Need help with -poison res on switch mechanic

Zangeif

Diabloii.Net Member
Need help with -poison res on switch mechanic

I posted this in the statistics forum but haven't gotten a reply yet. This is a mechanic that I'm not familiar with.

I've heard of rabies druids using a deaths web on switch to give -res after the opponent is infected. I'm not sure how it works.

I'm building a MLD level 49 plague/poison jav amazon. If I poison them with a javelin, then switch to a 30/-30 weapon with a 15/-15 shield how does it work? Do they get this -45 res as long as they are poisoned? Do they need to be namelocked? Does it only work in a certain range? How do I apply this -45res to them by switching weapons after hitting them with a javelin?

Please explain this mechanic, and please answer only if you are certain.

Thanks

RetroStar

Diabloii.Net Member
I posted this in the statistics forum but haven't gotten a reply yet. This is a mechanic that I'm not familiar with.

I've heard of rabies druids using a deaths web on switch to give -res after the opponent is infected. I'm not sure how it works.

I'm building a MLD level 49 plague/poison jav amazon. If I poison them with a javelin, then switch to a 30/-30 weapon with a 15/-15 shield how does it work? Do they get this -45 res as long as they are poisoned? Do they need to be namelocked? Does it only work in a certain range? How do I apply this -45res to them by switching weapons after hitting them with a javelin?

Please explain this mechanic, and please answer only if you are certain.

Thanks
If you poison them with the jav then switch. It works similar to a conviction switch, therefore the -resist will apply to them. No need to namelock. Range-wise I am not sure, I don't think anyone would really know. And yes you throw, hit, then switch.

Rabbitz

Diabloii.Net Member
Its works with rabies because rabies works on a strange way. Its a poison that 're-applys' itself over the entire duration. Meaning if you change to dweb//monarch the next 'surge' will have the -res on it.

Not sure if it should work with poison javs.

Quietus

Diabloii.Net Member
Its works with rabies because rabies works on a strange way. Its a poison that 're-applys' itself over the entire duration. Meaning if you change to dweb//monarch the next 'surge' will have the -res on it.

Not sure if it should work with poison javs.
In connection with this - if that next 'surge' has the -res on it, will that -res stick through the duration of rabies, or only during those 'surges' that have the -res gear out?

Maccat

Diabloii.Net Member
I'm no expert Quietus and you seem to be fairly knowledgeable (spelling? lol) but I'm pretty sure it works as this:

Infect
Damage
Switch / Switch Back
Increased Damage (for the rest of the duration)

If it didn't work this way, why would anyone uses the trick switch the weapons for a second or less and then switch back? It requires but a little flash in order to make the surges have the negative resists.

kvist1

Diabloii.Net Member
death web and 20/20 monarch dont work on switch for psn javs, dont know why

edit: sry was tested on hard stack resist char..

Quietus

Diabloii.Net Member
I'm no expert Quietus and you seem to be fairly knowledgeable (spelling? lol) but I'm pretty sure it works as this:

Infect
Damage
Switch / Switch Back
Increased Damage (for the rest of the duration)

If it didn't work this way, why would anyone uses the trick switch the weapons for a second or less and then switch back? It requires but a little flash in order to make the surges have the negative resists.
I knew how to apply it, I just wasn't sure if there's a benefit to keep the -res gear out. It doesn't seem to make sense to me that it would apply the -res from one "surge" and then if you don't have your -res gear out for the next, ignore that fact and continue with the -res from the previous. It does seem to, given testing, but still.

kvist1 - as Rabbitz said, rabies works differently than regular poison. Regular poison is applied once, and whatever mods are active when you apply it are what sticks. Rabies works differently from other poison... I believe it's been compared to "disease" damage, rather than "poison" damage, they just both use poison resist to reduce the damage dealt.