Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Need mule organizer program

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Skumhesten, Feb 9, 2004.

1. Skumhesten

Skumhesten IncGamers Member

Need mule organizer program

Hi all

I need a program to organize what there is on my mules.
    I know I have to put all the stuff in myself.

I will like the program to:

Be able to print out a list
    Be able to put in some stats on the items.
    Be able to search on item and stats.

Someone knows at program like this?

Skumhesten

2. BioHazard

BioHazard IncGamers Member

on the main page on diabloii.net under New Files, check out 1.10 Item Database. i think that is the one where u can enter the name, have it change the color of gold or green, and put some stats plus u can search. try that one out, but if not, try looking at the files on the site there are plenty.

3. puckalicious

puckalicious IncGamers Member

Yes there is a great new program out there that lets you do all that and more!!
    Its called Microsoft Word or was it Microsoft Excel (I cant remember all this high-tech words). I just got it so I'm not too sure how it all works its just so complicated. All I know is I type in the items and save it, then when I open it up again its still there! It didn't disappear like that pesky piece of paper I used to use back in 1.08.

4. Vizier

Vizier IncGamers Member

I use MS Excel for this.. it does all that for me. If you like, I can mail you a example copy. Mine has some formulas that do lookups for accounts and cross-referencing. It lists most of the common attributes separately so you can sort based on just about anything.

5. ALtheDefender

ALtheDefender IncGamers Member

Yeah, I think those high-tech words really did mess you up. He wants a program that will allow him to search through what he's got quickly and easily. The words you meant to use were Microsoft Access. This creates a database, which is like a spreadsheet except you can easily make a query to quickly bring up a group of items. Since there are an infinite number of fields, you could record mule name, account, item type, requirements....the possibilities are endless. Search might, for example, show all uniques, or all runes, or weapons that can be used before lvl ___ with ___ or less strength, all items on a certain mule....you can do a lot with it. I hope this helps a bit more than his sarcasm did.

6. Vizier

Vizier IncGamers Member

Excel does all this for me and provides a nice all-you-want-to-see visual presentation of all items. With Access, you'd have to tweak a bit with a display form that isn't as flexible as Excel was designed to be. Hiding columns at will is a nice feature as well.

It would be simple to load the entire spreadsheet into Access though, and, I think, vice-versa.

7. Pent

Pent IncGamers Member

I used to use mousepad's item inventory back in the days of 1.09
    You just log on your character, press a button and all the items are logged to an easy to read html file
    god, that was heaven

it made having 8 accounts that much easier