Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

need lld din guide

Discussion in 'PvP' started by conor rocks, Sep 3, 2006.

1. conor rocks

conor rocks IncGamers Member

need lld din guide

like the title says

2. pedu

pedu IncGamers Member

max zeal to lvl, 1 might, rest sacrifice. Cleglaws sword, twitch, 3s crown, ed/ar crownshield, ck boots, angelic amu+rings, death gloves +belt. Level to 18 and stick +15max damage jewels in every hole you find.
    dex for max block, str items, rest vita

tadaaa! lld zealer.

3. Eilo Rytyj

Eilo Rytyj IncGamers Member

there are different level caps in LLD (9, 12, 18, 24 etc...). I suggest use the search function. Pedu's guide is a bit vague, a Military pick with 6x 15 max dmg jewels will out-damage cleg's btw.

4. Arbedark

Arbedark IncGamers Member

Depends, the AR bonus from Clegs means you hit a lot, and with high maxers in the rest of the gear the DS will trigger often giving massive bonus to damage...

If its a 18 Zealot, then IMO 20'd Clegs is one of the best weapons.

5. pedu

pedu IncGamers Member

Yes, but thats entirely because the question is vague. A 3 zeal 3 might war scepter with 5 +20 maxers would be the best i think. Dont know if its possible, but i have one with +2 zeal...

6. crawlingdeadman

crawlingdeadman IncGamers Member

dont max zeal just up to 5 hits rest in sac. cleg's 50%ds makes up for a lot of damage and has fewer sockets (cheaper).

edit: after having one with and one without...spend the points on charge (or have a scepter with it handy. you wont be disappointed.

7. PFS

PFS IncGamers Member

Level 18:

Max Zeal (AR)
    1 Point in Holy Freeze (+Pre req)
    1 in Charge (useful)
    Rest in Sacrafice

Str - for gear
    Dex - Max Block
    Rest - Life

Gear - Clegs Sword, Deaths Belt, Twitch Armor, Sigons or Deaths Gloves, Boots - whatever, AR/ED Pala shield with 4 sockets, 3OS crown/mask. Angelics with Nzorkan in stash.

Sockets - Socket sword with +Max/+ED Jewels. Socket everything else with +Max/+UsefulStuffNotED.

Jewels should be +15Max or better (upto +20) (MAKE SURE JEWEL LEVEL IS 18 OR LOWER)

Charms - +Life, +Max, +Ar, +Resists, +STR/DEX

People ***** and moan about Holy Freeze... Which I enjoy in pub games - winding up pubby pond life.

8. crawlingdeadman

if you holy freeze me or any other person who's into lld you've just made an enemy for life. vs any "pubby" dueler at or near your lvl you kill them in 2 zeals anyway.

also for my recomendations of skill placement, i stick by them as long as you're staying in normal. if you're hell rushing then you have a lot more skills to play with. at 18 there's not much i cant hit anyway even with my lower (than yours anyway) ar. also ar is a bit easier to get than more damage expense wise anyway. i carried a amethyst cleg if i was having trouble hitting someone.

edit:
    for a normal rushed character that "gets" charge the difference between maxing sac (or as close to it as you can) and maxing zeal is this.

maxing sac while maintaining 5 zeal hits:
    14 sac
    4 zeal
    1 smite
    1 charge
    1 might

208% ed
    40% ar

maxing zeal, rest in sac
    11 sac
    7 zeal
    1 smite
    1 charge
    1 might

190%ed
    70% ar

the difference is 18% more ed and 30% less ar, but for a beginer zealot i say that ar is easier to get than more damage.

as long as you're hitting get as much damage as possible.

9. Baranor

Baranor IncGamers Member

So... why does the military pick outdamage cleglaws 50% more damage sword?

10. PFS

PFS IncGamers Member

I think he ment to put 6*+15+Max into it, giving it a massive +max bonus, but I don't think he realised that Clegs basically increases your mean damage output by 50%.

Clegs gloves with the sword can also be fun, but again people complain about you being mean and nasty to them by using an easy to find legitimate item, but with Zeal the knockback might not be great for you.

@crawlingdeadman - There are pros and cons to max zeal vs max sac with 5hit zeal, and it depends on what you plan on using it for. I was assuming hellrush and I like to fight people a bit above my level, who sometimes have massive defense (eth armors, defiance/shout/shiver armor), and the AR really comes in useful. If you're only going to duel level 18s then the usefulness drops off as you don't have the level difference or exceptional armor to worry about.

As to HolyFreeze - It's almost always banned in any sort of league or PvP tourney :( so if he's planning on that then it's a no-no, but in pub games it's anything goes. I'm not a big fan of PvP rules as they seem soooooo restrictive and against the spirit of the game in many cases, which is why I like a bit of pub dueling.
    When encountering people who have their head screwed on properley and are decent duelers who don't come across as ranting 5 year olds I'm normally happy to duel them using the Might aura rather than the HF if they ask. But for 99% of the pub duelers out there i just keep it on if they start hurling insults.
    Whinger: "OMG HF n00B. ZOMGZ cANt U53 HF on MY LVL 30PALA/BARB/SIN. Unfair LVL18 WIt HF. HAXHAXHAX!!!!!>"
    Me: "..."
    "Whinger has been squelched"

If you decide to go 'GM' and handicap your pala for others benefit then for pubby games make sure you have a 1-2Cold Damage SC in stash for anyone who forgot CBF.

11. Moritz

Moritz IncGamers Member

a lld din? what lvl and what 'din'?

sacrifice lvl9? zeal lvl18? smite lvl29? charge lvl29? hammerdin lvl29/30? anything else?

very unspecific topic.

12. Zangeif

Zangeif IncGamers Member

Don't put a point in charge. Switch to a + charge scepter vs casters. Most 18 zealers are made for melee only duels though.

Clegs is better than a +3zeal/+3conc 5os war scepter. Definately go with Clegs.

The best 18 zeal setup is actually a defiance build with eth/rep 2os armor, 15/20def jewels and 15/8def scs. For some reason, this build isn't as popular as the might build though.

13. crawlingdeadman

probably because of the prohibitivly high cost of a 2os eth repair armor that doesnt suck. or you can try to imbue/roll/mf one...all in all i think most people use the twitch setup because they're lazy/poor.

i spent for charge to save the trouble of finding a scepter.

14. PFS

PFS IncGamers Member

iirc the Twitch setup allows you to reach a higher zeal breakpoint, and requires much fewer points in dex to reach max block as well as giving generally good stats.

I don't think people use it just because they're lazy/poor. In the same way people don't use angelics out of lazyness or poverty. Or clegs.

I think you'll need a REALLY good rare to get something better than a twitch, and against a PvP char with 2*angelics and good AR boosts the extra defense wont do all that much to save you.

15. ubermoose

ubermoose IncGamers Member

Actually, a well jeweled 3zeal, 3conc scepter would easily be a match for clegs. The reason no-one uses them is because theyre damn hard to find.

As for the defensive build. Yes a godly eth/rep armor, 15/20 jewels and 15/8 scs would make you a very good char, but vs an equally expensive conc build zealer you would still lose the majority of the time because you do less damage than they do and they have enough ar to not need to worry much about your defense. Plus they can use blessed aim if they need to.

16. Zangeif

Zangeif IncGamers Member

A 3/3 scepter is close to clegs but still a little worse.

Also, A top of the line def zealer will beat a top of the line offensive zaeler, even if they use blessed aim. If they have gear switches with 15/60 ar jewels they would probably win though.