Need help with Holy Freeze merc equipment

Lord Chaos

Diabloii.Net Member
Need help with Holy Freeze merc equipment

I do alot of Meph runs, and my biggest problem is that my merc gets toasted *very* fast even at 2.5K HP and 75 all resists.

Is there any good merc style equipment that can give fire, lightning and cold absorb?

DarkHelmet

Diabloii.Net Member
i'd suggest a vamp gaze for dmg reduced and leech, because meph does swing a lot in close combat. i can't think of any armour with absorb, so there, probably just go with a shaft. that's what my lvl ** holy freeze merc uses, and with a potion or two, he usually survives just fine. Also a good weapon is unique thresher, i think it's called the reapers toll.

th5418

Banned
Use a high damage weapon. A reapers toll doesnt really have a high damage. YOu cannot leech off of hell meph so better off with a damage weapon.

Shadow_247

Diabloii.Net Member
Go for vamp gaze, shaft/levi and ethereal ShaelShael bonehew (or reapers toll). Assuming your merc is always in close quaters with mephisto he should take physical damage. There is no one piece of equipment that gives all absorbs - i'm not even sure you can have all 3 absorbs in the helm, armour, weapon combo.

Out of interest, which build are you using.

Zenkat

Diabloii.Net Member
The Decrepify from reapers toll will slow meph down a bunch, thats the usefulness of it right there.

Lord Chaos

Diabloii.Net Member
I don't have reapers toll :( but good suggestion.

He's already using Vampires Gaze...and so far its been a huge let down...the biggest problem is heavy fire groups, like tons of bloodlords which takes time for me to kill and he dies very quickly to their fire.

Ryshenron

Diabloii.Net Member
a good high dmg cheap weapon would be a nice 190%ed+ ethereal spire of honor upgraded to warpike...sick 800+ max dmg