Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Need help!!!!

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by YoungDbl, Nov 5, 2006.

1. YoungDbl

YoungDbl IncGamers Member

Need help!!!!

Hey,
    Ok my necro is level 71 inside the halls of vuaght in NM. I cannot beat it. I go in and merc is dead instantly and 10 skellies drop within seconds. All I see is poison spitting things so I slap on a venom ward on merc. Now he has 90 poison res and 75 all other res. I go in same thing.. So im thinking ok its just a nasty boss pack. So I run to a different entrance. Raise my skellies and merc then go back to the halls. I see 2 vipers and 2 mages. Merc dies within 2 seconds and all skellies die at once. I dont know whats causing it and I sure
    as hell cannot beat it. It is bothering me pretty bad. As it is it took me about an hour to clear from pindle to the halls of vuaght. Any suggestions is greatly**** appreciated.

2. Milb

Milb IncGamers Member

The vipers do massive damage, try putting some straight DR gear on your merc, that will help. I don't know how to deal with helping your skellies though. Try lowering the player setting to 1 and try to start off a CE chain, the vipers have low life so they should go down pretty fast if you can hit them.

3. YoungDbl

Since I was already in the area if I set it to /p1 will it work or do I have to create a new game then do all that crap over again? I have no DR gear for my merc. Playing untwinked. He has a blackhorns, 4pruby ancient armor / venomward , and a partizan. Will try again once I find out about the settings of players.

4. Milb

Milb IncGamers Member

A 4x Sol armor could be helpful if you have any spare. If you have already spawned the enemies then they will stay at that setting, you'll have to restart if you want to face them at p1.

5. YoungDbl

Not what I wanted to hear...
    Well that sucks!!! After that im going to set it back to p8 and finish off act5. I think hell ill just do p1 the whole time. Killing speed is way way slow now. Thanks for advice. Actually I have no spare sols. Im waiting on a sol to finish my lore helmet. Then a lum to finish my smoke. And a lem to finish my passion.

6. noobintraining

noobintraining Banned

This may not be an acceptable solution to you, but you could always skip the area entirely. The reward for killing Nihlithak is useless, and at level 71, you'll probably get better experience in the Ancient's Way or World Stone Keep.

7. Flayed One

Flayed One IncGamers Member

The monsters that have already been spawned will remain at p8, or whatever setting have you played before. Only monsters in places you haven't visited (AFAIR it's actually two or three screens from the player radius that the monsters are beeing spawned)

The damage vipers cause is actually not only poison damage. its partially poison and partially physical damage, and although the damage isn't high, the physical part is reapplied every time you move in the poison cloud(it means that you get hit for something like 50 physical damage EACH FRAME(!!!!) you spend moving through the poison cloud) That's why it's so lethal.Avoid moving until everything around is dead is my advice. I belive it's impossible to keep merc alive without lot of DR gear.

Good luck! :thumbsup:

8. kabal

kabal IncGamers Member

The poison clouds are bugged so that they apply the physical damage of the viper every frame. There's nothing you can do for your skellies and they'll die from the poison clouds in a matter of seconds each time, so I would just reroll until the vipers don't spawn.

9. noobintraining

noobintraining Banned

I'm waiting on an Ohm, Um, Lo, and Cham to finish my Doom. :rolleyes:

10. YoungDbl

Well skipping isnt an option really. I like to get all quests and wp's. I redid all the areas I had done on players1 and my necro is now champion :grin:. Still no closer to the items I need but now im in hell so maybe ill get lucky. I found a laying of hands. I always see people advising these gloves. Is there something im missing? Thanks for help though now I can work on hell.

11. Milb

Milb IncGamers Member

LoH are awesome for melee characters due to the 350ed to demons, no real help to your necro unfortunately...

12. Cattleya

Cattleya IncGamers Member

IAS, huge fire resist, and a ton of ED to demons (which make up a healthy chunk of the baddie population in D2?) What's not to love for any character with physical damage? I can't believe how nice they are on my Enchantress. There's a lot of fire imune demons out there, and the gloves make a huge difference.

13. YoungDbl

Oh, Well thats cool once I make my passion ill keep those in mind for the char I choose. Now that I am doing players one in hell I can see the *True* power of ce. In normal and nm I played p8 and it was just little chunks. Now I can take a group of 15 monsters down with just 2 ce casts. It is truly dangerous! My necro is doing great now thanks guys and Eu's.

14. Dark Matter

Dark Matter IncGamers Member

Next time, spam dim vision. Then cast attact on a mob or two, then cast Amp damage.

If they can't see you they can't attack you, and by the time they can see the attact will take a lot of the heat from your minions and merc.

15. YoungDbl

Cursing is something im not very good with. I just cant seem to find good combos or how to use the curse to its full potential. I seen in one post in
    a thread of mine that some one said my skellies wont even get hit very
    often. I lol'd to that becuase I am horrible at cursing and if my skellies werent a piece of durable marrow id be screwed. Hopefully I learn how to use the curses right before I get much further in hell. The hardest entire part of NM was the frozen river. Oh my god was it a beast. The hardest part of normal was uh... arcane sanctuary. Way annoying.

16. Aoctoy

Aoctoy IncGamers Member

I don't know if it's been mentioned, but it's not bugged. A blizzard member posted on the battle.net forums that it was working as intended. :grin: