Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Need help with my Dream Avenger

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by Tekka, May 11, 2008.

1. Tekka

Tekka IncGamers Member

Need help with my Dream Avenger

I'm having trouble hitting people because my AR is so low. I thought with a -92% Def from the Conviction it shouldn't be a problem but i was wrong. After my equipment I have about 6.6K AR and only 7.8k Def.

I kinda messed up and added too many points into Cold and Fire resistance thinking the synergy would increase my DMG. I wasted 7 points into those skills and all it did was increase my damage from 14k to 15k, I should have put those points into Holy Shield instead to improve my Defense. when I level up should i Continue to put points into the Synergies to improve my res and dmg or into holy shield for More DEF?

Helmet - Dream Bone Visage
    Shield - Dream Sacred Targe
    Armor - Engima Archon Plates
    Weapon - 391 ED Eth Breath of the Dying Zerker (just got it)
    Amulet - Maras
    Gloves - 20% IAS, 1 LL, 6 Crushing Blow, 22% ED, 16HP, 16% Fire Res, 29 Poison Res Crafted Gloves
    Belt - Nosferatu Coil
    Boots - Waterwalks
    Rings - Raven Frost & Bul Kathos Ring
    Charms - P Torch & Anni, 5 Pally Combats, 2 Offensive

Here is my Skill Pt distribution at Level 84

Skills
    ______________ Raw Points _____________ After Gear + BO

Vengence ---------- (20) -------------------- (35)
    Light Resist -------- (20) -------------------- (30)
    Cold Resist --------- (06) -------------------- (15)
    Fire Resist --------- (06) --------------------- (15)
    Salvation ---------- (20) --------------------- (30)
    Conviction --------- (13) --------------------- (25)
    Holy Shield --------- (01) --------------------- (16)

2. Darsithriel

Darsithriel IncGamers Member

Re: Need help with my Dream Avenger

ah, the deader than dead avenger paladin. avenger pally's aren't very popular nowadays but, they're my favorite (and only paladin i like) pally build. it seems everyone just builds hammerdins or smiters these days which is lame and h-dins are cheap and cheesey.

but after looking over your skills the only bad thing i can see is salvation. i think you put too many points into salvation. with 1 point into salvation you get, oh what is it.....2% synergy to fire, lightning and, cold. and with the individual resists its what, 10% synergy to that element right?(it's been a while so im not sure) i wouldve put just one in salvation (just in case) and put more points into single resists starting with lightning (you did right there by me) because it is more damage.

as for whether to put more points into synergies or holy sheild i leave it up to you. do you want more damage or more defense? i remember i maxed my holy shield but, i read on a guide (on here i think) that about 10 was good and save the rest for synergies. so, if you feel fine with your damage go holy shield if, you feel you dont hit hard enough go with resists. myself i would go holy shield, because your 15k damage for vengance was much better than mine(i had really poor gear though, except for my herald of Zaka)

as for your trouble hitting bad guys, i dont know what to tell you. i never had any problems hitting monsters and your attack rating eclipses mine by like 2,500. but with all the high end gear you got equipped you shouldn't have trouble whackin fools, not by any means. something is wrong there and i dont know what to tell you

3. Tekka

Tekka IncGamers Member

oh imsorry i meant i had trouble hitting people in Dueling games, I sorta made him more of a dueler then pvm. I'm pretty much unstoppable in pvm.The negative 150% resist and the -92% Def really apealed to me considering most zons and sorcs are like glass cannons. The problem is when it comes to fighting Smiters and a couple of other high def melee charas. I also have a huge problem with Windy druids as i cant tank them at all.

4. janmaxim

janmaxim IncGamers Member

Have you tried the Angelic Amu + Ring combo? or even amu + 2 rings if you REALLY need AR?

Using the amu + ring will grant you

84*12 AR = 1008 AR

double that if you use 2x rings, it will also give you +95 (or +115) to life, and +10 dex.

5. Tekka

Tekka IncGamers Member

no i havent tried that yet, i tried replacing my gloves and boots with Ik Gloves and boots to give me another + 175 AR and it increased my AR to exactly 7k. i dont know if im willing to give up +3 skills yet... ill test it out and let u know