I've decided to spiff it up. Is there somewhere I can send it? email [email protected] or pm

cheers,
Artemis
 
Top