Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Need help with my javazon

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by ArcTeryx, Feb 12, 2007.

1. ArcTeryx

ArcTeryx Diabloii.Net Member

Need help with my javazon

I'm currently making a LF javazon, but I'm a bit confused at to which items I should use.

1.) What ammy do you recommend? I have a Mara's, but is faster attack speed (Cat's Eye, Highlord's, etc.), more important than +skills?

2.) I literally have no clue about the IAS breakpoints for amazons. I have a Titan's, but I don't know whether I should Shael it, or stick a Lightning Facet in it. Same goes for the Valkyrie Wing helm I have (IAS jewel or facet).

3.) What boots do you suggest? There doesn't seem to be any clear choice.

Thanks for the help!

2. AnimeCraze

AnimeCraze Diabloii.Net Member

You can't socket Titan's. I know, it's sad. For boots I recommend either something like silkweave that gives mana per kill, or waterwalk/sandstorm track that gives you more life.

3. awilhelmscream

awilhelmscream Diabloii.Net Member

There are no real amazon stand-out boots.
    As above the best choice is just to use generic "good" boots.
    At the moment I'm using War Travs for the vitality and strength bonuses and the mf.

4. PFS

PFS Diabloii.Net Member

Nats boots are nice for resists too.

5. crawlingdeadman

crawlingdeadman Diabloii.Net Member

my favorite boots for when i dont know what to wear are aldurs. they are a tad heavy but if you have spirit monarch then they cover some fire res and are less str req than 156 so that's np. as for helm i think for any java that shako cannot be beat. best bet for an ammy is a good rare but if you have mara's that works too.

the greatest thing, imo, of a javazon (pvm) is how gear independent they are. you put on a bit of +skills, get good res if you want, block if you want (not necessary for pvm), have a decent amout of mana leech and/or mana per kill, and be sure to have a plan for light immues and you're set. one of my favorite javazons used the full deciple set + shako, rare ring, ravenfrost, titans, and spirit.

6. tehblanx

tehblanx Diabloii.Net Member

I recommend attaining 55 IAS. This gives you a nice balance of speed and resists/mf. It's generally hard to reach higher breakpoints without resorting to 60ias armor (ie sacrificing enigma/huge MF).

55 is attainable with: 20ias gloves (ideal would be +3jav/20ias or +2jav/20ias rares with MF), highlords (i prefer this to mara's since i run cows; meaning: resists arent important), 15ias jewel socketed in your helm or shield(s).

boots: war traveller or sandstorm trek should both be attainable with relative ease.

7. ArcTeryx

ArcTeryx Diabloii.Net Member

Thanks for the replies. They helped tremendously. But I'm also kind of torn on what shield to use. I'm considering Spirit, Um'd Stormshield, and a Phoenix (though I'm not sure why a lot of javazons use this. Redemption?). Any ideas?

I actually plan on running the Chaos Sanc and Cow level almost exclusively. Looking for as little mf as possible. Going to gray/white items. Thanks again for the help.

8. Veilside

Veilside Diabloii.Net Member

They use phoenix for the aura which essentially means you won't need any mana leech items and so can pack more damage gear, in reality for pvm the difference isn't going to be noticeable.
    Out of those suggestions i'd say use the storm if you need the resists otherwise the spirit would probably be a good choice.

9. awilhelmscream

awilhelmscream Diabloii.Net Member

I use spirit; the extra mana is useful as it frees up points from energy and obviously +2 skills is valuable.
    It's cheap and of the three shields I'd suggest the best for you.