Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

need help with mavina bowazon

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by Bob Dole, Mar 21, 2004.

1. Bob Dole

Bob Dole IncGamers Member

need help with mavina bowazon

ok the last post was noobish lol,

this is how i plan my skils to be:-

10 cold arrow
    20 ice arrow
    20 frozen arrow
    17 valkryie
    20 strafe or multiple shot
    rest in penetrate

equipment:-

low lvl-
    weapon - kuko shakaku
    armor - spirit shroud
    belt - perfect string of ears
    boots - treads of cthon
    gloves - blood fist
    amulet - eye if etlich
    rings - manald heal
    helmet - rockstopper

mid lvl-

weapon - buriza
    armor - gloom runeword in scarab husk
    helmet - crown of thieves with 15% ias jewel
    boots - undecided
    gloves - laying of hands
    amulet - cats eye
    rings - manald heal
    belt - perfect verdungo or i might stick to string for life leech

high lvl-

weapon- mavina
    armor - mavina
    helmet - mavina
    gloves - mavina
    belt - mavina
    rings - bul kathos and manald heal
    amulet - undecided, maybe cats eye or highlord
    boots - undecided

im undecided on whether to use strafe or multi shot.
    i dont know what boots to use.
    i dont know what my resistances will be(might um my armor and helmet, and the bow if i can hit a good enough attack speed already)
    im not sure what damage i will be hitting, some people have told me they only hit 1k-1.5k dmg

all advice is appreciated thx alot in advance :thumbsup:

2. royalesse

royalesse IncGamers Member

I'd either flip Ice and Cold arrow or get rid of Ice arrow save for 1 point. Do you really need freeze lenghth on your FA? I'd rather just up my shooting speed.

3. ConFusion

ConFusion IncGamers Member

Much better post now, but you could have editted the previous one. ;)

You're taking 20 in Ice arrow (the second one from the three). If you take this because of the synergie for Freezing Arrow, you're better off with other skills. Ice Arrow only adds 2 extra seconds of cold length when maxed, which is 0,5 seconds in Hell (hell cold length = cold length/4) [edit] The same can be gained from 2 small charms with 1-2 cold dmg or one small charm with 2 cold dmg mods[/edit]. I suggest you put some skills in critical strike, pierce (works great with freezing arrow when fired at packs of monsters) and the dodge/avoid/evade tree.

Since the m'avina's set already gives 100% all resist (50 set bonus, 25% diadem and 25% belt when complete), you're looking at 30% all res in hell with all anya quests completed. Some +all/single resist charms will get those high enough, just make sure you've maxed out fire and lightning. High cold wouldn't hurt either, but with some absorb you'll be just fine, which brings me to the next point: Where the hell is your cannot be frozen? Please save yourself a lot of trouble and put on the godliest ring ever to be created for Amazons: The ravenfrost® You might want to put on two of these cuties, since 20% cold absorb, 15-20 dex, 150-250 AR and 40 mana are just plain great.

As for your speed, 90% ias will give you 9fpa normal attack. 120% ias gives you 9/2 strafe iirc, but that's not worth it imho. Either choose to get a cat's eye/highlords wrath (I prefer the highlords for hardcore) or shael your bow, since you already get 70% ias from the set.

As for boots, there are multiple options. Great rares with mf, dex, resists etc. would be great, but War Traveler's (dmg + vit + str + mf), waterwalks (dex + life + max fire res) or cow kings boots (fire dmg + dex + mf) would work fine too. I wouldn't recommend Gore Riders, as crushing blow works quite crappy on bows and deadly strike shouldn't be missed with a decent crit strike lvl.

4. Bob Dole

ok, thanks, ill start my bowazon again then, ive already got 5 in cold arrow,

so will i just need to shael my bow and ive got 9fps atk speed?
    ill get that raven but im not sure full mavine gives you mana and life leech, ill have to check that out. thank again :thumbsup:

5. Bob Dole

yes, i dont get any leech at all from mavina, has anybody got a dual leech ring that gives resistance as well?

6. Bob Dole

i was thinking for my merc a might merc because if im using valk then the damage will be spread and might not be that bad but i might get a defiance merc to boost my survivability his survuvability and im not sure if it affects my valkryie. ill be giving him gloom runeword in ethereal scarab husk, ethereal perfect gaze, and ethereal bonehew with amn and sgaek in.

i was thinking for my stats maybe :-

str 122
    dex enough for mav bow
    vitality point i have spare
    energy 100 (iill be using a skill which drains ur mana like hell and i have no mana leech)

i have deciided that i will um my mavina armor and helmet for max resists in hell.

all i need now to complete my build is:-

mavina armor
    2x um
    ethereal bonehew
    some resistance charms

so if anyone has them on europe, ladder, softcore and wants to trade msg me on /w *ramshank or just pm me or summet here

7. Freyas

Freyas IncGamers Member

M'avina's belt gives 5% mana leech- though with FA, you'll probably want a fair amount more. I'd recommend using a ravenfrost for a ring, and then aim for leech with your other jewelry slots.

