Need Hints for new Fire Sorc...

Gibby

Banned
Need Hints for new Fire Sorc...

Ok here's the deal, I'm making a new fire sorceress, but I don't know wut the best items for it would be. Anyone who could tell me some good items for her would be highly appreciated. Thanks. Also I have Blackbog's, Trang Shield, Trang Gloves, Wormskull, and Ondal's for trade.

Frosty_The_Snowman

Diabloii.Net Member
If you plan to build a pure Fire sorceress, you can use the following stuff. Feel free to add/comment since I won't go into details :

Helm :
Harlequin's Crest
Rare Diadem +2 All Skills 2 Sockets with 2 Fire RBF
Magic Diadem +3 Fire Skills 2 Sockets with 2 Fire RBF

Amulet :
Mara's Kaleidoscope
Magic Amulet +3 Fire Skills with nice second mod (For example, I have one with 29 Strength and another one with 100 Life).

Weapon :
Perfect Fire Eschuta's Temper
Oculus
"Leaf" Runeword in a +3 Fireball Staff as a cheaper option

Armor :
Ormus' Robe +3 Fire Ball (will be your main attack)
Enigma
Upgraded Skin of the Vipermagi as a cheaper option

Belt :
Arachnid Mesh
Upgraded Goldwrap for MF

Shield :
"Phoenix" Runeword Monarch
"Spirit" Runeword Monarch
Lidless Wall as a cheaper option

Gloves :
Mage Fist

Boots :
War Traveler for MF
Waterwalk, Silkweave as cheaper options

Rings :
I would mostly go for rare rings with Prismatic Resistances / Strength / MF / Mana / Life
Stone Of Jordan to boost the damage
Dward Star is a nice option too
Whisp Projector for MF and Lightning absorb is a fine choice

Act 2 Mercenary :
Infinity is the best of the best if you can afford it

Socketing :
ISTs for MFing / Fire RBF for damage / UMs for boosting resistances

MapleBarb

Diabloii.Net Member
Frosty_The_Snowman said:
If you plan to build a pure Fire sorceress, you can use the following stuff. Feel free to add/comment since I won't go into details :

Helm :
Harlequin's Crest
Rare Diadem +2 All Skills 2 Sockets with 2 Fire RBF
Magic Diadem +3 Fire Skills 2 Sockets with 2 Fire RBF

Amulet :
Mara's Kaleidoscope
Magic Amulet +3 Fire Skills with nice second mod (For example, I have one with 29 Strength and another one with 100 Life).

Weapon :
Perfect Fire Eschuta's Temper
Oculus
"Leaf" Runeword in a +3 Fireball Staff as a cheaper option

Armor :
Ormus' Robe +3 Fire Ball (will be your main attack)
Enigma
Upgraded Skin of the Vipermagi as a cheaper option

Belt :
Arachnid Mesh
Upgraded Goldwrap for MF

Shield :
"Phoenix" Runeword Monarch
"Spirit" Runeword Monarch
Lidless Wall as a cheaper option

Gloves :
Mage Fist

Boots :
War Traveler for MF
Waterwalk, Silkweave as cheaper options

Rings :
I would mostly go for rare rings with Prismatic Resistances / Strength / MF / Mana / Life
Stone Of Jordan to boost the damage
Dward Star is a nice option too
Whisp Projector for MF and Lightning absorb is a fine choice

Act 2 Mercenary :
Infinity is the best of the best if you can afford it

Socketing :
ISTs for MFing / Fire RBF for damage / UMs for boosting resistances
why enigma and not coh since coh would give her better resists and still has + to skills as well

Frosty_The_Snowman

Diabloii.Net Member
MapleBarb said:
why enigma and not coh since coh would give her better resists and still has + to skills as well
CoH is a good choice too, but Enigma gives 1% MF per cLvl. It adds a lot of Strength too (60+), so it's easier to wear a Monarch (Spirit / Phoenix) and you can keep your stat points for Mana or Life. Enigma adds 5% Life too, and each kill gives you 14 Life. For a sorceress, it's MUCH better than the pointless 8% LL from CoH. What's more, you get 45% FRW. Very useful for a sorceress when placing your mercenary. If you teleport, your mercenary will follow you. With FRW, you can quickly place yourself behind your mercenary, to spam fireballs. This armor is insane for any caster. All the mods are directed to casters. CoH would rather suit a melee fighter IMO. You have a lot of other ways to boost your resistances (Charms, Mara, Spirit, Rings, Annihilus...).
My own sorceress wears an Archon Enigma, whereas her mercenary wears an ethereal CoH Sacred Armor, precisely for the points you mention : resistances, and LL (among other useful mods).

LordQuas

Diabloii.Net Member
Magic Find really isn't a good path for a fire sorc, since most of the MF hotspots are swimming with fire immunes. Personally I play PVP with my fire sorc, with 110 FCR (pretty much the most realistic breakpoint you can achieve without sacrificing all your equipment slots, Shard/Wizspike, Lidless, Mfist and 2 10% rings can achieve this, and is a fairly easy setup to obtain)

Jek

Diabloii.Net Member
LordQuas said:
Magic Find really isn't a good path for a fire sorc, since most of the MF hotspots are swimming with fire immunes.
It's a very strong starter MF char, being able to do hell Andariel, Mephisto, Pindle, Eldrich and Shenk ultra easy is pretty good. :)

Gibby

Banned
Until a couple of weeks ago, I didn't even know people did MF runs on Shenk. Does he drop as good as pindle? Thanks.

Jek

Diabloii.Net Member
Gibby said:
Until a couple of weeks ago, I didn't even know people did MF runs on Shenk. Does he drop as good as pindle? Thanks.
I don't think he can drop as high, but considering how easy he is plus he's surrounded by a horde of easy monsters it's a good deal. I find a lot of charms this way. :)