Need help with Chaos Sanc.

dragoonkf

Diabloii.Net Member
Need help with Chaos Sanc.

Hey guys, im new to this forum hope you can help.
My Hdin, 2nd char, i made was to do MF runs on bosses, as my 1st char a summoning necro really sucks at it.

I do not have any spectacular gear, and ill die 1-2 times while doing chaos runs for myself at nightmare. My hdin is at lvl 85 with 927 life. Any tips or ideas to keep me from dying to curses in chaos ? Thanks !

krischan

Europe Trade Moderator
Re: Need help with Chaos Sanc.

Maximize resists, switch off running mode when enemies are near, have blocking at 75% while holy shield is active (move the mouse cursor over the defense rating in the character screen).

927 life at L85 is a bit low for a paladin. Did you spend too much on str and dex ? Str: Enough to wear equipment, dex: Enough for 75% blocking, energy: nothing, vit: all the rest.

dragoonkf

Diabloii.Net Member

i have base 100 for str, base 110 for dex and base 227 vit.. i still have 55 unused stat points because im unsure. Well im a very poor player and my resist are all above 0 in nightmare thanks to my shield which gives +49 resist to all .

Bipoe

Diabloii.Net Member

Try wizard spike for the 75 allres, Cheap and good.=)

dragoonkf

Diabloii.Net Member

Hehe sorry, just came back to D2 after 3 years of stopping. Whats a wizard spike ?

dragoonkf

Diabloii.Net Member

Thanks alot jimmah and guys ! but im using a scepter with +3 skills, should i still make a switch weapons ?

krischan

Europe Trade Moderator

A Wizardspike adds 50% faster cast rate (fcr), 75% allres and quite a bit mana, that's better on its own than your scepter IMO, but if you can reach the 75% fcr breakpoint (or even the 125% one) and allres otherwise, keep your scepter.

NewForumBloke

Diabloii.Net Member

What gear are you using? Maybe knowing what your using we can help you out a bit, you do have max block right? By that lvl you should already have blessed hammers, blessed aim, vigor, and conc all maxed or very very close to being maxed, and have a couple points into holy sheild.

dragoonkf

Diabloii.Net Member

What gear are you using? Maybe knowing what your using we can help you out a bit, you do have max block right? By that lvl you should already have blessed hammers, blessed aim, vigor, and conc all maxed or very very close to being maxed, and have a couple points into holy sheild.
Uhh Yeah my all thats left is blessed aim with 2 more skill points to maxed. ill list out the equips im using.

Weapon: heaven's light scepter
Armor: Grisworld Heart, Plate.
Glove: some exceptional light gauntlet with +18%mf (storm claw)
Boots: exceptional demonhide boots +22%mf (dire greaves)
Shield: havoc tower sacred targe (201 def, 75%block, +29allresist)
Helmet: Crown of Thieves
Rings: both are MF rings 11%+12%.
Ammy: +1pally skills.

Hope these were of used to you guys, Thanks again !

BAMFSpecialOps

Diabloii.Net Member

These are cheap and you might want to try to look into getting a few of these:
Weapon-wizspike*res/fcr/mana*
Armor-viper magi*fcr/res/skill*
Gloves-Trangs*fcr/cold res*
Boots-Aldurs*frw/life/fire res*
Shield-Spirit made in a paladin only res shield*skills/fcr/some res/mana* **cheap if your on ladder**
Helmet-Tarn helm/Peasent Crown*both have 1 skill, tarn has a little mf also*
Rings-nagels*up to 30 mf*
Ammy-+skills, either a lower +1 all skill, or a 2 pally/3combat skill ammy.

This would give you nice res/125% fcr/some more skills. There is not much mf in this gear I know, but survivablity>mf. With lower mf you can run the pits for whites/sockets/some nice drops.

dragoonkf

Diabloii.Net Member

Ah thanks, i guess ill start to get those equips 1st then.

Edit: i got my wizspike trading with my IK maul and boots, and a heavens light scepter. the wizspike helped me tons in my Nm chaos runs.

Last edited:

Tweezle

Diabloii.Net Member

Uhh Yeah my all thats left is blessed aim with 2 more skill points to maxed. ill list out the equips im using.

Weapon: heaven's light scepter
Armor: Grisworld Heart, Plate.
Glove: some exceptional light gauntlet with +18%mf (storm claw)
Boots: exceptional demonhide boots +22%mf (dire greaves)
Shield: havoc tower sacred targe (201 def, 75%block, +29allresist)
Helmet: Crown of Thieves
Rings: both are MF rings 11%+12%.
Ammy: +1pally skills.

