Need help with mf sorc.

Useratuaer

Diabloii.Net Member
Need help with mf sorc.

My sorc is just getting torn up in hell. She has no problems killing but seems quite weak, weaker than usual. Mephisto in hell kills me in 2-3 hits. Heres my setup:
Tal Armor
Tals Belt
Tals Ammy
Shako
Grim Shield Slpendor
Occy
War travs
Chance Guards
2x Nagels

BTW, this is the only gear I have so getting other gear would be kinda hard. (just started playing ladder)
Also shes a fire sorc (maxed fireball,bolt,mastery,meteor) but she doesnt have any problems killing she just gets killed way too easy. I was thinking of putting a point into Energy shield but that would make teleporting and killing things hard. But my mana regen is pretty decent.

yelopen

Diabloii.Net Member
obviously your prob is resistance i think
almost none of your items have res

that will make hell VERY difficult

k/t

Banned
Hahahaha. That's pretty funny. "Where do I aquire resistance". And not because of the spelling mistake.

Lose the Splendor in favour of a Rhyme (which is cheaper to make). That would be the least you could do. Or, to fully solve (most of) your problems, get a Moser's Blessed Circle shield and put 2 Perfect Diamonds in it. That will get you to 63, 73, 73, 13. Or throw away the Occy and use Wizardspike (although I wouldn't recommend that, since Occy gives resists and 3 skills). Or load up on resist charms (this is the worst solution).

If Mephisto kills you in 2-3 hits, then try keeping your distance so he can't hit you. :thumbsup: Do the moat trick. With 73 Cold and Lightning Resists you can take Meph's ranged attacks.

Do NOT get Energy Shield. Without heavy investment in Telekinesis it will just destroy your mana.

My MF sorc is a Meteorb, currently level 90.

Harlequin Crest with Topaz
Skullder's with Topaz
Tal ammy
Tal belt
Wizardspike
Moser's with Diamonds
SOJ
Magic ring with 39% MF
Chance Guards
War Traveler
Gull/Rhyme on switch

332% MF with normal weapons, 457 with Gull/Rhyme. 1039 life, 870 mana. 75 resist all, 75% block. She tanks Meph, Diablo, Baal, and the last 3 groups of Baal's minions without a problem.

Holy Freeze merc with Crown of Thieves, upgraded Goldskin and Bonehew.

Maybe you can draw inspiration from my choice of gear.

Useratuaer

Diabloii.Net Member
I decieded to ditch the Shako and occy for tals. I think the res and + skills will be enought help.

EDIT: What did I spell wrong?

Superhal

Diabloii.Net Member
oh another thing, generally you need absorbs. imho, even a little bit is like having a lot of resists. for mephisto, he has 3 main attacks, lightning, charged bolt, and the iceball. the iceball is just brutal, even absorb won't stop that. most likely he's beating you with cb. you might want to use the moat trick, even if you don't have meteor/blizz.

Useratuaer

Diabloii.Net Member
Superhal said:
oh another thing, generally you need absorbs. imho, even a little bit is like having a lot of resists. for mephisto, he has 3 main attacks, lightning, charged bolt, and the iceball. the iceball is just brutal, even absorb won't stop that. most likely he's beating you with cb. you might want to use the moat trick, even if you don't have meteor/blizz.
I have meteor, but im not very good at the moat trick. I should read up on the guide I think is posted somewhere...

Superhal

Diabloii.Net Member
make sure your merc is dead and don't res him. he'll mess up the trick.

i've done it with lightning, cl, meteor, blizzard, fireball, firewall, etc.. best is blizz or meteor.

k/t

Banned
Tanking is still the best way to go (if you can handle it, and with your blocking and resists, don't try). I don't have absorb, but I can go toe to toe with Meph and think nothing of it. And if you're right in his face, he won't shoot the ball. You just get poisoned.

I will have to do the moat trick with my ladder blizzard sorc, since her resists, blocking and merc suck. Currently doing NM Meph, and he doesn't require it, but Hell surely will.

Oh, it's "aCquire". It was also a humorous turn of phrase.

Are you USEast, ladder, SC?

Edit: Adding absorbs will require missing out on resists, +skills and other things. I don't think they're necessary.