If you shael the bow, you will have enough IAS to reach a 9/3 attack speed, leaving you free sockets in your helm and armor. Another option would be to use IAS jewels or a cats eye/highlords ammy and socket your bow with an amn to take care of your life leech.

I also would not bother with putting points into Ice Arrow.... the synergy bonus from it is pretty worthless. Instead, max FA and the Cold Arrow synergy. M'avina's set gives a nice bonus to freeze length, and ravenfrost will add 4 seconds on top of that. If you're wanting to have a higher freeze duration, I'd recommend getting some small charms with cold damage on them. Each charm will add a second to your freeze length, and if it happens to have 2 cold-damage modifiers(boreal of the glacier, e.g.) then it will add 2 seconds.

8. Bob Dole

ok ty,

new revised version of my skills up to lvl 80:-

20 cold arrow
    20 freezing arrow
    20 strafe
    3 dodge
    3 avoid
    3 evade
    20 valkryie
    13 in penetrate and prerqs

i still dont know what merc to use, ive been thinking about an act 3 lightening or fire merc but i dont know how much damage they do

9. ConFusion

Pierce?

Also: Try finding a dualleech amulet (prefered with skills and resists, if you can get them). The problem with m'avina's set is that it doesn't give any life leech at all. However, the problem might be smaller then you think. Life leech isn't that important to ranged characters as they shouldn't get hit in the first place (that's the whole idea of being ranged with 3 minions ;)).

Also, you'll need 2 ias jewels to counter 1 shael rune (both will give you the same). So ias jewels might just be a waste of valuable sockets.

You said 100 energy? That's a whooping 200 mana increased. You're way better off putting that in dexterity for the extra damage (= more mana leeched). You also need 'only' 107 strength because the gloves give you the +15 str required to wear your armor (or did they give only +10? :/).
    I prefer that over the display bug that doesn't show your armor.

10. Freyas

Freyas IncGamers Member

I agree with ConFusion.... I hadn't noticed that you didn't have pierce included into your build. The solution might be to reduce the number of points into valkyrie- I generally do rather well with her at only level 17 after +skills. If you take 5-6 points out of valkyrie to boost your pierce up, you should have about 50% pierce after your +skills while still having a very survivable valk.

I would suggest not putting the points into energy- you get very little bonus from points in energy with an amazon- those points would be better spent in dexterity or vitality.

For your mercenary, I would recommend an act2 NM merc for the might aura. Mav's caster really doesn't do a lot of damage, and a might merc will help you out quite a bit with both your killing damage with strafe as well as leeching back your mana with FA. Another good possibility would be to get a high-level blessed aim merc, which should do a good job in solving your attack rating problems, and might free up some skill points from penetrate.

With the 100% resist all from the full M'avina's set, you should be able to get max resists fairly easily by Um'ing your helm and armor and putting in a few resistance charms. If you have the space for some skill charms, I'd recommend going for passive charms to boost your pierce, penetrate, critical strike, and valkyrie.

If you haven't already, you might take a look at the FA guide that's stickied in the forum. It covers pretty much everything that you might want to know about how to improve FA.

11. Bob Dole

ok,

equipment now is:-

mavina bow with perfect skull for leech
    mavina helmet with um for resistance
    mavina armor with um for resistance
    mavina gloves
    mavina belt
    ravenfrost ring for cbf, ar, +dex
    manald heal ring for leech
    highlords wrath for deadly strike, ias (to bring me to 90% ias)and +1 skills

im gonna stick with 122 str, before ive lost equipment from not having enuf reqs (die loads leave game, join another pick up body and noooo, my equipment is gone)

im gonna have a defiance merc with eth bonehew and then a 3 soc perfect ed tomb reaver

thanks for advice everyone my build is on its way to completion ( just need to get to lvl 25 dammit then its baal runs)

12. ConFusion

I guess that's my advantage over you by playing hardcore only. Never heard of that. :D

You've got some nice equipment selected there and that should really get you far. If you can find one a nice rare manaleech ring will help you out more then manald, but it's fine for now.

Defiance merc is quite useless imho. Sure, m'avina's armor gives some nice defense, but being a ranged character is all about not getting hit, so you wouldn't have to worry about that. Besides, dodge/avoid/evade are a far better way of defending then defense. ;)

13. Bob Dole

ok ty

ive got gull mavina now, perfect skull in bow for dual leech, um in helm and armor, and im gonna use highlord to boost my atk speed cos i couldnt get hold of a life/mana steal ammy, if i could id of shaeled my bow.

final decision on equipment:-

mavina bow- socketed with perfect skull
    mavina armor- socketed with um
    mavina helm socketed with um
    mavina belt
    mavina gloves
    highlords wrath
    ravenfrost
    manald heal
    marrowalk

skills:-

20 frozen arrow
    20 cold arrow
    17 valk
    3 d/a/e
    20 strafe
    rest in penetrate pierce and prereqs

attributes:-

str 122
    dex as much as ive got
    vitality 200
    energy base

might mercinary with gloom runeword(if i can get hold of it a perfect levi), crappy 8/8/16 gaze, and i dont know what weapon, i have eth tomb reaver for when hes high lvl

thanks for help everyone :clap: i can now go have some fun with my bowazon

bya all :wave: