Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

need info on bonemancer

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by nikstone, Feb 28, 2004.

1. nikstone

nikstone IncGamers Member

need info on bonemancer

Hello everyone!

I have started a new character, a pure bonemancer following Porius guide.
    The guide is pretty much complete but still I would like to hear some opinions and advice from people who sucessfully played a bonemancer through hell.

Ok, here are some planned statistics for my MisterBone:

Strength- 106 -for being able to use the elite unique bloodlord skull
    Dexterity- base
    Vitality- all the rest
    Energy- 70

Skill:
    Poison and Bone- Full investment in the needed skills in poison and bone
    Curses- Decrepify and his prereq.
    Summoning- I might consider one point in clay golem and golem mastery(according to Vex_Nemox), i tested the golem with a wand and it looked cool and useful

I am using the fire arrow merc now, but I will try the holy freez merc for additional slow effect.

What interests me most is MF(magic find) with this character.
    How much equipment can the bonemancer sacrifice for good MF?
    Is he able and how quick to clean the pit on 8player setting?
    How good and quick can he preform in Baal and Pindelskin runs?

I am ready to listen to any good advice, suggestion and answer regarding statistics, skills and MF.

Thanks guys
    See you around

nikstone

P.S. Special thanks to Porius for taking the time to write this guide.

Deekin says:"Uhm boss, Deekin thinks boss looks very pale suddenly, makes Deekin little afraid, it does"! :scared:

2. the_sultan

the_sultan IncGamers Member

haven't played a boner in 1.10 yet (have in 1.09) but definitly get lower resist since it also increases magic dmg (not sure about this tough) and offcourse psn dmg.

3. SnakeEye85

SnakeEye85 IncGamers Member

i have a lvl 86 bonemancer (he isn´t even pat yet but lvled him at pindle runs at MFO :) )

he can wear alot of MF but i have sacrificed some of my best items on him.

he is by far my safest and fastest pindle runner

he does fine in the pit

im using the marrowwalk bug though which helped me alot

im going for max block which helped alot

i maxed CE which helped alot!!

gl :thumbsup:

4. sam_manzanza

sam_manzanza Banned

Lower Resist doesn't lower enemy resistance to magic damage.
    Bonemancers are awesome, my one made Pat about the same time Porius' guide came out sadly, so I spent a few un-needed points here and there, but even so he got past Baal easily enough.
    It is possible to get away with base Energy, I did and he still had 1.5k Mana. Just get a Wiz, Frosties, G Trap and a SoJ and your mana will be fine.
    If you're going to use Marrowwalks then you will need 110 Str, IIRC.

Good choice of character!
    Sam

5. nikstone

so far

Ok, lower resist is not in play anymore.

Snakeye how much MF are you wearing?
    Snakeye you have max block, does that mean your bonemancer get hit often?
    I am going for base dexterity, so what do you think will I have a hard time because of that?
    I was thinking with the golem and freez merc I would stay behind and safe.
    And you have maxed CE, so you had to cutt some poison and bone skill, probably bone prison?

Sam, I put 70 points in energy because I want to have a lot of MF wich restricts me in wearing all the good mana items, I am level 48 now and thinking that I should put even some more points in energy.
    But I will wait and see, every level mana goes a little bit up and so does damage and I plan to wear the harley and he gives quite a bit of mana.

Thanks for suggestions everybody

6. sam_manzanza

sam_manzanza Banned

Ok, I guess for MF purposes energy is a good idea. No use being able to kill but having to quaff a blue every second.
    Good luck with him, they are the most enjoyable build I have played.

Sam

7. the_sultan

the_sultan IncGamers Member

my bad, did they alter it in 1.10 cause I'm pretty sure it worked in 1.09 :(

8. SnakeEye85

SnakeEye85 IncGamers Member

between 200 - 500 MF depending on what area and /players x i run. No mf on merc.

max block combined with bonearmor does give you a very good protection in hell. Since im using the marrowwalk bug, i have a bonearmor that protects me from ~900 dmg IIRC.

when i entered hell i had a crazy amount of un used statpoints saved cause i wasn´t sure if i should go for block or vitality. And well after playing in act1 hell for a while i decided for the block cause i got hit all the time and even weak enemyes made me drink red pots which wasn´t a big problem but very anoying.
    I used all my unused statpoints and almost reached max block, the diffrence was huge and im very happy i went with block instead of vitality.

freeze merc would be my second choice but i decided to keep my firerogue merc. It´s great to have your merc next to you shooting at the enmyes while standing behind a bonewall totaly safe from everything while you spam bonespear / CE.
    Im sure the HF merc works just fine! The clay golem isn´t really a good tank for me since i have only spent 1 point into clay golem and 1 point into golem mastery, but i decided i´ll let my bonewalls tank for me and my merc instead.

im not 100% sure but i think i put around 70 into energy or so aswell and when i were around lvl 50, i was very tempted to put another 50 into energy aswell. But i didn´t, and im glad i didn´t. Since i wear mostly MF gear i don´t get that much +mana from items. (well i do wear a SoJ and frosties)
    I´m using some grand charms that gives 40-50+ mana and that solved my mana problems. I rarely run out of mana while using bonespear, the only time i need to drink a blue pot is while spaming bone spirit which i rarely do.
    I also have the luck of owning lots of small charms with +mana and 3-7% MF which is very nice to have when i MF :)

Good luck with your bonecaster, it´s a very funny char to play. Safe and very effective. I only died in a mp game while having ~2k ping. Otherwise no deaths which is very rare for my chars :)

9. nikstone

Ok great, I think that is pretty much everything I needed to know.

Snakeye you really took time to write all this down.
    Thnaks a lot.
    I will do what you did, save my statpoints and see whats happening in hell, and then decide block or vitality.
    I think the golem is meant mainly for help in boss killing.
    Example: While I was playing with the fire arrow merc against meph, with golem - golem dies, without golem -merc dies.
    I simply like to see that little, mindless servant.
    Sometimes it is good to spawn him into a group of enemies, for distraction.
    But BONE PRISON, with that i need no golem or merc.
    This skill rocks.

Sam, thanks for mentioning the marrowalk strength req.
    I decided to stay at srength 100, enough for all my mf gear.
    If I just want to have fun there are lot of items that can boost str or lower req.

Ok, guys thanks a lot again. :thumbsup:

Now on to new victorys.