Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

need help with mf sorc

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by red123, Jan 31, 2004.

1. red123

red123 IncGamers Member

need help with mf sorc

i would appreciated if any of u guys would give me some advice on the skill spreadout of a mf sorc and what equipment i should use.i am new to this version of d2 and i have play d2 in version 1.08 and 1.09, but then this verison is so different and i havent play d2 for a long time.

2. red123

red123 IncGamers Member

oh yea and how come i cant seem to read any of the sticky thread? for some reason each time i click on it nothing seem to appear

3. mathil

mathil IncGamers Member

mf sorcs in this version need to be tailered to there particular mf run. for meph/non-cold immune bosses, use blizzard. for area runs, pick a lvl 85 area and a build that won't have problems with its immunities.

on the first or 2nd page of this forum is a list of lvl 85 areas, but the main ones are: mausoleum (a1), pit runs (a1 tamoe highlands), CS (diablo), and the floors before baal.

the "deal" with running the lvl 85 areas is that monster lvl dictates item lvl. these areas are the ones with the highest mlvl normal monsters (obviously bosses are higher). to summarize the rest of the logic, the pit is a cave full of pindles. they can drop every item in the game.

for mausoleum, i think it is blizzard that none of the monsters are immune to.
    for pit runs, CL/FO is best (cold/fire immune)
    for CS, blizzard again (fire/light immune)

for the CL/FO build, look on the first or 2nd page of this forum for a thread labled "m0nk's CL/FO guide" or something like that. m0nk says that version 2.0 of it will come out soon, but the original is great.

blizzard is a build that writes itself. max blizz, max cm, then work on maxing all of its synergies. one in the one-point wonders. stay away from e-shield (it is mana burn against monsters with elemental dmg). base energy, vit=sink hole.

EDIT: the announcement above the stickies explains the lack of stickies.
    EDIT2: its the 2nd announcement down.

4. Manny A

Manny A IncGamers Member

Should a MF Blizz Sorc, mainly Meph and hopefully Baal, use SS at max block, or is it just a waste of points?

5. Manny A

Manny A IncGamers Member

Is Blizz my best shot at MFing Baal with sub-optimal gear.

Shako
    Skullders
    SS
    war travs

I have pretty horrible resistance and not enough life from so many points in dex.

6. red123

red123 IncGamers Member

what is CL/FO and synergies?