Need help with strategy killing uber meph

noneed

Diabloii.Net Member
Need help with strategy killing uber meph

I need some help
my smiter uses grief pb, exile, draculs, shako, maras, soj, raven, gores
it's easy to kill diablo and baal but meph is *****y.....
can someone tell me easy way to kill?
thx

ProfessionalBerg

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: Need help with strategy killing uber meph

You got too little resists. He will 1-hit kill you, in which case all the uber-gear is useless.

Use Salvation, or prebuff Fade with Treachery. Stack up on cold and especially lightning resist charms. Ensure that you have around 300 in cold and lightning EACH.

noneed

Diabloii.Net Member

hmm so I put salvation on and hit until lifetap casts?
and once life tap is on switch to conc and smite all the way?

ProfessionalBerg

Diabloii.Net Member

Conc? You should use fanat for one.

Second, you need to keep salvation running until you kill Mephisto. His lightning attacks are so strong that they can 1-hit kill you. No Life Tap in the world will save you if you lose ALL health in 1 moment.

Dirkw

Diabloii.Net Member

That kind of gear yet unable to take care of meph?

ProfessionalBerg

Diabloii.Net Member

Dirkw, don't forget, Meph's elemental attacks are very dangerous. You may have all the best gear in the world, but still be pwned in under 1 second if you have bad resists.

hmmm, maybe your build is a little weak?

i had a frenzy barb who could tackle uber trist? with not too great resists. after mephs conviction aura they dropped to just above 0, and it was still do-able. as long as life tap casts you should be ok? lastwish maybe better for you than grief, then you can use laying of hands for demon ed%

braincrasher

Diabloii.Net Member

@Ilikestuff: Ed% to undead/demons doesn´t work with smite.

I agree with others that your resists are too low. First ditch Shako and replace with umed Guillaumes for cb or with Kiras for more resists. I´d suggest Guillaumes because otherwise with the gear you listed you´ll only have 15% cb.
As for armor, I suggest getting Coh or Smoke for extra resists. Also replace Soj with resist all ring and get few resist all charms and you´re all set for tackling Uber Mephisto, maybe with salvation though.

UberB

Diabloii.Net Member

I vote you ditch the Exile and get a pdiamond/um HoZ.

Stevomoo

Diabloii.Net Member

if you are going to ditch exile then a good pala sanctury would virtualy solve your resist worries.

another more expencive option would be to use kiras coh and lw,

UberB

Diabloii.Net Member

Since sanctuary basically is only good for massive resistances, a four socket high res pally shield with 4 pdiamonds would be a lot more useful, especially since you can hel+tp it to make something else, and 4 socket shields can make a lot more stuff than 3 socket ones.

I don't think neither of them are necessary though, I prefer HoZ.

noneed

Diabloii.Net Member

okay, I'll try out some stuff and post again if doesn't work
but just quick question without fana or conc how do you kill? isn't dmg too low? and can't just depend on cb since cb is % dependent....

ProfessionalBerg

Diabloii.Net Member

If you have Grief and something like Fort, you get pretty good amounts of damage, at least enough to kill slivered Uber Meph. At least, I somehow manage to do it while running Salvation.

AnimeCraze

Diabloii.Net Member

Heck, I do it with 15 CB, and grief with salvation + no fort. The key is resist and absorb.

nicolassixfive

Diabloii.Net Member

I'd been dying killing mephy about 30-40 percent of the time until i read this thread today and tried tgods. was able to take on mephy three times in a row without coming close to trouble, but maybe those were flukes. i don't prebuff, and i'm using:

AP Fort
Ber'd Guillames
Metalgrid
Grief PB
Sanctuary (ST) with 107Res
TGods
Raven
Nature's Peace
Dracs
Gores

i keep azurewrath/um'd hoz on switch to kill off p-immune minions. any suggestions?

Vingadorr

Diabloii.Net Member

my gear:

gaze
highlords
pb grief
fort
uped hoz
dracs
dungo
gore
raven
and rare ring 6 ml 19 str 24 fire rs 24 cold rs 30 light rs :punk:

anni + high torch plus salvation, so i never die :highfive: and already did more 10 ubers runs

EndizzZ

Diabloii.Net Member

I need some help
my smiter uses grief pb, exile, draculs, shako, maras, soj, raven, gores
it's easy to kill diablo and baal but meph is *****y.....
can someone tell me easy way to kill?
thx
Oh and wut armor you using? Coh also helps but otherwise, I would get rid of exile and get Um'd Hoz, then trade mara's for 2/2 seraph's, get a 5ll bk instead of soj, and the biggest is to trade off the shako for a Guil helm (or Coa). This way you have huge res and meph is a push-over also make sure you buy a lifetap wand from Drognan (Act 2). Lure meph in the west side hit him with you lifetap wand and you should b just fine. :alright:

noneed

Diabloii.Net Member

okay I just tested my smiter today after you guys replies
I killed meph in less than a minute ^^
With fade and salvation on my res were all 75 and 85 LR even with meph conviction
and tgod light absorbs seems to somewhat work, and with 85 cb it was so fast and with might aura from Last Wish allowed him to finish him off. But one question got on my mind... I saw yellow ball thing on summons by ubers when I hit them... and lifetap didn't work with the summons. What is that?

Hear's my gear

Dusk Coh
Last Wish Pb(70cb)
Shako(15ias/15res jewel'd)
Hoz(15ias/15res jewel'd)
Tgod
Gores
Drac
Mara(30res)
Soj
Raven

ProfessionalBerg

Diabloii.Net Member

That's probably the Dim Vision curse. It overrides Life Tap. Although I can't see what could possibly trigger it.