Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Need help

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 General Discussion' started by Road Ratt, Mar 29, 2019.

1. Road Ratt

Road Ratt IncGamers Member

I have been playing a Barbarian, and have tried several different builds. Though this is not my main problem. In D2 I knew exactly what my objectives were. Diablo 3 changed in the last few years since I played it. I am completely clueless on what I am doing. I have no idea how to open a rift, no clue where I should be going or what I should be keeping an eye out for. I can't hardly find anything. If someone could help me out by giving me some idea of what I should be doing or where I should be running, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

2. Dacar92

Dacar92 Community, Amazon, DH Moderator & Inc Clan Officer

Diablo 3 rifts are accessed by the obelisk located in town. They used to require rift keystones to open but no longer do. They are available only in Adventure mode, not in Story mode. This is a good guide (albeit perhaps a little dated):
    https://www.diablowiki.net/Nephalem_Rifts

In terms of gear keep and use what increases your dps and resistances.

I am not sure how much you are familiar with the game itself so I'll tell you this: story mode is not needed after the first time you run it (this may have changed as well). Other characters are allowed to access adventure mode from their start. Adventure mode is rifts and bounties rather than running through the story. You will face all of the main story bosses in rifts or bounties so you won't miss out on facing Diablo, for example.

The difficulties in Adventure Mode are set by you and what you think your character is capable of. The higher the difficulty the better your drops so you have to find a nice compromise where you don't die and still get some worthwhile drops.

3. Road Ratt

Thanks for the reply. A friend on D3 finally clued me in on how the game works. I am running level 82 rifts with a barbarian now.

Neither of my friends are ever on anymore.

Is running higher rifts the only thing to do on D3? I mean it seems kind of like they need more of a motivation to play the game, unless I am still missing something lol.

4. T72on1

T72on1 IncGamers Member

Last time I played (2 seasons ago I think), Rifts and GRifts were indeed endgame for D3. Maybe sometimes bounties for some materials?

5. Road Ratt

Ok, thanks.

Running rifts isn't much compared to the number of endgame choices Diablo 2 had, ugh. Ah well, I want to play a Monk soon, playing through again will give me something different to do for a bit.

6. T72on1

T72on1 IncGamers Member

Monks are my favourite class in the game, by far !!

Road Ratt likes this.