Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Need ratings, comments, suggestions, criticism, etc... ifr

Discussion in 'PvP' started by Camden, Oct 11, 2006.

1. Camden

Camden IncGamers Member

Need ratings, comments, suggestions, criticism, etc...

I just wrote a smiter guide. However as it's been some time since I actually had the smiter I wrote about, I went from memory... thus I fear I may have miscalculated some things, worded something improperly, or simply overlooked something important. Any thoughts/comments/etc etc are most welcome ;). It's a pvp smiter so I thought I would ask here.
    http://forums.diabloii.net/showthread.php?t=502479

2. Ce Olba

Ce Olba Banned

Now now.

You did a few mistakes there:
    Suggesting of popular duped items that no more can spawn (such as Soul Spurs)
    Suggesting items that only exist due to a glitch (glitch Zaka, I take it as an ethereal indestructible zaka with 1 open socket)

Otherwise your guide seems fine after a very quick check. However, I will read it in full soon and then I will see if I find any more mistakes.

And no, I am not really whining over duped items, just that it's for instance, against of the forum rules, which again prevents it from getting to the guides thread, and such items are not really on all realms (such as those boots, Europe for example has nothing close to those) and as I already said, Soul Slippers can no more spawn (no str on boots, and only +9 max dex, also the resistances are capped at 40%).

3. mainaman

mainaman IncGamers Member

Jai i think it would be great if you could list legit gear selection for ladder only , i might make one of those and join the counltess numbers of smiter that populate battlenet.

4. UpInTheSky

UpInTheSky IncGamers Member

Vouch. Fantastic Guide Btw ^^

5. Dennis_KoreanGuy

Dennis_KoreanGuy IncGamers Member

haha way to go. More/stronger smiters, thats exactly what we need in pub these days.

Would you not suggest using BA Grief against Barbs though? You should have enough str for coa anyways.

6. Camden

Camden IncGamers Member

Ty. And I posted legit alternatives to the aslips / sspurs in my final version @ jsp

If you can make up the ias, certainly. Though I've noticed a trend to if the barb is bad enough to die to a smiter in the first place, it's because you're tele-smiting properly, in which case pb vs zerk doesn't seem to matter.

A barb that really knows what he's doing won't die to you whether zerk or pb, in which case I would worry more about stacking a bit more dr/life than about range

7. SicHalo

SicHalo IncGamers Member

yeah the guide looks good but to answer that ba vs pb as stated if ur good with tele smite or desync + charge smite range will not matter where as on the other hand if the barb decides to chuck on slow gear, i.e a clegs + a doom for example, u will drop a few frames in smite speed which will have a big effect vs good barbs etc, greatly reducing the effect of tele-smite.

I believe vs other ba can be used but then again wots wrong with using a pb vs all?

8. elope with me

elope with me IncGamers Member

incredibly concise guide! :thumbsup:

the charms setup is a little annoying though... and the strategies assume you have those charms.

you should just say the stats needed on items instead of listing the dupe names... if that's what it takes for it to get stuck.

9. akumaxyz

akumaxyz Banned

very good guide,i just made one on ladder pretty much nail anyone on pubby except necros and hdins.

imo those charms are simply needed for this build for tankage, i need to keep switching to a cold resist shield +thul kiras for damaging cold sors otherwise i die in 1 blizz or 2 full orbs.

about barbs i think you should add a setup to counter doom if they use it, im thinking of a 4 ed ias jewel sacred targe of deflecting or something close

10. akumaxyz

akumaxyz Banned

btw most bvcs on ladder i came up with are not good LOL everyone of them seems to chant doom town befor dying and whine how smite is being ***

11. MysticDragon

MysticDragon IncGamers Member

That means very low defense. If a Barb uses Doom, it means they lose Beast which gives them damage and attack rating. PB resists Doom and is used for telesmiting with flash freeze.

It's the other way around for me. A simple WW away or clipping sends them crying and complaining about being lame with WW. It's not my fault they shift smite or run smite or charge smite...

12. akumaxyz

akumaxyz Banned

defense doesn't matter unless you can get over like 60k while with 30-40k a bvc with enough ar will still hit you.

most smiters i seen are charge,charge,smite after a barb i dont see any tele smiters around on L except one

13. HappyAssassin

HappyAssassin IncGamers Member

Very nice guide, you clearly know what you're doing. I wish you were on West so I could change your strat against WW hybrids though.

Props.

14. RetroStar

RetroStar IncGamers Member

Do you play USEast NL? I'm up for some duels. No one plays east nl here. :afro:

*star.

(with the period)

15. MysticDragon

MysticDragon IncGamers Member

40k and 60k defense are pretty much the same thing. Barbs can easily hit them with just 20k. Just wondering... how does a Smiter get 60k and a Barb get 40k anyway?

16. Uncle_Mike

Uncle_Mike D2 PvP Moderator

again, one of the best pvp guides out there, somehow not appreciated though :laugh:

if only 20/5 scs were easy to get ^^

17. akumaxyz

akumaxyz Banned

btw this build gets call sorber alot just because you got 85% light resist all the time,and people notice their damage is not too great.

you get trash talk by light sors,trapers,fc zons,fohers, while they're Oked with everything they got, convic mercs facets etc 0_0