Need new bone/mage guide...

timay_006

Diabloii.Net Member
Need new bone/mage guide...

new guy here, i was wondering if there was a bone/ mage guide, if there is one on this fourm, please tell me what page it's on cuz i most-of mised it. anyway, if there isn't could you please give me an example of a good guide, just by putting the skills and stat points below..
thanks.
 

Mad Mantis

D2/3 Necromancer & Witch Doctor Moderator
Try looking at this thread. Although the adres there links to a PvP guide, the PvP guide doesn't differ from a PvM guide.
 

HarbingersOfSkulls

Diabloii.Net Member
timay_006 said:
new guy here, i was wondering if there was a bone/ mage guide, if there is one on this fourm, please tell me what page it's on cuz i most-of mised it. anyway, if there isn't could you please give me an example of a good guide, just by putting the skills and stat points below..
thanks.
Another good one, is the "sticky" at top of the page by our very own Beatboxer. He has listed every type of necro build it there.

HoS
 

Necrochild313

Diabloii.Net Member
by bone/mage I assume you may mean bonamancer.

If you mean bone/ raise skeletal mage I personally don't think that'd be a very successful build :(
 

timay_006

Diabloii.Net Member
Ok, I’ve got my basic build from Angst's bon/summon, and now I’m debating (hoping you can help, or give advice)

i was wondering about his skills, instead of having 3 into skeli, and mage, i was think about making one of them 10 and the other 1, but I haven't decode. Also i was wondering about maxing Bone Prison, instead of Bone wall. Bone wall has +10% life, and prison only has 8%...also prison cost more mana, which in the end may e the difference between me living, and dying...anyway hope you guys can help, especially Angust, because he'd have the best perspective.

Thx.
 

Dark Tyrant

Diabloii.Net Member
timay_006 said:
Ok, I’ve got my basic build from Angst's bon/summon, and now I’m debating (hoping you can help, or give advice)

i was wondering about his skills, instead of having 3 into skeli, and mage, i was think about making one of them 10 and the other 1, but I haven't decode. Also i was wondering about maxing Bone Prison, instead of Bone wall. Bone wall has +10% life, and prison only has 8%...also prison cost more mana, which in the end may e the difference between me living, and dying...anyway hope you guys can help, especially Angust, because he'd have the best perspective.

Thx.
Don't cast Bone Prison or Bone Wall while having skeletons out. They will attack it and may even stop attacking the enemy.

People max Bone Prison and Bone Wall while putting 1 point into Bone Armor because both are synergies to Bone Armor. The Bone Armor will then be able to absorb 800 MELEE damage.

Also, people max Bone Wall only and not put a point in Bone Prison. Why? Well, the Marrowalk bug. The Marrowalk is a pair of boots and when you wear them, they give you a level 33 Bone Prison (synergy into Bone Armor). Thus, your Bone Armor will be able to absorb more damage assuming you do NOT put a single point into Bone Prison.
 

core1000

Diabloii.Net Member
Dark Tyrant said:
Don't cast Bone Prison or Bone Wall while having skeletons out. They will attack it and may even stop attacking the enemy.
I don't agree with you on skeletons attacking Player's Bone Prison or Bone Wall. This effect has been changed in the patch 1.10. Read patch.txt...
 

Xiamet

Diabloii.Net Member
It's funny...but with my Bonemancer/Summoner, I really don't use Bone Wall or Prison ...even though Bone Wall is maxed...the AI curses like Attract and Dim Vision do a good job of keeping the baddies busy, and the skeles, merc and CG tank well enough for me to get a few CE's off to finish the job.

I'd max BW anyways, for the synergies to BA and BSpirit/Spear.

-X
 

Angst

Diabloii.Net Member
Maxing Bone Prison is a good idea for sealing off irritating bosses, and groups of monsters that you want your minions to destroy and not get near you.

HIGH LEVEL BONE PRISON ONLY COSTS 1 MANA!

ok, that being said, I just use the skels as auxiliaries in my build, if you wanted to go heavily towards the skels you would probably do better than the mages, but its really only a 1 or 2 skeleton difference either way. If you do only have a couple mages, make sure one of them is a cold mage before fighting a decent boss.

If you plan on using Spear, then max Spear and put the rest of the synergies into wall/prison so you have buffed BA. If you plan on using Spirit, same thing, don't put points into spear or teeth. The build is fairly solid, you don't have to build it exactly. My prototype for it actually has several extra points into the poison skills that i never use and still kills fine. Keep pretty close, but don't be afraid to experiment with somethign that seems to be working well, and then come back and tell us about it.
 
Top