Hope these were of used to you guys, Thanks again !
IMO- Here's what ya need if you can get it.
I've a lvl 92 Vanquisher pally..hmdn/smiter
For spamming hammerz & mf

Helm: Harlequin Crest Shako- +2 all skill, +2 all attributes +life +mana and has 50% MF

armor: Enigma +2 skills + teleport, AND 92% MF, plus other good stuff.
IF you need more resists, go with Chains Of Honor which as the same +2 skills, great resists, I think 60 or something, but not the MF

glloves: Chance Guards perfiect 200/40 MF

boots: War Travs for MF

belt: Arachnid Mesh of course, +skills

amulet: Mara's +2 skills, +6 attributes, 30 resistance

Shield: Hoz (Herald Of Zararum) has +2 combat skills & +2 pally sk9lls, 60 something resistance, among other things.

rings: SOJ (stone of jordan) +1 skills, OR nagal ring for mf and ravenfrost for mana and can't be frozen (comes in handy)

Wep: I perfer the Hoto,(Heart Of The Oak, mace class) +3 all skills, faster casting, and other good stuff.

stock your inventory with +combat skill and/or resistance charms, a pally torch, and last but not least, an annihlus with +skills, attributes and resistance.

If you wish, on the backside for wep. swap to smite/zeal use Last Wish sword & Exile shield (but your resists will go down b/c the Exile has none, but has a nice defiance aura when equipped)

BTW I fitted my hoz with the Um rune for resistance boost. I always choose carefully when building my character as you can add the sockets in act 5 to your armor, shield and helm.

Hope I didn't leave anything out....make sure you max all your synergy skills to boost hammers to the fullest dmg. (BA, Concentration, Vigor) :grin:

NewForumBloke

Diabloii.Net Member

Thats like top notch gear... and clearly from looking at his current setup i doubt he'd be close to getting any of that soon.

BAMFSpecialOps has the right suggestions to get you started. I would say the first thing that you will probably want to upgrade will be the armor to enigma, since the teleport does help with aiming the hammers some, getting around for quicker mfing. I think when i first started making a low budget my gear looks like this:

+skill hat (either a +combat or pcrown)
Vipermagi armor
Wiz spike
Any 4os res sheild for a pala i can find that has nice block to it (they usually dont take too long to find) and make a spirit in it.
Magefists/Trangs for more fcr
Gloom's Trap/String of Ears/ Maybe a rare belt ive found with another char with fhr/stats/life/mana/res
Silkweaves/Waterwalks (depends on how pressed i am for mana)
Ring/Ammy i just try to find w/e i can scrap together to hit 125 fcr and as many +skills/res as i can.

That usually gets me enough res/fcr/fhr/etc to walk chaos until i have enough wealth to either make/trade for an enigma, then i just upgrade when i can.

Tweezle

Diabloii.Net Member

Thats like top notch gear... and clearly from looking at his current setup i doubt he'd be close to getting any of that soon.

BAMFSpecialOps has the right suggestions to get you started. I would say the first thing that you will probably want to upgrade will be the armor to enigma, since the teleport does help with aiming the hammers some, getting around for quicker mfing. I think when i first started making a low budget my gear looks like this:

+skill hat (either a +combat or pcrown)
Vipermagi armor
Wiz spike
Any 4os res sheild for a pala i can find that has nice block to it (they usually dont take too long to find) and make a spirit in it.
Magefists/Trangs for more fcr
Gloom's Trap/String of Ears/ Maybe a rare belt ive found with another char with fhr/stats/life/mana/res
Silkweaves/Waterwalks (depends on how pressed i am for mana)
Ring/Ammy i just try to find w/e i can scrap together to hit 125 fcr and as many +skills/res as i can.

That usually gets me enough res/fcr/fhr/etc to walk chaos until i have enough wealth to either make/trade for an enigma, then i just upgrade when i can.
True... the hoto SOJ's & ravenfrost would be hard to come by. I got lucky and found on a few baal runs: War Travs, HQ Shako, Magefists, AND just found a Hoz in the cold plains (hell) today! It simply said "gilded shield" until I iden'd it. Glad I picked that up since I had no idea what it actually was.

dragoonkf

Diabloii.Net Member

Thanks alot guys for your input, i was wondering what runs should i do ? Meph runs are quite bothersome due to the large area to find the next level, or i should go for some hell countess runs ?

BAMFSpecialOps

Diabloii.Net Member

Hell countess/arcane can net you runes/keys/some items
the pit can lead to nice whites to trade/items
nm andy/mephy can lead to sojs/decent drops

dragoonkf

Diabloii.Net Member

Hell countess/arcane can net you runes/keys/some items
the pit can lead to nice whites to trade/items
nm andy/mephy can lead to sojs/decent drops
hey uhh im not quite sure whats white but.... if you mean equips with white name, aint they just a normal equip ? Why are they decent for trades ?