Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Need Help!

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by leeye84, Apr 7, 2004.

1. leeye84

leeye84 IncGamers Member

Need Help!

Sup yall. :howdy: This is my first post, but i've been looking at the forum for a while and everybody seems pretty cool and mature, so i've decided to ask for some help.

I've been playing single player for a while (don't got internet at home, i'm on a campus computer right now). I MFed a lot, and found items such as Stormshields and Valors. But I just can't seem to find a Shako. :rant: I tryed to look for item pack online, but they all don't work (it's all 1.09). So If anyone of this forum can email a copy of their Shako to me, I would be thankful. I would be more than happy to mail yall anything that I've got in Single Player.

Thanks a bunch!!!

My email is: [email protected]

2. Fafner

Fafner IncGamers Member

Here we go again....

Actually my suggestion to you would be to try on the trade forum...in fact if you have a +2 Valor (legit...) I'll trade you a shako for it. PM me with ATMA read-out.

This happens all the time...I still haven't found a Buriza, I just found my first Skulders...Diablo is a cruel mistress, she gives and she takes away. Some people find Ber's from Pindleskin's minions...some people never find a Ber after 1000 Chaos Sanctuary runs or 3-4 years of Diablo...I think there's a lesson in all this...and that is be content with what you have, you'd never believe how much fun it is to improvise...my shako for 2.5 years = 3 p-gem Tiara. I still have it. My Skulders 4-pgem Gothic Plate, still got it. Two 25% MF blue rings, got 'em still (Fafner's Nagels)...I could go on for days with the substitutions I've used to finish the game (esp in 1.09) until what I needed dropped.

Keep it real.

3. Mammon

Mammon IncGamers Member

First of all, welcome to the forums!

In response to your request, I'd like to ask you to reconsider the phrasing of your request.

As you mentioned, this forum does hold itself to a high standard regarding the legitimacy of the items given away or traded to other players. Obviously your are perfectly within your rights to download and use items from an item pack, but such things are frowned upon by the readers here.

As for sending you a 'copy' of a harlequin crest, that would be considered 'duping' (two copies of the exact same item).

I would like to suggest that if you do maintain an archive of legitimately obtained items for trade, that you try posting in the weekly trade thread to try to obtain a legimate Harly.

Please don't be offended if anyone has questions regarding the source of your tradeables as you've already posted some 'less than desirable' statements regarding the possible source of your equipment.

Please read the stickied thread regarding forum policies for any clarifications about what I've said to clear up any confusion I may have caused.

Once again, welcome to the SPF!

4. Cauthon

Cauthon IncGamers Member

You're going to have far better luck trying the trade thread, rather than asking for a "copy" of a Shako. Our trade practices include the fact that once an item has been sent, and successfully received, the giver deletes the item from their computer to make sure we don't have dupes present in the economy. We've seen what that does on battle.net, and we're hoping to keep it away from here.

It could be that someone has a spare they wouldn't mind giving away, but given that it is a Shako, I wouldn't count on it. One of the challenges of SP is making do with what you find; while ATMA helps us twink characters, its still only as good as what you can find.

Hope that helps!

5. King's Specter

King's Specter IncGamers Member

This polite text is no longer needed.. :)

6. Kremtok

Kremtok IncGamers Member

Welcome to our community.

I must first make you aware that we are a community that does not tolerate cheating of any kind, including duping and use of character editors and item packs. See the SPF FAQ for further information on our stance on these issues.

That said, Fafner had a very good suggestion that you check out the trading thread. Be sure to read the SPF Trading FAQ before engaging in any trading activity.

Again, welcome, and please take this opportunity to tell us a bit about yourself, the characters you enjoy playing, and what your least favorite vegetable is.

7. BeatMaster

BeatMaster IncGamers Member

Hi there and welcome to the bestest forum in the abyss! :wave:

Regarding the item thing, I second what Mammon said.

Enjoy you stay and may it be a good and enlightening experience!

-BeatMaster

8. LprMan

LprMan IncGamers Member

:wave:

You have already been told the main points how things work here on our forum. Please respect our rules and we respect you

Welcome!

edit: have you ever considered upgrading to 1.10? Thats because most of us play 1.10 and Shako which is converter/found in 1.10 cannot be used in 1.09. The new patch is lots of fun

9. Slartibartfast

Slartibartfast IncGamers Member

Well as most things regarding dupes and item packs already have been said i'll just keep to a simple, hello and welcome to spf then :howdy:

10. fishman

fishman IncGamers Member

Well said...I am quite content with my mediocre equipment, and that makes it all the more exciting when something really good drops. I play mostly untwinked, mainly because I don't have much good stuff to mule yet. You can complete the game, and have fun doing it, with what falls out while playing.

How's that song go...if you can't be with the one you love, love the one you're with. :lol:

BTW, welcome to the SPF...hope you enjoy it here.