Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Need help with shield selection.

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by SmittySixTen, Oct 26, 2006.

1. SmittySixTen

SmittySixTen IncGamers Member

Need help with shield selection.

Ok, so here's the deal. I've decided to go ahead and make a hammerdin. I've decided to make a spirit and roll until I get 35fcr. I have a 4os Crown Shield with 45 res. My question is should I just go with the Crown Shield, or should I try and trade for a Sacred Targe with decent res? The major difference, in my eyes, is the defense. However, I don't know how much of a difference that will make.

I'm going to max Holy Shield, so max block shouldn't be difficult to achieve either way. I just don't know if the 100~ defense difference will really make a significant difference, and I’m likely going to turn the Crown Shield into a spirit anyway.

2. Talga Vasternich

Talga Vasternich IncGamers Member

PvM - it won't matter... use the 45 resist you've got and roll until you get 35FCR

PvP - dunno

3. pliu

pliu Banned

100 def not make big different for PvM. For PvP it make diferent.

4. k/t

k/t Banned

You won't actually need 35% FCR unless your other equipment is giving you exactly 40 or 90 FCR.

Maxing Holy Shield occurs at level 97, if you've gotten Meditation and Redemption.

Talga, we need more of your pictures in the gallery.

5. SmittySixTen

SmittySixTen IncGamers Member

I actually realized this after I posted. I made the Spirit and got a 30fcr on it, so I'm happy. I just need to decide if I want to try and get a 20fcr Circlet+HotO or stick with a Shako+Wizzy. If I go the Shako/Wizzy route I can make the char right now, but I don't think it'd be as strong as if I were to just wait and make sure I optimized everything. But, that has nothing to do with the shield.

Anyway, thanks for the advice everyone.