Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Need help with Impale and Fend

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by Epsilon Eyez, Jun 22, 2005.

1. Epsilon Eyez

Epsilon Eyez IncGamers Member

Need help with Impale and Fend

I was building a zon that so far uses Jab. I want to use Impale, but I have a few questions about it. Is Impale worth using? From what I see, it has a low mana cost and a high damage and attack modifier. Is there any real differentiation in terms of damage compared to Jab and Impale that would make me want to max both of them?

And about Fend -- is it bugged? I don't remember where I got that idea from, and also I'm wondering how much monsters it attacks too.

2. sheepe2004

sheepe2004 IncGamers Member

Impale sucks: Its very slow and breaks your weapon quickly

Fend is bugged, if you dodge an attack while using it something bad happens but im not sure what. I think it means all the other attacks in that fend miss. Also iirc there was a bug where if the first attack misses all the others will miss but you will still be stuck doing the animation.

3. Liliel

Liliel IncGamers Member

Hey, if you want a physical damage spearazon, remember that Passion can be made in a spear. You can use Zeal.

4. Epsilon Eyez

Okay, thanks for the help, I'd rather just max Jab and use a Passion spear instead of using Fend. Got lucky that I didn't have time to get higher than level 11, or else I would have wasted a point in Impale.

5. Pherdnut

Pherdnut IncGamers Member

Impale won't break an indestructable weapon will it?

6. Liliel

Liliel IncGamers Member

Umm, if you're using a Passion spear you should be using Zeal or Beserk, so no need to max Jab (but you'll need some +all skills on your equipment). You can put the spare points into passives (I recommend max Valk, Penetrate and Inner Sight). If you're not going to use Zeal or Beserk, then Stoneraven, upped Lycander's Flank and Arioc's Needle might be better weapon choices.

Either way, you should get some Crushing Blow from your helm (Guillaman's Face), boots (Gorerider) and/or gloves (Venomgrip, crafted gloves).

Oh, and as far as I know Impale won't decrese durability on an indestructible item... It's still horribly slow though.

7. Epsilon Eyez

Bah...I totally missed that. I really should make a new zon for this and use Passion. The only other zon I've made is a Daggerzon, and I deleted that not because it was bad, but because I hadn't done much with it and it was at a static level 24.

8. hulla-hop

hulla-hop IncGamers Member

you oculd also skip the dodge/evade/avoid skills altogether and use Fend. from waht ive heard its not bugged then, and is one powerfull skill.

9. harley98

harley98 IncGamers Member

fend

i totally agree with you. the skill fend itself is not bugged, it just seems that way when the animation kicks in for dodge/evade/avoid (you stop what you were doing to duck or dodge something). i have 2 zons that use fend as their main attack and it is very powerfull. when i use fend or strafe i never put points in dodge/evade/avoid but i do miss my valkyrie. for a life saving skill it sure can get you killed quick!

10. sangfagel

sangfagel IncGamers Member

I use fend in my build and I have invested in all avoid skills preatty much. I don´t see this bug so often. I guess it depends on playing style.
    I have eth Hone + Goblin Toe (= 70% cb)... really devastating. Lack of cb makes Passion useless for melee zon imo. Otherwise it´s very nice runeword.