need info about marrowwalks

Superhal

Diabloii.Net Member
need info about marrowwalks

i want to use marrowwalks on my sorc, but the info at arreats isn't enough. i need to know:

1. how many hps would lvl 44 bone prison have in hell?

2. unsynergized, could they stand up to say a gloam hit or bugged inferno from a venom lord in hell?

thx in advance.

Myrakh-2

Diabloii.Net Member
They are lvl 33, not 44.

Gloam bolts pierce, so the boneprison won't help. I believe they can completely ignore the bonewalls anyway...

Necrochild313

Diabloii.Net Member
In hell, an unsynergized level 33 bone prison will have 3879 hit points. That should be able to stand a few hits, though, I don't imagine it's worth the gold to repair it.

RTB

Diabloii.Net Member
Superhal said:
1. how many hps would lvl 44 bone prison have in hell?
The skillcalcs say 3947 (1 BA, 1 BW). Calc it yourself if you really want to be sure:
250 * (.15 * (lvl-1)) + ((skill('Bone Armor'.blvl)+skill('Bone Wall'.blvl))*.08)

2. unsynergized, could they stand up to say a gloam hit or bugged inferno from a venom lord in hell?
Their Inferno is not bugged AFAIK, just damaging.

Pherdnut

Diabloii.Net Member
You'd do better against gloams with charges of an AI curse like Attract or Confusion. Both can be found on rings and those should be a lot cheaper to repair than marrows.

goofycaca

Diabloii.Net Member
sequoia said:
well im sure necros would understand marrows the best :D
Not to mention that a Necro is much more likely to use bone prison on a regular basis and know what kind of damage it can take from, say, a gloam or inferno venom lord.

Superhal

Diabloii.Net Member
basically i'm looking to improve my boots on single tree sorcs. silkweaves is getting boring. for a single tree sorc, the merc is vital vs immunes, so i figure bone prison would help keep him alive. it also has life tap, which is very important vs baal. in baalruns, the only problems i'm having are against LI gloams in the throne room and fire damage (bartuc's hydras/cb more than the inferno actually.) also, i'm looking at bp as a form of crowd control. the money part i'm not too concerned with at all. i usually make around 150-200k per run from item sales, but i'm hoping i would only need to use bp 0-1 time per run, same with life tap.

there's a trick i know with bp/bw about casting and then tp'ing back to town. all the monsters in the immediate area will start attacking the bp/w, and will ignore you if you return. that's more what i'm counting on.